Independent Instructor looking for someone to test me for 3rd Dan

dcsma

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a independent school instructor in Tae Kwon Do in the Cincinnati Ohio area looking to get tested for 3rd Dan. I came from a Chung Do Kwan school and I'm currently a 2nd Dan. So if anyone can help I would much appreciate it.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a independent school instructor in Tae Kwon Do in the Cincinnati Ohio area looking to get tested for 3rd Dan. I came from a Chung Do Kwan school and I'm currently a 2nd Dan. So if anyone can help I would much appreciate it.

Master Cole may be able to help you. Maybe he will post here.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

What patterns do yo practice? I have met people who say they are from a CDK school when they were doing patterns from another system but had a CDK lineage? What do you know of your lineage?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
You might want to consider looking not for someone who will test you so much as for an instructor under whom you can study and who will help your development in Taekwon-Do. While it's not unheard of for people to test others who have no instructor-student relationship with them or who are not even in the same organzation as they are I would personally avoid anyone who did so.

Pax,

Chris

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You were asking this back in February. Didn't any of the offered assistance workout?

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just curious, but what do you need your 3rd dan and why can't you get tested where you were?

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There could be a few reasons why dcsma needs to be tested elsewhere, eg politics, restrictions by the federation/association that dcsma is a member of, etc.

@dcsma, if you don't mind the UK, you can contact GM Tony Vohra 8th Dan - he may be able to help (however traveling, accomodation, etc... is up to you to sort out). Or there's Master Sung J. Woo 6th Dan at Taekwonwoo.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you're looking to stick with Chung Do Kwan, then there are some excellent folks in your region.

GM Steven Travis is in the northern Indiana area. I strongly recommend him.

GM Sung Jae Park is in the Indianapolis area.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
It would seem to me that the first step before looking for a promotion would be to find an instructor and begin a relationship with him. People I promote will represent me, both in skill and attitude, something that I need to see for longer than a 2/3/5/whatever hour test. I can't imagine someone coming to me for just a test for a senior ranking, I would want some serious time on the mats before any test.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There could be a few reasons why dcsma needs to be tested elsewhere, eg politics, restrictions by the federation/association that dcsma is a member of, etc.

@dcsma, if you don't mind the UK, you can contact GM Tony Vohra 8th Dan - he may be able to help (however traveling, accomodation, etc... is up to you to sort out). Or there's Master Sung J. Woo 6th Dan at Taekwonwoo.
Actually, I just looked back at the first time he asked about this and GM Al Cole attempted to contact him. So I guess my question now to the OP is what happened with that route? GM Cole is pretty good with helping people out in TKD.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So are we fishing? Looking for the big bite?

I'm sure there are quite a few here who would gladly make you a certificate...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And who might the Big Bite be?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There is plenty of help out there for people with bonified reasons for needing help? I PMed this person with specifics and never got a response this OP or thread seems to be fishing to me?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is plenty of help out there for people with bonified reasons for needing help? I PMed this person with specifics and never got a response this OP or thread seems to be fishing to me?

Yep. He admitted as much.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2