Introduce Yourselves

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just saw this thread

Mauthos is from a character I used to play in WoW, yes I know...

I am from Bristol UK now living in Weston-Super-Mare after returning from a 3 year working stint in Toulouse, France.

The discipline I teach is Kenpo and I also still train in Kick Boxing, Tang Soo Do and Jujitsu.

Other than martial arts I enjoy reading, writing, playing video games, spending time with my family, keeping fit and generally working to live, not living to work.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - David means beloved and Wayne means Wagon maker. so blessing or a curse. you choose lol

Where are you from-Southaven, Mississippi

What discipline are you training in-Boxing (not for anything but for fitness purposes.) Soon to be training in Aikido...

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- I sing karaoke, play ps3, walk my dog, see movies, travel, (what the hell else is there do to in a small town.), oh I also play bass guitar.

Add whatever else you would like ~!

When you live in a small town you're pretty much cut off from everything good. Thank God Memphis is just around the corner but I will still have to go a little bit out of my way to train in any martial art that peaks my interest. But I'm not bothered by that. I guess my eventual solution is to move close to where I train so that problem is solved but then I won't be close to family so there's always a problem.

I'd also add that I love all martial arts. I'd cross train in all of them if I was able too.

Age, rank Serial number *G*

I'm 33 until Nov 13 and I'll be 34. mentally I'm a black belt. Rank wise I'm a white belt. Except Shotokan I'm a yellow even though I'm not a fan of their style. Hence why I do not train.​

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My name'd be Ally, nickname version of my real name, "Mallt", Welsh for the German "Maud", meaning "Mighty in Battle".

Spent the first half of my life (and elementary school) in Astana, Kazakhstan with the mum's side of the family. Moved to Wrexham to stay with the dad's side of the family just before secondary school rolled in, and I've been based in the UK ever since.

Currently focusing on the Keysi Fighting Method under the general program. It's been about two and a half years now. Prior to this I've 2 previous years of JKD.

Other than martial arts, I like following the local football and rugby scenes, and I'm a bit of an aspiring polyglot. Besides Kazakh, Welsh and English, I'm fluent in Spanish, French and Portuguese, and currently immersing myself in German, Dutch and Luxembourgish.:)

Dngineering student from Glyndwyr. I push for sustainable development, green industry and renewable energy in the United Kingdom, Europe and across the globe today. *not a militant tree-hugging hippy.

22, female, KFM Advance-level student. Eligible for Elite-level module by the end of spring 2015.

Last edited:

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shai Hulud may I ask why you chose that nick? I recognice it from Frank Herbert`s books of course.

shai_hulud_by_draxmusthurt-d771fn7.jpg

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
im cgoing to introduce ny self too :)
my name is donald lehrmann
currently going to college and it just happen to be only 40 minutes from my dojo :)
most of my freinds call me don... except ny friend jackson he always calls me the don (never figured out why...:confused:)
goju/kobudo practicioner - personally anything with sword swinging or weapon sparring sounds AMAZING or atleast in my opinion it does:cool:

lyn

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -- My name is what my family and friends call me

Where are you from--Massachusetts

What discipline are you training in--restudying kenpo (started in Nick Cerio kenpo, finished with kenshoryu), doing heavy bag work in boxing drills, getting into Brazilian jiu-jitsu without a partner or school (not easy! :D ).

What you like to do other than Martial Arts--read and write fantasies, explore, study, play with my cat

63, female, was a brown belt in kenpo, working my way back through the ranks
started in kenpo while in the Air Force. There was a school outside the base in North Highlands, CA, run by Sensei Dave Kovar.

Doreen Covelli

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi. A newbie here. I'm thinking of enrolling my daughter to martial arts. What do you think?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. A newbie here. I'm thinking of enrolling my daughter to martial arts. What do you think?
HI Doreen! If you create a separate thread in the "General Martial Arts" sub-forum you'll probably have a lot more people see your question and potentially offers responses.

Kevin__Huang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was actually used this app in 2 years ago.
But anyway I'll introduce myself anyway..
As you can see my name Is Kevin.

I used to be a kyokushin practitioner and I got yellow belt (a beginner). But now I'm practicing muay thai a month ago (still a beginner)

I don't really remember how I used this app, and I'm not sure this is the right place to introduce yourself..
Oh well..
God bless you all

Sent from my D2305 using Tapatalk

Shawchert

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
Well um, not really sure since i actually made it up 18 years ago!! It's just who I am on the internet now!!

Where are you from- I live in upstate NY. Closer to Niagra Falls than NYC ;)

What discipline are you training in- ITF Taekwondo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Photography, gardening, video games, trail walks, and so much more

34, 5th Gup (blue stripe)

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean - Little king, or bright. So I'm a smart little king?

Where are you from- UK

What discipline are you training in- Currently, Bujinkan ninjutsu, for a short period of time so far, but I'm enjoying it. I've also trained in Kong Soo Do until I was black belt gold tag.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- I like to play drums, and like learning things a lot.

Not sure what to say here.

Age, rank Serial number *G* SERIAL NUMBER? I HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER? WHAT AM I? A PRODUCT?

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score

What's your name mean - Little king, or bright. So I'm a smart little king?

Where are you from- UK

What discipline are you training in- Currently, Bujinkan ninjutsu, for a short period of time so far, but I'm enjoying it. I've also trained in Kong Soo Do until I was black belt gold tag.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- I like to play drums, and like learning things a lot.

Not sure what to say here.

rank- Mukyu, no kyu or no belt.
Serial number *G* SERIAL NUMBER? I HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER? WHAT AM I? A PRODUCT?

Claire3kr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

What's your name mean - My middle name and the first 2 letters of my last name

Where are you from- U.S. of A.

What discipline are you training in- not really any discipline, just recreational kickboxing plus military-style combatives.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- run, work out, gymnastics (retired), cheerleading (also retired), eat

Add whatever else you would like ~ I'm pretty shy so being out on a site like this is very new for me. My friend introduced me to this actually.

Age, rank Serial number: 19, hopefully Lieutenant in the Air Force one day!

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - I dunno XD

Where are you from- I'm from Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany

What discipline are you training in - Taekwondo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Read, chat on this site, and excersize

Add whatever else you would like - Nothing XD

Age - 20 yrs old
Rank - Yellow belt

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

What's your name mean -
It's my name.
Where are you from-
Lots of different places. Currently, Metro Detroit area.
What discipline are you training in-
Isshinryu Karate
What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
Design and build vacuum tube amplifiers (stereo, not guitar), collect vinyl records, restore and ride old motorcycles and scooters and cars. Flower gardening. B&W film photography. Vintage cameras. Intimidate insolent upstarts.
I would like to be healthy again. Currently I'm pretty busted up.
62, San Dan. Former USMC, Sgt, 1979-1985.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Matrtin, I'm from Florida. I am 25 years old and have been boxing for 4 years. I train 2-3 times a week
Welcome to MT, bro. :)

Latest Discussions