Is SPAM getting worse?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been hearing from a few people that they are seeing more spam in their email lately. My own email over the last week's running 48% spam, up noticeably since last month.

Anyone else seeing a change? If so, who is your email handled by? ISP? WebHost? Gmail? Yahoo? etc?

Thanks.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I use Gmail and everything is fine here, out of the last 50 emails I've gotten just two are about here MT

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I use gmail. I just went into the place marked "spam" on my e-mail page. There were 260 spam messages since August 1. I don't know if that's more than usual since I don't look at that section often. Seems like a lot, though.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nor me. I have had to junk a Gmail account due to malware, but other than that, my filters are pretty much the same. I do see a slight increase with these Browser games though.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I pretty much just get what I sign up for. I use yahoo for all my email and it's, typically, pretty good about filtering spam out.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i use yahoo with a spam filter and i also use avira anitvirus with filters for all sorts of stuff contained in that package. also at the end of every month avira automatically delete my spam box for me on all my e-addresses :)
Spam_with_cans.jpeg

Latest Discussions