Is kicking air without a target bad for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Scotland has had a travel ban for a while, no travel to or from Scotland. No travel around Scotland either. He faces a fine if he's travelled from there and he's an idiot for doing it. My son in law's parents live in Scotland, they can't leave to visit him and my daughter.
if by a while you mean 4 days ? then yes, but thats after the universities broke up for xmass, and there is an extremly long list of exemptions including school and education purposes, which may or may not cover the op, no one knows, as no one knows if the scotish parliment has the power to do that at all, ir how they intend to enforce it short of recommisibg hadrians wall

most legal folk,think not, but time will tell if when there are contested court cases

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scotland has had a travel ban for a while, no travel to or from Scotland. No travel around Scotland either. He faces a fine if he's travelled from there and he's an idiot for doing it. My son in law's parents live in Scotland, they can't leave to visit him and my daughter.
He also stated when asked about if he has started to wear a mask
. So I doubt that he's concerned about the travel ban, or quarantining himself.

Just checked, and this was his initial reasoning for it:
Sounds like you're paranoid. Especially if you expect people to wear mask outside. I am a "no mask" myself - I will avoid wearing one if I don't absolutely have to. Why? Because I want to - I find it weird doing **** someone tells me to do on TV because of a disease that has affected no one I know, or their relatives etc.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He also stated when asked about if he has started to wear a mask . So I doubt that he's concerned about the travel ban, or quarantining himself.

there a question of how many peopke are wearing masks as they are afraid of the disease and how many coz there afraid of the govenment , the second seems to make up a fairly high % judging by the number of peopke who remove them in social situations as soon as they fall outside the strict letter of the law and that there was a need for a law in the first place.

he didnt say he wont wear a mask, he said that he wont wear one unless he has to, which i take to mean when he is required by law.

that is largly most of the country, there are more people wanderibg round complely empty places wearing a mask than there once was, but they still seem to be a minority and odd looking anyway,

its much the same as the rule of 6, that is no more than 6 people who are known to each other in one out door space, there are however lots of groups of 5 hanging around and another group of 3/ 4 or five a short disstance away, no one knowes if this is breaking the law or not, or even if sitting in the same space as 6 people you dont particulaly know is an issue.

the rules are by and large an ildivind mess

i currenly have no clear idea if going to my sisters for chrismas day is allowed or not, im far from alone in not knowing exaxtly what three households and suport bubble means, am i in a supprt bubble or not, how does one tell if your bubbled?

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
there a question of how many peopke are wearing masks as they are afraid of the disease and how many coz there afraid of the govenment , the second seems to make up a fairly high % judging by the number of peopke who remove them in social situations as soon as they fall outside the strict letter of the law and that there was a need for a law in the first place.

he didnt say he wont wear a mask, he said that he wont wear one unless he has to, which i take to mean when he is required by law.

that is largly most of the country, there are more people wanderibg round complely empty places wearing a mask than there once was, but they still seem to be a minority and odd looking anyway,

its much the same as the rule of 6, that is no more than 6 people who are known to each other in one out door space, there are however lots of groups of 5 hanging around and another group of 3/ 4 or five a short disstance away, no one knowes if this is breaking the law or not, or even if sitting in the same space as 6 people you dont particulaly know is an issue.

the rules are by and large an ildivind mess

i currenly have no clear idea if going to my sisters for chrismas day is allowed or not, im far from alone in not knowing exaxtly what three households and suport bubble means, am i in a supprt bubble or not, how does one tell if your bubbled?
As we've had enough discussion about COVID, I wasn't posting this to debate the efficacy of masks, or the other COVID rules. I also don't really know the rules in UK besides seeing a headline indicating that they got stricter again recently, so can't help you with that part. Just clarifying that he likely isn't concerned about the travel ban/quarantine, as he does not wear a mask, and his logic is that it's weird (and later in that thread said it's against his freedom I believe) to do something someone on TV tells him to because of the disease-which if he's consistent would mean he isn't listening to the other options as well (unless money is a bigger concern, and both of those things come with fines like Tez said).

As for
That was his initial reasoning, however when asked on 12/15 (more recent than the other quote) if he wears a mask, he said never.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also stated when asked about if he has started to wear a mask . So I doubt that he's concerned about the travel ban, or quarantining himself.

He's an irresponsible idiot.

I do wish people would get over themselves, they think they are so fecking important and it's all about them.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As we've had enough discussion about COVID, I wasn't posting this to debate the efficacy of masks, or the other COVID rules. I also don't really know the rules in UK besides seeing a headline indicating that they got stricter again recently, so can't help you with that part. Just clarifying that he likely isn't concerned about the travel ban/quarantine, as he does not wear a mask, and his logic is that it's weird (and later in that thread said it's against his freedom I believe) to do something someone on TV tells him to because of the disease-which if he's consistent would mean he isn't listening to the other options as well (unless money is a bigger concern, and both of those things come with fines like Tez said).

As for That was his initial reasoning, however when asked on 12/15 (more recent than the other quote) if he wears a mask, he said never.
you seem to be launching a charector attack on him, you dont know what the laws are in the uk, but you think he has breached them ?
the travel ban wouldnt have effected him, as first it was after the univesities broke up and second as a student he iis excempt for the purpose of traveling from his home to a place of study OR BACK obviously,

if his mask wearing complies eith the law is , i admit unclear, but as you dont kbow what the law is you have less idea than me and i have none

but i think its wrong to assume it doesnt and accuse him of illegal activities based on some light hearted and far from clear comments, he is of course in both our juristicions inocent till proof is provided to the contary

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you seem to be launching a charector attack on him, you dont know what the laws are in the uk, but you think he has breached them ?
the travel ban wouldnt have effected him, as first it was after the univesities broke up and second as a student he iis excempt for the purpose of traveling from his home to a place of study OR BACK obviously,

if his mask wearing complies eith the law is , i admit unclear, but i think its wrobg to assume it doesnt based on some light hearted and far from clear comments, he is of course in both juristicions inocent till proof is provided to the contary
No character attack, just clarification.

And I didn't say anywhere that he breached laws, just that he's not concerned about them.

His comment was very clear, he was asked does he wear a mask, he said never. I don't know how much clearer you can get.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No character attack, just clarification.

And I didn't say anywhere that he breached laws, just that he's not concerned about them.

His comment was very clear, he was asked does he wear a mask, he said never. I don't know how much clearer you can get.
well wouldnt you have to assertain if he ever went anywhere that required a mask by law, and its clearly a light hearted response that may or may not reflect the actual situation, if he got the train home, he wore a mask, you cant get on them otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions