Fastest hands! Heard of this style?

natans81

White Belt
Reaction score

this video is legit i can tell you it isn't fast forwarded!
it is a video from a famous dojo in israel.
in the user's other videos you will see all kind of crazy stuff like pole breaking on the neck and amazing techniqes!
what do you think guys? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Quite obviously scripted. Looks like every other style that's supposed to be destructive and unstoppable that we see here.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
It isnt unheard of. Not the System, what Theyre doing. That kind of Speed isnt rare in Experienced Martial Artists, and its mostly a blend of memorization and relaxation followed by tension.

That aside;

Im not a fan of standing wristlocks, so Ill just ignore them, so as to remain unbiased.
The first show of hitting at one guy in a 2vs1 situation in what seemed to be a carpark made little sense realism wise. Its pretty much showing Him randomly attack some guy whilst His mate watches.
Pistol Disarms are generally a bad idea, but the first way shown is perhaps one of the better methods.
0:24; Grabbing the stabbing wrist is not particularly realistic.
Same goes for 0:27. It just isnt a practical approach.
The Choke Takedown immediately after 0:27 is ok, except that it presumes the Opponent wont try and run back with You, which is a likely scenario within the first few seconds, let alone flailing the arms. It isnt bad though. That part isnt bad.
0:33; More Wrist Grabbing. Again, Im avoiding complaining about wristlocks. But grabbing the wrist of a knife arm? Ill let others attest that thats a bit optimistic.
0:35; The concept of getting outside of a looping punch is unlikely. To begin with, Your attacker isnt going to be that far away and lumbering in. And fights rarely start of squared up anyway.
0:38; The Block of the Kick is fine and good, but again, it assumes that You somehow see it coming, and that Your opponent is lumbering over.
0:49; If someone is aiming a firearm, They are tensed up, and likely a bit intent. Suddenly springing on them from the side is a good way to cause them to twitch and fire.
0:59; Is even worse than the above. The Gun is literally placed on Your body. It takes nearly 1/3 of a second to turn it away, which is more than it takes to see resistance and retaliate.
1:03; Same as above. It also assumes You see the gunman in advance.

Now, Im not saying they are necessarily bad. This may just be a poor demonstration. They clearly have fitness, speed, coordination, timing, force, and all that. Its just that what Theyre showing off, is not nearly as good as Their foundation.

Theyre overselling themself, Id figure. Especially at the end.
Because I CAN show better Training Methods that dont rely on Your Opponent lumbering into You, You already being aware of the conflict, Your opponents friends not joining in, and being able to grab someones knife wrist, and so on and so forth.

Sorry to be a bit of a downer. :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like it. :)

In the knife disarms, they are done at full (normal) speed and although he is ending up controlling the wrist, he is not immediately grabbing it. He is deflecting and rolling the arm so that his hand finishes on the wrist by default. I train a similar way.

Likewise with the pistol. If someone is going to shoot they will shoot before they are that close, so it is a threat. Because it is not their immediate intent to pull the trigger, you can take advantage of their reaction time to remove the weapon. Reaction time, to visual stimulus, is about 0.2 seconds. It takes less time than that for you to knock the weapon aside and control it because you are acting, not reacting. Even if it were to discharge as you perform the disarm, the deflection of the weapon is enough to ensure you are not in the line of fire.

Catching high kicks is instinctive but there are not many high kicks on the street. If one comes at that height, just say "thank you".

It's an indicement on martial art videos that, when people see normal speed, they think it could be speeded up. :asian:

Kenlee25

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm, the only thing I have to say is that the pistol disarm seems a little complicated. I'll have to compare it to other methods such as krav maga's or systema.

otherwise I say good video, I like it

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmmm, the only thing I have to say is that the pistol disarm seems a little complicated. I'll have to compare it to other methods such as krav maga's or systema.
It's much the same. Twists out of the hand and can break the finger if it's on the trigger. :asian:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like it. :)

In the knife disarms, they are done at full (normal) speed and although he is ending up controlling the wrist, he is not immediately grabbing it. He is deflecting and rolling the arm so that his hand finishes on the wrist by default. I train a similar way.

Likewise with the pistol. If someone is going to shoot they will shoot before they are that close, so it is a threat. Because it is not their immediate intent to pull the trigger, you can take advantage of their reaction time to remove the weapon. Reaction time, to visual stimulus, is about 0.2 seconds. It takes less time than that for you to knock the weapon aside and control it because you are acting, not reacting. Even if it were to discharge as you perform the disarm, the deflection of the weapon is enough to ensure you are not in the line of fire.

Catching high kicks is instinctive but there are not many high kicks on the street. If one comes at that height, just say "thank you".

It's an indicement on martial art videos that, when people see normal speed, they think it could be speeded up. :asian:
To the Bold;
I dont mind getting the Arm, or Forearm. But sliding straight to the Wrist assumes alot of things. It assumes that You are already aware of what kind of Strike is going to come from the Knife, and therefore which Block Youll be using to begin with. They also suffer from lunging-in-from-a-mile-away syndrome. The Disarms arent bad, its just the dependance on thinking They can go for the Wrist under those circumstances without a hassle.

To the Italic;
The Pistol Disarms were fine. Its just the circumstances in which They were done that were a bit questionable.

I direct You back to how He pretty much assaulted a dude who was just walking up with His mate in a parking lot, how all the attacks lumber in from a mile away, to the extent that You could pretty much replace all the defenses with taking one step to the left, and moving straight to the outside of a wide hook; Followed by taking someone down immediately by choking them.

Youve a right to Your opinion, but that doesnt mean Im not going to challenge it for discussion; Of course, Youre welcome to do the same thing back.

otherwise I say good video, I like it

The Disarm itself is fine - Its just some of the stuff after the Disarm thats complicated.

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lol if people think these are fast hands, they need to get out more. Nothing special just the old same old. Same knife and pistol disarms that are garaunteed to get you killed that are all over youtube.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have questions about that pistol disarm, which can be found in many MA systems. If the finger is on the trigger, twisting the gun out of the grip in the direction of the finger break will also put pressure on the trigger, causing the gun to fire. If you have hold of the top slide on a semi automatic weapon when this happens, you're likely to get a pretty nasty pinch and a hot cartridge into the hand unless you really know where to grip. I wouldn't like to try and keep a grip against the recoil either. Does anyone with weapons experience want to comment?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lol if people think these are fast hands, they need to get out more. Nothing special just the old same old. Same knife and pistol disarms that are garaunteed to get you killed that are all over youtube.
If this is as bad as you say, perhaps you could post an example of what you would do. :asian:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have questions about that pistol disarm, which can be found in many MA systems. If the finger is on the trigger, twisting the gun out of the grip in the direction of the finger break will also put pressure on the trigger, causing the gun to fire. If you have hold of the top slide on a semi automatic weapon when this happens, you're likely to get a pretty nasty pinch and a hot cartridge into the hand unless you really know where to grip. I wouldn't like to try and keep a grip against the recoil either. Does anyone with weapons experience want to comment?

It depends.
These types of things are based on the fact that since You havent been shot, this likely isnt attempted murder. Therefore, You may have enough time to twist it before their intent becomes to kill.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watching any disarm(s) on a video are subjective to begin with. They are also difficult to gauge taken out of the context of the complete program in which they are taught. I think any and all of us could post similar vids and they would be appreciated by some and not by others. And that's okay, we all do what we do and I'm sure we all train as best as we can.

As for hand speed. Quick, but average.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

second that...that is not what I would consider fast.

All in all, a respectable demo

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

This guy is a nut, but useful with regard to what you are asking about:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This guy is a nut, but useful with regard to what you are asking about:

Answers my question, thanks. I do wonder whether he is placing his hand quite carefully though. Fair point about doing whatever to avoid getting shot though. I'm not sure about the benefits of letting the opponent chamber another round, though, versus keeping hold and ripping their finger off while pounding them with every limb.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watching any disarm(s) on a video are subjective to begin with. They are also difficult to gauge taken out of the context of the complete program in which they are taught. I think any and all of us could post similar vids and they would be appreciated by some and not by others. And that's okay, we all do what we do and I'm sure we all train as best as we can.

As for hand speed. Quick, but average.
I go to a lot of knife defence sessions to see what other people are teaching. Some of the material is very good, some I don't like. Even then, you tend to pick what works for you.

Train enough and you tend to react,without thinking, in a way that suits the moment rather than a pre-trained response.

In reality, against an attacker, trained to use a knife, you will be lucky to escape with your life. Knife disarms, against single thrust or extended arm slashes, can be quite simple. Make that multiple thrusts and slashes from a retracted position and all of a sudden you have a nightmare situation. Best defence is get away. Same with a gun (although getting away may not be so simple).

In a robbery situation, best to just give over what an attacker wants, but, faced with a kidnap situation that you might encounter in the Middle East, Philippines, South America or parts of Africa, you might just have to take your chances.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Answers my question, thanks. I do wonder whether he is placing his hand quite carefully though. Fair point about doing whatever to avoid getting shot though. I'm not sure about the benefits of letting the opponent chamber another round, though, versus keeping hold and ripping their finger off while pounding them with every limb.

I think the point is the guy's gun is likely non-functional, standard clear is to chamber another round, something that you aren't going to give him.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

If you listened to the naration at the beginning. He is teaches Uechi-Ryu (also called Pangai noon). It is a traditional okinawan karate style that was heavily influenced by the chinese arts. Here is a clip on one of the top masters in the style.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

If you listened to the naration at the beginning. He is teaches Uechi-Ryu (also called Pangai noon). It is a traditional okinawan karate style that was heavily influenced by the chinese arts. Here is a clip on one of the top masters in the style.

I for one, did hear that.
I for one, wasnt influenced by that fact.

Latest Discussions