needing help

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2 or 3 days ago I downloaded the IE7 upgrade. Ever since then I can't get into my facebook account, myspace account, or even get into my yahoo email account. I never had this problem until the moment that downloaded.
Today I tried to reset my computer back to monday. The good 'ole pc would not go for that. Said there was an error doing it. There are emails that I need to get to and can't at this point. Is there a way for me to go back to IE6?
The problem is that each time I go to log into any of those pages, I get the home page. Type in my passwords then get the great page can't be displayed. Anyone else run into this problem?
Please help.
thanks,

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In Bob's "Clear the crap out of your PC" thread he mentions a utility that a lot of folks are finding useful...

Give it a try. Someone on another board reported that it fixed their issues with Firefox, it may help yours as well. :asian:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Had the same issue on a machine of a customer of mine.
IE7 seems to have some weird issues with secured sites on some machines.

Even resetting IE7 to factory default did not work so i ended up installing firefox.
Worked like a charm ;)

IE sucks anyhow imho so firefox would be the better option :D

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah Firefox is the best way to go. Sometimes it is hard to pull away from IE especially when you have used it for so long but trust, once you force yourself to do it it wont take long before you are happy that you did it.

Latest Discussions