Where are you from-

What discipline are you training in-

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-

Add whatever else you would like ~!

Age, rank Serial number *G*

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean --- :confused: Well, "Robyn" means 'shining fame' although my middle name means 'battle maiden' and that might be more appropriate. If you're asking what my user name means then it's at the very beginning of this thread. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6238

Where are you from--- Louisiana. That's all I'll say. I don't want to be stalked!
help.gif

What discipline are you training in--- A Yoshikan/Aikikai mix style of Aikido

What you like to do other than Martial Arts--- spend time thinking about Martial Arts and looking on Martial Talk, play video games, read, play with my kittens, exercise, watch anime
tv.gif
,etc.

Add whatever else you would like--- I would like a medium pepperoni pizza, please!
essen.gif
Some Rocky Road sounds pretty good to me too!
essen2.gif
Hmm...I own 2 pug dogs, 4 cats, and many fish.

Age, rank Serial number--- I'm 21, Aikido rank-4th kyu and I don't know my own serial number. ;)

Robyn
wink2.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An arnisador is a practitioner of arnis. When I signed on, early on, it seemed a good way to indicate what art I study. Of course, now we have a bunch of arnisadors and eskrimadors here!

I am from upstate NY but work and live in Nowhere, Indiana, where I'm a college math. professor. I'm pushing hard on 40 years (next month) but don't look a day over 39.

I teach Modern Arnis and study JKD and BJJ. Between family, work, and martial arts--including MartialTalk!--I haven't time for much else. When time permits I like to walk in the woods behind the house, read, and my wife and I enjoy the theatre.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Name?

Hi- my name is Shodan on here, Tara in life. Shodan is just the name I picked cuz it is also my rank (1st degree black belt). My given name, Tara, means "Tower". My parents chose it from the movie Gone With the Wind- the plantation was named Tara. I am also part Irish and there is a hill in Ireland where the Kings used to get crowned named Tara.

Where am I from?

I was born and raised in Northern California- a little town called Red Bluff. I now live down south of there near Sacramento. I wish I could move back up north again- it is too crazy, populated and polluted down here for my liking!!

What discipline are you training in?

Well, in life, I am training in self-discipline!! Just trying to be the best person I can. I am a Christian who tries to walk the walk. In martial arts, I train in Kenpo. I have been studying Kenpo since I was 13 (am now 30) and still love it a lot. I am displaced from my studio somewhat, but still make the effort to train on my own as well as go to my home studio once per month. I also have studied and enjoy practicing Modern Arnis.

What do I like to do other than Martial Arts?

My favorite place to be is at the ocean. I love to beachcomb, look in tidepools, boogie board. I don't get there as much as I like, but when I am there, I am in my element!! Otherwise, I enjoy spending time with my hubby and our 19 month old son and other family members (my Mom, Dad, older brother). Playing with our 2 cats and dog, camping, swimming, kayaking, hiking, snow skiing, pretty much anything in the great outdoors.

Add whatever else you would like?

Uh.....well......it's been great being on this site so far and seeing how many others there are out there that enjoy Kenpo and so many other arts as well. Thanks for the opportunity to share!!

:asian: :karate:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess

What's your name mean -

My real name or Satan's Barber? Actually, I wonder what my name /does/ mean...!

From Google:

The meaning of Ian
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Gift from God.

Ugh! I'm a complete heathen, so that's actually quite annoying!

What does Satan's Barber mean? Well! Lots of people ask me that actually. That's an on-line handle, and I've held it for a long long time now. It's nothing to do with religion WHATSOEVER, although it has offended a lot of religiously biased people in the past, whoch I find slightly ammusing as I find religion so ridiculous.

The name is based on the character of Sweeny Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, from the musical 'Sweeny Todd' by Stephen Sondheim. I own the URL satansbarber.co.uk (although I also bought ianatkinson.net so I could put a sane e-mail address on my CV).

Where are you from-

Garforth, which is in East Leeds, in West Yorkshire, in the North of England

http://www.specialtytoursltd.com/images/yorkshire.jpg

Kempo Ryu Karate Kickboxing, a derrivative of Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

There's a life outside the Martial Arts!? ;)

I like going down the pub, although I don't drink excessively, and while I'm there I tend to talk about MA. Then we talk about MA on the way home, and often pracice techniques a bit drunk late at night. Hmm, that doesn't count then does it...!

I do all sorts to do with computers - games, programming, media etc.

I spend a great deal of time in the cinema, usually soaking up Sci-Fi when I can get my hands on it. If I'm not in there, I might be watching telly at home :)

Oh, I play guitar too.

I've never seen single gloucester cheese for sale.

21, 1st Kyu Brown Belt (though maybe not for long...) and, um, I can't find my serial number!

Ian.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean - TECHNOPUNK - Technological Rebel/Rebelion

Where are you from- Chicago

What discipline are you training in- Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Japanese Rope Bondage (dont ask), Writing Mods for Neverwinter Nights, My Motorcycle, building and messing with tech. Current Project: Im Building a HTPC (Home Theater)

I cant think of anything right now.

Age, rank Serial number: Old, 8th Kyu, I dont eat much Cereal.

T

TheRustyOne

Hm, name meaning...
In real-life, my full name is Abigail Leigh Coates, but I prefer Abbey. So far as I know, Abigail means "father of joy," even though I'm a girl. Hm. Leigh, I don't know. Coates is just one of those run-of-the-mill English names that can lead to a lot of teasing.
...and if anyone is hoping to nail me with and Abbey Normal, Technopunk beat you all! :p

Online, I'm frequently known as Rusty. This is NOT from my hair color, though it is red/brown/blonde/black (blonde and black streaks that need to be re-done). It's actually from my favorite bird of prey, the red-tailed hawk, which has rust-colored feathers. When I got started in '98, I was rust_feather, but the online RPG-ers got sick of the underscore and dubbed me Rusty.
I also run around as Zephyr and/or Keiko. I answer to any of the names.

Where am I from. Good question! Originally, I'm from Elkton, Maryland, in the US. It's easy to find. On a map of Maryland, plop yer finger down on the corner closest to Delaware. Just off the line for I-95, you should see Elkton. I'm, like, 5 minutes from the state line. My secondary home is here at school. When at college, I reside in the dorm halls of Shepherd College, in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Third home is my mom's place in Wilmington, Delaware. My dad is the one who lives in Elkton. Fourth "home" is my ex-boyfriend's house in Herndon, Virginia.

Discipline? Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

Other than Martial Arts, I enjoy writing creatively, hanging out with friends, listening to music, chilling, etc. Being a lazy bum, in other words. lol.

Anything else. Hm. Whoever I end up living with better like birds! LOL. I love them. Guinea Pigs, too. My family used to breed the lil squealers. Other things...hm, when poked, I squeak -- really high-pitched. I can do an almost perfect seagull call (good story from Boston involving that! :p) I'm also decent with the guinea pig squeak, and sheep/goat noises. I'm an oddball :shrug:
I'm a colorgaurd girl. It's kinda like playing with a weighted bo staff that has a hunk of fabric on one end and is tossable. :-D I love colorgaurd and marching band, in general.
I have studied Kenpo before, however, it was a mix of EPAK, Tracy, and Chinese. It was at a school in Delaware, run by Jim and Judy Clapp. That was from '92-'96, and I achieved the lowest rank in the brown series (third for that school).
I'm also currently single *grin*

Serial Number: sorry, I can't see the back of my neck that well :rolleyes:

Incase anyone wants to see a picture of me (well, one from fall 2001, my senior year in hs) go here:
http://www.geocities.com/rust_feather/author.html
(its been called the "goddess" pic cuz of the pattern behind my head makes me look "holy" according to a few peeps back in school)

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Meaning of my name: My birthplace....out in the middle of the Pacific on a tiny island.

Where I'm from: Currently in SoCal(Southern California) just in case some are not familiar with the term.

My discipline: Kempo

My rank: Currently a Ni-dan

Other than MA: I like to hang with my family and friends. Enjoy movies, sports, vacationing in nice warm environments(probably cause of where I came from:cool: ).

Food: Anything Asian or Pacific Rim:D

K

Kroy

Kroy is just short for Kenny Roy
I'm 37
Train in EPAK
I'm a bar manager in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia
part time instructor
Besides MA, golf, hockey, rock climbing, curling, off roading, an avid reader and I love to eat! (not celery)

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
name meaning: Janice: Hebrew Form of JANE. god is gracious...i was named after Jane my mothers' mom, and Susan: French Lily. Variant of Hebrew Susannah. In the apocryphal Book of Tobit Susannah courageously defended herself against wrongful accusation. White lilies grew in the Biblical city of Susa in Persia....this came from my fathers' mother Sue

Where am I from: that's a good question, born in Colorado, but i haven't lived in a place for more than 5 years, which happens to be in West Virginia...army brat :D

My discipline: Ed Parker's American Kenpo

Like to do outside of MA: well i like to hang out with friends, motorcycle ride, sometimes fishing, love to go camping, sometimes hunting, love to read, sometimes like to work on the car, this is what i'd like to do most of the time it's work or school and then off to karate class :)

Age: 21 last i checked i didn't think i had a serial number

K

Kroy

Oh and the meaning of my name:

Ken=handsome
Roy=king

Handsome King, yeah, I like it.:D

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My screen name is from our new web site that we recently launched! My real name means "free man".
At our school we teach kenpo, modern arnis, aikido, and okinawan weapons.
We also promote seminars and do town programs working with the community.
while family comes first, martial arts takes up the rest of the time!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the martial arts, weight lifting, anything cardiovascular I can get my hands on.

What's your name mean -
Jason - Greek for healer. Mythological: hero who led the argonauts in search of hte golden fleece.

Besides a very hugely popular name.:p

Where are you from-
Between the cornfields in central ohio.

Kenpo, baby. ;)

Chess and weight lifting, and training.

Not much to talk about 'ya all probably seen my picture enough.

2nd Black

Serial number
I'm afraid if I give out my S.S.# on here that Castillo will take over my identity.:rofl:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's your name mean - MACaver = Martial Arts Caver. Means basically that I'm into MA and caving.
My real name? Ralph. All studies of the origins show that it means "Successful Spearman" my last name reveals itself to be "Young Wolf Counselor" ...get the bunny! get the bunny! git 'em boy! arrroooo!

Where are you from- Eh, umm, geez that's a tough one to answer, particularly at this point in time. Right now I live in Salt Lake City.

What discipline are you training in- JKD is the only name I can put to my own MA. I've never had any formal (long term) schooling with any art... but spent various amounts of time with various instructors and high-ranking students so that the knowledge is there. The disicpline comes from me...within. Does this surprise you? :asian:

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Caving, hiking, backpacking and babysitting CeiCei's kids, they're great. ;) at CC.

Add whatever else you would like ~! This is a great discussion group. (did that win me any points??)

Age, 42,
rank, non
Serial number (grins right along with KenpoTess)

TheEdge883

Green Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - The Edge, one of my all time favorite movies. It is also one of my favorite WWF (I'll never call it by it's other name), and is also the beginning of the name of my favorite Savatage album "Edge Of Thorns"

Where are you from- Utah, unfortunately

What discipline are you training in- American Kenpo currently, but have extensive experience in Shotokan, Tae Kwon Do, Moo Lim Do, and a bit of chinese kenpo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Not much, I'm an internet geek and am on here way too much, but I am also a movie freak.

Add whatever else you would like ~! Don't have anything really interesting.

Age, rank Serial number *G* 26 y/o, yellow belt (orange belt soon) in American Kenpo, purple belt in Chinese Kenpo, first black in Moo Lim Do, second black in Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan.

A

Abbax8

What's your name mean?
Abba means daddy in either latin or aramaic, I'm not sure which. My wife and I have 8 kids so x8.

Where do I live
Duncansville, PA. It's near Altoona, PA.

Art- Judo

Other interests- Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts, singing and doing community stage plays, woodworking.

Peace
Dennis

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Introduce Yourselves

Hi I'm Tess, I'm addicted to Martial Talk..
I renounce the 12 step program and will continue to post :)

I like to play in every aspect of my life, I try to keep the innocence of childhood alive, from finding a fossil to blowing dandelions in the neighbors yard *G*
Life is much to short to lose the fun :)

What's your name mean -

I was christened Therese (Tah-reese)
which means 'Harvester' I was called Tessie by my family up til the time I 'grew up and since I have now denounced adulthood for childhood.. I've been Tess again :)

Where are you from-

I grew up in Western NY state 90 miles south of Buffalo and Rochester on the PA line, lived all over the states from NE, Tx, OK, Florida, to WV..
I really love where I am now..in the Eastern Panhandle of Wicked Wild West by Gawd Virginia.. as it has the best of all.. Mountains, valleys, gorgeous rivers, Rocks everywhere, Stone walls, stone houses.. caves, waterfalls, covered bridges.. and the historical aura is amazing..

Ed Parker's American Kenpo

I started out in a Tracy offshoot *Ken Jiu Ryu* Kenpo.. and have been transitioning to EPAK the last year.

Role playing~!! games or Text.. Love it~!
Play Morrowind, Tribunal expansion, Diablo II, course now I'm hooked on Kaith's new game *G*

Read.. Sword & Sorcery, Fantasy, Vampyres, ( Laurell Hamilton) et other authors.. Forensic Mystery novels, Jeffery Deaver's works and more.
Can't tolerate Romance drivel~!!

My artwork.. sculptures, CGI stuff with Bryce, Poser, and other graphic programs .. Photography..

Waffle around flea markets and junk shops ..
Watch Movies.. Action, Mystery, Adventure, Definitely NO to Chic flicks

Hang out with the 'inner circle' go to dinner and just play :)

I have a good time on this board and meeting new people.. I try to keep things fresh and alive.. and it's all in good spirits of togetherness.. :)

Ageless.. Rank.. 1st Black.. Serial Number.. Classified :)

A

atigernamedkoolaid

atigernamedkoolaid-
very unique name that was combined with a couple of nicknames that I have been called at my school...I am a tiger to spar against so I have been told and the koolaid part...well to begin you have to picture the big red Koolaid dude that does the Koolaid drink commercials on tv...he is always crashing through things...like walls...and so do I...:D

I am from West Virginia and I train with KenpoTess at Mountaineer Martial Arts.

I love Kenpo, hockey, most types of music, video games...all types of things...

I am 22 years old...Brown Belt and my serial number is "J":D

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heheee Hiya Jen~!!!
I'm gonna move this into the 'Introduce yourself' thread.. *G* Just because you're new ... *winks*

You open a thread.. click on reply to post.. and then click submit :)

Great to have you aboard~!!!
*pokes*

Me