Introduce Yourselves

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean

An image tells more then 1000 words...

scinlogog3w6mt.gif

( fyi ; it's not a company , just a name that i made up for my work ;) )

Where are you from

Europe :)
or to be a bit exact ; The Netherlands :D

What discipline are you training in

Bujinkan budo taijutsu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts

Very much into computers, internet and car photography :)

Add whatever else you would like

Dunno , but feel free to ask! :D

Age, rank Serial number *G*

28 / somewhere in the kyu ranks / 18..... :D

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
What Does Your Name Mean
Steel Tiger is a variant of White Tiger (white in the Chinese elemental system is related to metal) which is the name my teacher gave me when I passed the test Adept level (second highest in our grading system).

Where Are You From
I live in Canberra in Australia.

What DisciplineAre You Training In
Baguazhang

What Do You Like To Do Other Than Martial Arts
Read, Study history, philosophy and religion, Role-playing games

Age, Rank, etc
I turned 40 in February and I am technically a master in my art, though I would not say I have mastered it.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
Skip : a family nickname
Cooper: of Irish Origin - barrell maker

Where are you from-
La Porte, TX...a suburb of Houston

What discipline are you training in-
Currently training in hapkido, have also trained in aikijujutsu, mjer iaido, and shotokan karate.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
I like to read, watch the History Channel and spend time with my family.

I am 31 y/o and I have been married for 11 years. I have four children, two boys and two girls. I work as a building engineer in Houston, TX.

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Where are you from

Europe :)
or to be a bit exact ; The Netherlands :D

Another person from the Netherlands! :p

What's your name mean ChingChuan Chiu is my Chinese name and I have been told that it means something like 'beautiful girl to respect' or something.

Where are you from The Netherlands!

What discipline are you training in Pencak Silat Setia Hati

What you like to do other than Martial Arts Reading, writing and at the moment I can't think of more. Oh, I also like to 'talk' on forums.

Add whatever else you would like ~!

I am 16 and unfortunately I don't know which rank I am in.

Noah_Legel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
Well, my screen name basically means that one should never be a reflection of another--you should always be yourself

Where are you from-
Central Illinois

Okinawan Shuri-Ryu Karate-Do, Kobudo, Judo, and Iai-jitsu (starting monday)

I read sci-fi and fantasy novels and spend time with my girlfriend, but my life mostly consists of work, martial arts, and my girlfriend, so I don't have much time for anything else.

19, Green Belt (Go-Kyu), and I am serial numberless :p

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
qi meaning breath, spirit, energy in Chinese, and i've felt an affinity with cheetahs since i was a wee tacker, so that's where that comes in. Interestingly enough, qitah in arabic also means cat...

Where are you from-
Castlemaine, Central Victoria, Australia

Ba gua zhang is the main one, with side orders of xing yi quan and taijiquan

Painting, drawing and photography are my main artistic pursuits, although i've been quite interested to get into filmmaking lately. Also cycling, riding my motorbike, hiking, snowboarding, rockclimbing, reading crime novels and scouting out new and interesting music. (not all at once tho) Oh, and posting on MT! :)

Age, rank Serial number *G* -
36 and 1st Dan ba gua (much less impressive than it sounds). Don't have a serial number, someone must have filed mine off!

slideyfoot

White Belt
Reaction score
Where are you from: Hmm. Well, I was born in Belgium, my mother's German, my father's Turkish and I've lived in England since I was three months old. So take your pick. ;)

What discipline are you training in: BJJ, since Nov 06, having done a bunch of other stuff before.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts: I'm doing a part-time PhD in English Lit, so poetry takes up a fair bit of my time. Aside from that, I enjoy history, music, art and travel (which is probably my biggest expense over the years, although the BJJ isn't exactly cheap :p).

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - it's medieval German for Longsword, my weapon of choice.

Where are you from- I was born in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada, currently living in Calgary, Alberta.

What discipline are you training in- Kunst des Fechtens, the martial art of medieval Germany. It includes many disciplines, such as longsword, dolchfechten (dagger fighting), Ringen (wrestling/grappling), Messer (long knife) and others. I also study Italian Rapier.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Music (jazz), reading, chess, pen & paper rpgs, reading history and fiction, being a cautionary example to others. ;)

Age, rank Serial number 34, Initiate in Longsword, Serial Numer 1001001SOS

Best regards,

-Mark

Sambone

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What does your name mean?
Well, my name was given as a nickname by a close friend. Since my first name is Samantha and I go by Sam; a cartoon he use to watch had a dog on it named Sambone so it kinda stuck.:uhyeah:

Where are you from?
I am from a fairly small town in Wyoming.:uhyeah:

What discipline do you study?
This is kind of a hard question. I practice a few different ones. Some more than others though. Tae Kwon Do is my primary focus and probably always will be. I am also learning Hapkido and am a few belts from Black in that one as well. I study Judo occasionally, mainly cause there are no hapkido tournaments around here. And I study a bit of Jujitsu and boxing as well. My art is call Kyuki-do which tends to incorporate a lot of these arts all together.

What do you like to do other than Martial Arts?
You name it and, well depending on how risky, life threatening or not, I'll try it. I like a good adrenaline rush but I also like to be carefull. I love to write, go outdoors, horseback ride, bike, hang out and have a good time.

Age, Rank, etc.
I am 23 years old, close to getting my bachelor's degree in communications, I hope to one day become a master in the Kyuki-do federation and run my own school.

MingTheMerciless

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean -
Well , one part of my name have Ming in it . And Ming The MErciless is an Asian looking Villian from Flash Gordon .

Where are you from-

I am born in Hong Kong , move to Malaysia and then to Singapore ( I have always wanted to get out of this country , now I owe nothing to this country as I am done serving RSAF ) and I am currently in Toronto ( i am glad to be here ) and planning to stay here permanantly .

What discipline are you training in- Train Wing Chun ( By my Father , he is taught by Yip Man ) and Silat from 6 to 12 years old . Did Kendo and gave up on it . Currently doing BJJ , JKD/Kali Concept , Boxing ( studying them at TKMT http://www.tkmt.ca/index.html ) and Historical European Medieval Martial Art ( studying dagger grappling , longsword and poleaxe http://www.aemma.org/ )

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Horseback Archery ( Mostly on foot with Mongol bow , there is not enough horses ) , Movies , Health and Fitness , Music , Bodybuilding and good old napping

Add whatever else you would like

Want to do Skiing and Kayaking ad also integrate capoeira sometime later into my fighting system .

Age, rank Serial number
19 , serve in the RSAF ,currently in college and pursuing diploma in forensic and chemical laboratory, no Rank ( I dislike belt colour and beside my martial system disapprove with ranking , well , only got black belt in BJJ and only a recruit in HEMMA )

rock_chick1991

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey i'm Becca

I study the karate style of goju ryu and i have been now for 6 years, i also train in judo as well which i have achieved black belt so am now a part time instructor. Goju ryu is my main martial art as i am curently training 24/7 as my black belt grading is coming up in 2 weeks, i have learnt a lot of kata i think to **** about 15 different kata. I live in Southampton and i just want people to talk to about karate that understand what i am talking about, as i am nervous about my grading nobody understands how afraid i am.

HokieRider

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - I'm a Hokie and I ride a bike. Thus Hokie Rider. The hubby is a Hokie also so.....

Where are you from- Originally from Pittsburgh, now living in Northern VA

What discipline are you training in- Muay Thai

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Riding my bike, running, playing with my dog, and winter camping.

I'm a regular gal from Pittsburgh. Crazy about the Steelers, Pens, and Buccos (even though they're horrible). I love working out in all manners and have recently gotten into Muay Thai. Loving it so far.

Nice to meet ya!

wrc619

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My screen name is just my initials with the area code of my favorite city(The BIG SD).
I am originally from West Virginia, but have traveled all of my adult life so i consider myself to be from a little bit of everywhere, and right now I am in Guam.
My discipline is Universal Kempo Karate.
My other hobbies are spearfishing, running, and working out.
Rank, well I am a purple belt, and for you veterans, at work I am a PO2.

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well it's been a long time, but I figured I should reintroduce myself. My name is John Brewer and I study American Kenpo in California. Look forward to your posts.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Well, my user name springs from the Sting song 'I Hung My Head' where he sings about the lone rider crossing the plain. Being a solitary sort, I figured it was appropriate.

Where are you from- Orlando, FL

What discipline are you training in- Wing Chun presently, but considering taking up MMA on an amateur basis in a few years.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Running, swimming, writing, rugby, surfing, reading literature and philosophy, playing with my dog, shooting firearms, being an internet geek, and watch movies.

Tomu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello.
My screen name is just the japanese version of Tom, my real name.

I recently started studying jujitsu.

I am one semester away from a B.A. in Philosophy, but I am an electrician by trade. I should have listened to my guidance counselor.:shrug:

Besides MA I enjoy spending time with my wife and 3 daughters.
I also spend alot of time outdoors(Hunting/fishing).

I currently reside in the armpit of the known universe, Danville-IL, but I am originally from southeastern IL. I have lived all over the globe while I was in the Army- Missouri, Georgia, Egypt, Somalia etc...

Age-34
Rank-white belt
Serial #- I wish I didn't have one.:wink1:

Latest Discussions