Is this guy for real?

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I dont know enough about him and P.Vunak to comment.

But i dont think this guy cares what P.Vunak thinks either, looks like he's trying to start his own thing off..

cheers
72ronin

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
It looks like it's somebody impersonating the real instructor. Check some of the comments.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure who Chris is but Paul Vunak is the real deal. Here is a simple clip of his. He actually head butts a guy with a motorcycle helmut on. This guy has taught navy seals.

Enjoy

[yt]mGSGGFzg4pI[/yt]

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure he is genuine in what he is teaching but that elbow technique is terrible, motorcycle helmet or not

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone else recently asked about this guy on another forum (www.fmatalk.com)

As was pointed out there, Paul Vunak has instructors who have been with him a long time and could teach a full spectrum of material. BUT, Vunak also offers a two day instructor course on his RAT (rapid assault tactics) program, which is a very condensed down and dirty combatives approach. After the two days you are an apprentice instructor in Vunak's organization (when you pay the fees).

Moran's description of what he does sounds like he did the two day course, and is listed as an app. instructor on Vunak's site.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chris Moran is for real but this guy might be impersonating the real one.
It's not for sure but ceck the comments.

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i had that thought too when i read the comments, but repz has posted his site, thats him..

christianmoranp

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello – This is Chris Moran - Finally I got access to this forum to clear the air on videos being posted on youtube.​

1.The youtube account "chrismoranjkd" is a fake.​

The account "chrismoranjkd" was recently created around 2 weeks after my official youtube channel went up. Whoever it is downloaded my videos, re-titled and changed the description of the video’s.​

I have no affiliation or endorse the commentary of this account and do apologize for the confusion. The way the video’s are describing myself, my students, PFS, and Sifu Paul Vunak are misleading and disrespectful.​

I basically have a youtube stalker and have already contacted the help center to remove this page. Youtube however takes forever to process a complaint so I do not know how long the process will take.​

2. My official youtube channel is the following:
http://www.youtube.com/user/jkdnewyork

If you go to my official youtube page "jkdnewyork" you will see the videos I posted myself with the correct "description" and "title".​

The context of the video is important because on my page it clearly states these videos were taking from some of my "BEGINNERS CLASS" which is an intro to self defense.​

Most of these videos were taken after just 2-3 months of training and they have progressed nicely since then.​

Comment on elbow strikes mechanics –​

In one video we were doing an intense cardio drill and the student is doing a series of elbow strikes. The focus of the drill was to get the student to involve his body early in training. To correctly involve the hips, legs, and have solid structure on the point of impact.​

Once that is achieved then we can refine the movement so the torso movement is sharp, fast and still retaining power. With time the student will progress from gross to refined movement so we can use our tools economically.​

I aim to teach this early so when we get pass the Rapid Assault Tactics system and move into Jun Fun Kickboxing the base mechanics are present. With a solid base it’s easier to teach the rest of the tools we use in kickboxing.​

3. I’m currently a Full Instructor in JKD Concepts under Sifu Paul Vunak since December 2005 and have requested for the instructors list to be updated. Everyone know they just recently updated the website after years! :eek:) but I’m glad they finally did.​

Unfortunately the instructors list has not changed but I hope it will soon.​

I teach a lot more then Rapid Assault Tactics but to me it’s an excellent introduction to JKD Concepts. Considering it’s streamlined for self defense but still incorporates the major concepts so the student can begin internalizing concept not just technique.​

4. I have a lot of respect and admiration for Sifu Paul Vunak and hope to clear the air that this account "chrismoranjkd" is creating.​

5. If there is still any doubt of who I’m or what I do. My door is always open to any martial artist to talk, discuss JKD, or just hang out and get to know me personally.​

In light of the confusion – if you are a beginning student you are welcomed to come to my classes for 2 weeks free of charge. Just email me at [email protected] your contact info and we can schedule your visit.​

Best Wishes​

Chris Moran​

Here are some of my online recommendations and more coming soon…​

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for straightening things out Mr. Moran, I knew something smelled fishy.

unladylikedefnse

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just want to vouch and confirm that Chris Moran is Paul Vunak's certified instructor. I hope that helps clear the confusion.

Speaking of Paul Vunak, is anyone going to his annual retreat in August? I found out that Erik Paulsen and Daniel Duby will be guest speakers which is pretty cool! :)

Someone else recently asked about this guy on another forum (www.fmatalk.com)

As was pointed out there, Paul Vunak has instructors who have been with him a long time and could teach a full spectrum of material. BUT, Vunak also offers a two day instructor course on his RAT (rapid assault tactics) program, which is a very condensed down and dirty combatives approach. After the two days you are an apprentice instructor in Vunak's organization (when you pay the fees).

Moran's description of what he does sounds like he did the two day course, and is listed as an app. instructor on Vunak's site.

Latest Discussions