Just curious about this...

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just INSANELY curious about this, so, here's my question:
For those of us who DO lift weights, what's your favorite exercise to do with them?

benj13bowlin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That is a really hard question to answer. I like the feeling of pushing a lot of weight, especially on exercises that work several muscle groups. So I guess I would have to say the incline dumbell press is my favorite, but there are so many others that I like almost as much.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love doing pull overs and pectoral flys. I really like the way my muscles feel when I do those two....

- Ceicei

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Short range benchpresses to failure (enough mass to fail at ~20 reps) -- one set per week.

Same for short range pullups --> one set.

Cable pulldowns because I'm too weak still to do full blown pullups.

Also, leg extensions and leg curls --> 3 sets of each. These are therapeutic for a knee condition that I have.

I do not enjoy lifting weights, but I do these few exercises.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Clubbell Iron Cross

I usually do the Shoulder Cast, the one handed component that makes the up the Iron Cross when you add a second clubbell, because I find it easier to work into a routine. But the Iron Cross speaks to me.

The Side Swipe includes the Shoulder Cast and continues onto a swing, increasing the range of motion. However, it's got a completely different sensation of yielding, halting, and overcoming force because the swing and gravity give you some helping physics.

However, I try not to have favorites. And my first inclination was to say, "The exercise I'm doing right Now." Thank you for causing me to look a bit deeper.

EDIT - Hey, I found a video. This guy is huge, I've got some concerns about his form, and it looks like 5 lbs clubbells, but here you go: http://media.putfile.com/The-Iron-Cross-Demo-with-Clubbells

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last time I did heavy weight training, I started with squats. Something I read (maybe Brawn) said there were some big advantages to that. This was 10 years back, so I don't recall the details.

These days, I do yoga and calithstenics.

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I only have time for one exercise I like to load up a bar and do the stiff-legged deadlift. I injured my back a couple years back, and it has done wonders for me.

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bench Press....undoubtedly my favourite. However if I had to pick exercises for other major body parts I would pick Bent Over Rows & Deadlifts.

Latest Discussions