Jkd instructor

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sure it's not easy to win Kata Competitions, but I'm sure that it's mostly about athleticism. Full time MMA fighters are training 2-3 sessions a day, and working a job to live. Pretty sure if these MMA fighters trained 2-3 times a day doing kata, can figure it out and be great at it, if it paid real money.

And footwork is based on how someone fight. There's no exact footwork for MMA.
You think TMA has "exact footwork". Please explain, because I think you're wrong.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
So you're an MMA trainer somewhere?

Then why are you so busy cluttering up a JKD thread? Shouldn't you be, you know, off "encouraging your intermediate guys"?

Hmmm, let me think real hard about this one.... maybe it's b/c I don't live at the gym or something, like they do in the movies? What, I can't get on the internet to post on forums? NO right? Need to keep training and you know, always "encouraging intermediate guys"....even though they're probably at home with their family or something. LOL.

I also like to tool around with my cars, watch movies, Larp, work a job, etc...NO, must stop all of that & train & encourage intermediate guys with all of that time wasted, right? Darn it, just wasted at least 4 minutes typing this and could've been encouraging people at the gym :p

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not what I said that you were getting mad about; so you read this one wrong also. Obviously it was the other one where you got really happy thinking that I said I've been training less than 3 years. It was pretty funny.
I am sorry to be causing you more confusion, but you are the only one who is confused.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you touted Cerrone as some kind of final authority on hard sparring, not me.
No, you touted yourself as being able to determine why others don't train the way you think they should. I think Cowboy has more credibility.
See the difference? Again, you don't really know why he trains the way he does now and what hard sparring is for. Especially when Cerrone was notorious for hard sparring; as well as most of the top gyms in the world that produces world Champions.
Yeah. I've only known the family for like 25 years. I couldn't possibly have any clue.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
No, you touted yourself as being able to determine why others don't train the way you think they should. I think Cowboy has more credibility.

No, because you've presented Cerrone's current methods of training as some sort of final authority on hard sparring w/o knowing that he's notorious for hard sparring and not understanding what hard sparring is actually for; but only did so b/c you thought it aligned with your personal fears for hard sparring.

While I did not use myself as the counter to Cerrone's current methods of training, but that of top gyms of the world that produces world champions; which all have hard sparring.

Yeah. I've only known the family for like 25 years. I couldn't possibly have any clue.

Well that's cool, but Cerrone's training has always included hard sparring throughout most of his career, so why?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1646323631837.png

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, let me think real hard about this one.... maybe it's b/c I don't live at the gym or something, like they do in the movies? What, I can't get on the internet to post on forums? NO right? Need to keep training and you know, always "encouraging intermediate guys"....even though they're probably at home with their family or something. LOL.

I also like to tool around with my cars, watch movies, Larp, work a job, etc...NO, must stop all of that & train & encourage intermediate guys with all of that time wasted, right? Darn it, just wasted at least 4 minutes typing this and could've been encouraging people at the gym :p
Well, I'm confused. JKD, what do you know about that?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Full time MMA fighters are training 2-3 sessions a day, and working a job to live.
I used to train that much. Three times a day, plus a full time job. Nobody paid me to do it though.

I haven’t done that in a while. Im not in my forties anymore.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just doin’ my job.

I think we all need a little more comedic break around here. Sometimes we all take ourselves a little too seriously.
I never take myself too seriously . Nope you must be talking about someone else lol

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
You are obsessed. It’s kinda sad at this point.

But you're the guy needing quote my post that was directed towards someone else, therefore I wasn't even talking to you. Wouldn't that be deemed as being more obsessive?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
But you're the guy needing quote my post that was directed towards someone else, therefore I wasn't even talking to you. Wouldn't that be deemed as being more obsessive?
Its a forum for discussion. Discussing includes commentary and opinion. Thus, I have chosen( likely unwisely) to comment on your opinion. It’s just always the same old merry go round. MMA vs Everything else. It’s old and tired and holds no water. Style vs style arguments are the equivalent of any opinion based rant. So, there you go, my opinion of your opinion, which you restated time and time again. Don’t take it personal, your opinion is just as valid as mine.

Latest Discussions