Just pokin the bears ;)

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
BULLHOCKEY ! ! !

Look at the title of the thread. Look at the content of the thread.

This is not a 'Gee, I found this interesting' post. The objective is to continue to disperse falsehoods and suppress knowledge. It is easier to spew hyperbole than to defend defenseless positions. Kick up the dust, so nobody can see.

Again ... BULLHOCKEY!

Some people actually delete SPAM from their inbox.
Somebody needs a hug......

This is a little light in presentation by Tgace (who cares what the post 'says' to you as much as what TGace is using it for) to be considered "Spreading Falsehood" I would say.

Is it false to consider or make a point about voter perceptions or the incongruity of how similar actions/policies may be viewed.

YES, it is not verifiable or substantial in sourcing, but can you dispute that the disparity in public approval/reaction to the similar actions/policies?

I have said in the past that the "Cowboy President" persona has worn thin on many Americans (and probably Foreign Diplomacy too). This could just as easily be seen as an indicator of how Bush has shot himself in the foot as it is an observation on voters....

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fishin' is so easy when you use the right bait. Ill have to try some Republican bait next time to see what I catch..... ;)

Funny how when you look at some of the other "who would win in a fight King Kong or Godzilla" threads nobody complains about waste of bandwidth. Mention politics though....

Must have been all that Halliburton water I drank in 99'.....

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
This forum is for the serious discussion of non-martial arts topics including world events, social and political issues, or other items not covered in the other forums.

Please keep thread drift to a minimum, and focus on the main ideas of the topic. If you find yourself drifting off, please start a new thread to focus on it.

This forum is for the more serious/focused discussions. Please keep the discussions to a friendly level. We understand that some topics will get heated at times. Lets keep it professional, and avoid any personal insults or similar activites out of those debates.
I believe Tgace knew exactly what he was doing.
I believe Tgace knew exactly what he was posting and where he was posting it.

There is another forum, over there, if one wishes to discuss 'King Kong vs. Godzilla'.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know, despite the humorous thread title, the original post IS about politics, which is very much within The Study's jurisdiction (there I go with legal terms again, but it works).

Is the point of the "email" close-minded, unrealistic? Quite possibly. Does it make a valid point about political double-standards? I don't think so, but it's worth discussing.

It's at least worth more than just ignoring it based on who sent it (which has nothing to do with the validity of the content/message) or based on Tgace's intent to rile up a few members here (which, golly gee, nobody else on this forum has ever attempted before, we all KNOW that).

R

rmcrobertson

I'm afriad that I agree with Mr. Edwards.

My reasons, though, are a little different (though I certainly agree with the whole, "throw enough mud at the wall...," argument) : I'm about tired of these, "Don't you leftists have a sense of humor?" routines.

In the first place, haven't you ever wondered why right-wing types never seem to produce great comedians? Yes, yes, I know--Dennis Miller. Well, Mr. Miller hasn't been funny in about five years; just about the time he went rightist, his whole act got tireder and tireder. Compare him to Jon Stewart, who's gotten funnier and funnier, and you'll get my point...

In the second, yes yes, funny joke, ha-ha. "Have you heard the one about the two black guys who walk into a bar....?" Hey, what about the one about the two fags who are watching....hey, didja get the joke about the two lesbians...yes yes, ha-ha, funny funny, regrettably I stopped finding this crap always funny about fifteen years back

It's always the same: deployment of bad comedy in support of ideology, iced over with the old, "It's just a joke! Don't you people have a sense of humor?" frosting just in case anybody says anything.

Of course, oddly enough, topics such as our absurd President, American flag mania, Dick Cheney, Bible-thumpers....NOT A FIT TOPIC FOR COMEDY!!! These are serious times!!! You should support our idiot...uh, President--in time of undeclared pointless war....uh, I mean, action justifiably taken in the name of national defense and feedom-loving peoples throughout the world!!! (Gee...did I substitute, "fee," for, "Free?" I'll be darned.)

But I'm just pokin' the bears. Don't you right-wing nutcases have a sense of humor anymore?

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, cursed be the one who attempts to interject humor into a topic.

Incidentally, and if you care to actually respond, who might be the right-wing nutcases who've posted in this topic that you're addressing?

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
I believe Tgace knew exactly what he was doing.
I believe Tgace knew exactly what he was posting and where he was posting it.

There is another forum, over there, if one wishes to discuss 'King Kong vs. Godzilla'.
What did Tgace know and when did he know it? BearPokeGate? PokeBearGate?

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
TwistofFat said:
What did Tgace know and when did he know it? BearPokeGate? PokeBearGate?
Funny how folks who would speak out against McCarthyism and such are now asking him to "Name Names".....

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...
For you who called me a 'whiner', you are entitled to your opinion, but Tgace is intentionally spreading lies.

United States Operations in Serbia were around 12 Billion dollars.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d02294.pdf

United States Operation in Iraq, to date have surpassed 120 Billion, with additional Billions appropriated.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why, if Clinton is cited as the comparison, weren't the good things he accomplished as president worth mentioning? Even the (few) good things (one might find) that W has done?

You posit negative, you get negative in this case.

Don't these people who write these kinds of emails have lives (other than the internet)?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President Bush: "I'm metrosexual — he's a cowboy."

Pretty creative writing.....what a knucklehead.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here lets make everybody happy now....

dread the thought of bush being Presendent!

Election Propaganda

I'm trying to get all this political stuff straightened out in my head
so I'll know how to vote come November. Right now, we have one guy saying
one thing. Then the other guy says something else. Who to believe. Let me
see; have I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq , cheney bankin it- bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia -finished the job,the world respects us, good...
Bush spends 200+ billion in Iraq and counting, we getting our butts kicked 1000 dead,1000's mamed country is in chaos- bad...

Clinton and the world imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush and neo-cons and jews imposes regime change in Iraq , the damn country is in a mess- bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serb criminals on behalf of Muslim Albanian women and children-good...
Bush goes to iraq on false intel from jews kills 1000's of iraqi's the whole world hates us - bad...

airforce bombs Chinese embassy by accident apologizes and the chinese accept it - good...
Bush bombs cities kills women and children to make up for daddy's mistakes oil buddies stand to make a killing- bad...

Clinton takes country to prosperity surplus- good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit while soldiers are getting killed for lies and still are,us showing record deficits- bad...

mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD,no nukes no nothing found in Iraq - bad...

Stock market soars under Clinton - good...
Economy crashes, millions unemployed, millions have no insurance ,millions in poverty under Bush - bad...

Clinton handles Bin Laden ,keeps him in check- good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush he sits there reading my pet goat for 15 minutes- bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted in jail- good...
Saddam turned over for trial not yet convicted- good...

Ahh, it's so confusing!

tax burden has shifted to middle class for first time while 85% of companies did not pay taxes under bush--bad

Recently, John Kerry gave a speech in which he claimed Americans are
actually paying more taxes under Bush, despite the tax cuts. this happens to be the fact
Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.
Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas he bought after ripping off arlington residents on stadium deal ran two companies bk. Kerry owns 4 mansions he worked for,all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old barn brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).

The conclusion; you must be dumb to love Bush. you have to be have an iq to vote for a hero like Kerry!

Only stupid people suck down the lies from the neo-con #$@%%#'s!

S

SMP

michaeledward said:
For you who called me a 'whiner', you are entitled to your opinion, but Tgace is intentionally spreading lies.

United States Operations in Serbia were around 12 Billion dollars.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d02294.pdf

United States Operation in Iraq, to date have surpassed 120 Billion, with additional Billions appropriated.

I was wondering why you neglected to include a dudgeting report for Iraq ?

Not does not look very good to point a finger then only half follow through.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Here lets make everybody happy now....

dread the thought of bush being Presendent!

Election Propaganda

I'm trying to get all this political stuff straightened out in my head
so I'll know how to vote come November. Right now, we have one guy saying
one thing. Then the other guy says something else. Who to believe. Let me
see; have I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq , cheney bankin it- bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia -finished the job,the world respects us, good...
Bush spends 200+ billion in Iraq and counting, we getting our butts kicked 1000 dead,1000's mamed country is in chaos- bad...

Clinton and the world imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush and neo-cons and jews imposes regime change in Iraq , the damn country is in a mess- bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serb criminals on behalf of Muslim Albanian women and children-good...
Bush goes to iraq on false intel from jews kills 1000's of iraqi's the whole world hates us - bad...

airforce bombs Chinese embassy by accident apologizes and the chinese accept it - good...
Bush bombs cities kills women and children to make up for daddy's mistakes oil buddies stand to make a killing- bad...

Clinton takes country to prosperity surplus- good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit while soldiers are getting killed for lies and still are,us showing record deficits- bad...

mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD,no nukes no nothing found in Iraq - bad...

Stock market soars under Clinton - good...
Economy crashes, millions unemployed, millions have no insurance ,millions in poverty under Bush - bad...

Clinton handles Bin Laden ,keeps him in check- good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush he sits there reading my pet goat for 15 minutes- bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted in jail- good...
Saddam turned over for trial not yet convicted- good...

Ahh, it's so confusing!

tax burden has shifted to middle class for first time while 85% of companies did not pay taxes under bush--bad

Recently, John Kerry gave a speech in which he claimed Americans are
actually paying more taxes under Bush, despite the tax cuts. this happens to be the fact
Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.
Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas he bought after ripping off arlington residents on stadium deal ran two companies bk. Kerry owns 4 mansions he worked for,all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old barn brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).

The conclusion; you must be dumb to love Bush. you have to be have an iq to vote for a hero like Kerry!

Only stupid people suck down the lies from the neo-con #$@%%#'s!

What is this, sedate the bear you poked. Nice sum up. :lol:

If bear pokin was a sport, you could be an olympian, a one armed one, but still a medal contender.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
SMP said:
I was wondering why you neglected to include a dudgeting report for Iraq ?

Not does not look very good to point a finger then only half follow through.
Yeah, it probably doesn't look good. I did not quote the Iraq numbers because I figured this information was much more available. There have been several numbers thrown around. Kerry said 200 billion in the debate. The fact check organizations after the debate say 120 billion. Project Billboard says 141 billion. Doesn't really matter which one you choose, although, I prefer Project Billboard. http://www.projectbillboard.org

And, what will the Iraq cost be when we are looking back 8 years from now? Does anyone think we will not spend the 200 billion? 300 billion?

Perhaps you all remember that we were told that the Iraqi Oil was going to be able to pay for all the reconstruction anyhow ... and it wasn't going to cost the American Taxpayer very much money, at all. Oh, yeah, and when some people in the Congress wanted to make some of the money 'loans' (you remember, that 87 billion), the President threatened a veto.

Speaker: Wolfowitz, Paul - Deputy Secretary of Defense
Date: 3/27/2003
Quote/Claim:
“The oil revenues of Iraq could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We're dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” [Source: Congressional Testimony]

Speaker: Perle, Richard - Defense Policy Board
Date: 7/11/2002
Quote/Claim:
"Iraq is a very wealthy country. Enormous oil reserves. They can finance, largely finance, the reconstruction of their own country. And I have no doubt that they will." [Source: PBS Web site]

Speaker: Natsios, Andrew - Bush USAID Director
Date: 3/23/2003
Quote/Claim:
"Well, in terms of the American taxpayers' contribution, I do; this is it for the U.S. The rest of the rebuilding of Iraq will be done by other countries who have already made pledges ... But the American part of this will be one-point-seven billion dollars. We have no plans for any further-on funding for this."

Speaker: Bush, George - President
Date: 4/13/2004
Quote/Claim:
"Well, the oil revenues are -- they're bigger than we thought they would be at this point in time. I mean, one year after the liberation of Iraq, the revenues of the oil stream is pretty darn significant." [Source: White House Web site]
Fact:
Iraq oil revenues are now only "running at a rate of about $14 billion a year" – far less than the $20 billion to $30 billion a year the Bush Administration promised would allow Iraq to "finance its own reconstruction." - NY Times,

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OULobo said:
What is this, sedate the bear you poked. Nice sum up. :lol:

If bear pokin was a sport, you could be an olympian, a one armed one, but still a medal contender.
Yeah...I lost the other one in a tragic pokin gone awry. ;)

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
There was a story on our local news tonight about two women who got into a 'brawl' over Bush vs. Kerry. The one woman, who didn't live in the building, 62 years old, came in with a Bush poster and some other literature. Well, one of the residents of the building took exception to that, in spite of the things being 'for a friend', and told the first woman to 'get rid of that garbage - now!' She didn't comply, and the second woman started hitting her on the arms so she would drop everything. First woman filed a police report.

Oh yes. The second woman (the attacker) is 86 years old - a retired Economics professor. She stated "I just don't know what came over me, but I was incensed! I'm usually such a rational person."

Poke that bear...

P

PeachMonkey

kenpo tiger said:
There was a story on our local news tonight about two women who got into a 'brawl' over Bush vs. Kerry. The one woman, who didn't live in the building, 62 years old, came in with a Bush poster and some other literature. Well, one of the residents of the building took exception to that, in spite of the things being 'for a friend', and told the first woman to 'get rid of that garbage - now!' She didn't comply, and the second woman started hitting her on the arms so she would drop everything. First woman filed a police report.

I've got $5 that says that O'Reilly will feature this story to show how "violent" liberals are, and how "oppressed" the "patriots" who support Bush really are.

Latest Discussions