Impoverished Area Of London Riots

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
These scenes will be a great advertisement for the Olympics next year.

One question for anyone who knows more, why were not enough Police deployed? From the pictures I've seen, there are sometimes about 20 standing at the end of a street and people looting and rioting in the middle, clearly without enough Police to sort it out. If 10,000 more are being deployed today, why could they not have been before?
My thought is because it takes time to allocate that much man-power on a civilian level. Can't just pick up a bunch of cops and drop 'em down in a trouble area without ensuring you have enough cops to patrol the areas where they're not (immediately) needed. (dunno if that came out right)... Were they military then that's easy but when it's police you gotta make sure the rest of the population is going to be protected adequately.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Exactly right granfire! only those had a racial flavour underpinning the start of it all, in these they have more or less foregone any underpinnings arising from the initial incident and got straight to the thieving and destruction for no reason other than recreation and a new pair of sneakers.

Remember it started as one thing and the band wagggoners changed it into their thing. Just TV's sneakers and beer.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jenna and any others I empathize (was 1 block ahead of the LA riots) Stay safe. Treat it like a hotel fire, stay low, don't use the elevators and get the **** out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's going to be a huge police presence tonight and for the next few days, you'll probably find a number of different forces officers there though I'm afraid there's other cities to deal with as well. People may moan about CCTV infringing civil liberties but it is capturing a majority of the rioters photos, very clearly and they will be named asap. The use of Twitter and FB is being monitored ( not hacked!) to see where the mobs are going next, these 'poor' unemployed youths all have Blackberry's, hell I can't afford one!
Parents are being told to keep thier children and teenagers inside, as if! A lot of people are blaming parents for the lack of control they have over these youths. One 11 year was picked up red handed looting by the police.

The Met police didn't have enough officers to cope on the first couple of nights, they should have enough now with the reinforcements. They are going to be criticised whatever they do though, it seems they tried a softly softly approach at the original demo to try not to incite anything then it kicked off and they are blamed for not being forceful!

Londoners are probably the most resilent people going, they will put everything back together again and carry on. Hopefully we'll see the culprits punished but expect plenty of weeping and wailing by the apologists, 'they had no choice they were unemployed'!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course dreadful as this is the news media is delighted, it comes in 'silly' season, when Parliament is on holiday as are a lot of people so there's no newsworthy stuff to print/broadcast. They end up doing stupid little stories but with the riots you can see the broadcasters salivating and sending teams in to cover the violence, reporters are behaving as if they were in Afghan. All adds to the drama and the yobs like the look of what they see, it's dramatic, violent and attention grabbing so hey lets all have a go. I'm not suggesting a news blackout but it would be nice if you could go back to plain factual reporting without the reporters glory hunting.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
'Saure Gurken Zeit' aye, has not gotten any better with the US style of coverage, sending people out to 'the front'
it is kinda hunerous when you see the noob in a rain coat holding on for dear life, yep, it's a hurricane and the wind is strong...boring when you see the umpteenth house blown away by a storm - unless it's your street, yu can't tell the difference, but outright dangerous when you give the half brained criminal element more attention than they deserve...

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Intresting development... Preliminary tests show some indication that Mark Duggan (the individual whose death sparked these riots) didn't fire:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14459516

There is no evidence Mark Duggan opened fire at police before being shot dead by a firearms officer, the Independent Police Complaints Commission has said.

Mr Duggan, 29, whose death sparked the first riots in Tottenham, died from a single bullet wound, an inquest heard.
The police watchdog said ballistic tests showed "no evidence that the handgun found at the scene was fired".

Before anyone makes any assumptions, though, keep in mind that police officers in a civilized nation aren't exactly going to open fire without cause, that there's usually a reason to believe that someone's life was in danger. After all, did he pull the pistol out and brandish it at the police? If so, the officers are certainly justified in firing at him.

On another note, the firearm that Duggan was carrying was illegal, of course, being a starter pistol modified to fire live ammunition.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On another, more humorous note, some of the reviews of aluminum bats are pretty funny:

Good weight, easy to swing and effective, it does not suffer from vibrations when being used vigorously on bone or soft tissue.

Very pleased indeed with this item.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I gotten this in the e-mail... didn't like much of what I read.
Those of you following the barbaric rioting in Britain will not have failed to notice that a sizable proportion of the thugs are white, something not often seen in this country.
Not only that, but in a triumph of feminism, a lot of them are girls. Even the "disabled" (according to the British benefits system) seem to have miraculously overcome their infirmities to dash out and steal a few TVs.
Congratulations, Britain! You've barbarized your citizenry, without regard to race, gender or physical handicap!
With a welfare system far more advanced than the United States, the British have achieved the remarkable result of turning entire communities of ancestral British people into tattooed, drunken brutes.
I guess we now have the proof of what conservatives have been saying since forever: Looting is a result of liberal welfare policies. And Britain is in the end stages of the welfare state.
In 2008, a 9-year-old British girl, Shannon Matthews​, disappeared on her way home from a school trip. The media lept on the case -- only to discover that Shannon was one of seven children her mother, Karen, had produced with five different men.
The first of these serial sperm-donors explained: "Karen just goes from one bloke to the next, uses them to have a kid, grabs all the child benefits and moves on."
Poor little Shannon eventually turned up at the home of one of her many step-uncles -- whose ex-wife, by the way, was the mother of six children with three different fathers.
The Daily Mail (London) traced the family's proud Anglo ancestry of stable families back hundreds of years. The Nazi war machine couldn't break the British, but the modern welfare state has.
A year earlier, in 2007, another product of the new order, Fiona MacKeown, took seven of her eight children (by five different fathers) and her then-boyfriend, on a drug-fueled, six-month vacation to the Indian island of Goa. The trip was paid for -- like everything else in her life -- with government benefits.
(When was the last time you had a free, six-month vacation? I'm drawing a blank, too.)
While in Goa, Fiona took her entourage on a side-trip, leaving her 15-year-old daughter, Scarlett Keeling, in the capable hands of a 25-year-old local whom Scarlett had begun sleeping with, perhaps hoping to get a head-start on her own government benefits. A few weeks later, Scarlett turned up dead, full of drugs, raped and murdered.
Scarlett's estranged stepfather later drank himself to death, while her brother Silas announced on his social networking page: "My name is Si, n I spend most my life either out wit mates get drunk or at partys, playing rugby or going to da beach (pretty s**t really)."
It's a wonder that someone like Silas, who has never worked, and belongs to a family in which no one has ever worked, can afford a cellphone for social networking. No, actually, it's not.
Britain has a far more redistributive welfare system than France, which is why France's crime problem is mostly a matter of Muslim immigrants, not French nationals. Meanwhile, England's welfare state is fast returning the native population to its violent 18th-century highwaymen roots.
Needless to say, Britain leads Europe in the proportion of single mothers and, as a consequence, also leads or co-leads the European Union in violent crime, alcohol and drug abuse, obesity and sexually transmitted diseases.
But liberal elites here and in Britain will blame anything but the welfare state they adore. They drone on about the strict British class system or the lack of jobs or the nation's history of racism.
None of that explains the sad lives of young Shannon Matthews and Scarlett Keeling, with their long English ancestry and perfect Anglo features.
Democrats would be delighted if violent mobs like those in Britain arose here -- perhaps in Wisconsin! That would allow them to introduce yet more government programs staffed by unionized public employees, as happened after the 1992 L.A. riots and the 1960s race riots, following the recommendations of the Kerner Commission.
MSNBC might even do the unthinkable and offer Al Sharpton​ his own TV show. (Excuse me -- someone's trying to get my attention ... WHAT?)
Inciting violent mobs is the essence of the left's agenda: Promote class warfare, illegitimate children and an utterly debased citizenry.
Like the British riot girls interviewed by the BBC, the Democrats tell us "all of this happened because of the rich people."
We're beginning to see the final result of that idea in Britain. The welfare state creates a society of beasts. Meanwhile, nonjudgmental elites don't dare condemn the animals their programs have created.
Rioters in England are burning century-old family businesses to the ground, stealing from injured children lying on the sidewalks and forcing Britons to strip to their underwear on the street.
I keep reading that it's because they don't have jobs -- which they're obviously anxious to hold. Or someone called them a "kaffir." Or their social services have been reduced. Or their Blackberries made them do it. Or they disapprove of a referee's call in a Manchester United game.
A few well-placed rifle rounds, and the rioting would end in an instant. A more sustained attack on the rampaging mob might save England from itself, finally removing shaved-head, drunken parasites from the benefits rolls that Britain can't find the will to abolish on moral or utilitarian grounds. We can be sure there's no danger of killing off the next Winston Churchill or Edmund Burke​ in these crowds.
But like Louis XVI, British authorities are paralyzed by their indifference to their own civilization. A half-century of berating themselves for the crime of being British has left them morally defenseless. They see nothing about England worth saving, certainly not worth fighting for -- which is fortunate since most of their cops don't have guns.
This is how civilizations die. It can happen overnight, as it did in Revolutionary France​.
- Ann Coulter
08/10/2011
I didn't appreciate the anti-British rant by Ms Coulter nor her ideas of how things are going on. Here is one article that explains things a bit.
http://news.yahoo.com/britains-rioters-young-poor-disillusioned-192716141.html

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not anti-British, anti-welfare state.

Here is an article that expains things about the welfare state from a British perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024284/UK-riots-2011-Liberal-dogma-spawned-generation-brutalised-youths.html

from the article:

But it will not do for a moment to claim the rioters’ behaviour reflects deprived circumstances or police persecution.
Of course it is true that few have jobs, learn anything useful at school, live in decent homes, eat meals at regular hours or feel loyalty to anything beyond their local gang.
This is not, however, because they are victims of mistreatment or neglect.
It is because it is fantastically hard to help such people, young or old, without imposing a measure of compulsion which modern society finds unacceptable. These kids are what they are because nobody makes them be anything different or better.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...neration-brutalised-youths.html#ixzz1UjuedTUb

The fact is that this state of lack of respect for others is not just in one country, you can see it here in the states as well. I posted a video of men who shot up a bus because someone commented on the child rearing practices of a woman on the bus, you can see that in the general self-defense thread. In Chicago, wisconsin and I believe philedelphia, you have thug mobs attacking people, either to rob them or just for the fun of beating people up. Generations of children raised by children raised by children, with no mature adult role modeling is the cause, and the welfare state, regardless of the country, makes that children raising children possible.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one don't appreciate the stuff about Shannon Matthews. It's really uncalled for ( though thanks for posting it, it good to be able to refute stuff like that).

One of the UK's MMA fighters Mark Aldridge ( he's on FB if you want it first hand) who fights often on our shows, he's fighting again on our charity show in Novemebr, lives close to where Shannon lived, his daughter was Shannon's best friend, he will tell you a different story about the area they live in, where everyone was out looking for Shannon, posters were put out, the community pulled together. The media did do a lot on the story, they had no reason to believe at the time, no one did, that it was the mother. The area is a poor one, it used to be a coal mining area but Maggie closed the pits, there isn't much chance of work in these areas but the sense of community is still there.
No one calls anyone 'kaffir' here, that's just silly, there's other epithets but not that one. That's South African.

Britain has the most 'single parent' families, not single mothers. This of course will include the war widows living on their war pensions...'benefits', those who's partners have died, either by illness or accident. Those who have divorced, both male and female parents having the children. there's no statistics for single mothers, just single parents.
Scarlet Keeling wasn't perfect 'Anglo', she was a traveller.

If you look at how many people have jobs, money education and were caught rioting it sort of go aganist the whole rant really. When millionaires daughters, solicters, teachers, and graduates are the ones looting I don't think it fits with the 'Britain', welfare state crisis etc etc' rubbish

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking to that last bit, Tez, will we be able to find out the demographics about the looters once things have calmed down a bit?

I assume the media will either focus on a few 'out of place' people if that suits them or play the whole "it's all unemployed shysters" line for all it's worth. So it would be good to know if there is an official source we can look for later on.

As an aside, I knew you'd have something to say about the comments by Ms. Coulter about Shannon Matthews - I still recall the case and your posts about it here on MT :bows:.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking to that last bit, Tez, will we be able to find out the demographics about the looters once things have calmed down a bit?

I assume the media will either focus on a few 'out of place' people if that suits them or play the whole "it's all unemployed shysters" line for all it's worth. So it would be good to know if there is an official source we can look for later on.

As an aside, I knew you'd have something to say about the comments by Ms. Coulter about Shannon Matthews - I still recall the case and your posts about it here on MT :bows:.

I think this may be the site to keep an eye on, it may take a while though.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/science-research/research-statistics/

I will say that there are people waiting for Shannon Matthews mother and co criminals to come out of prison..not that I condone it of course!

Latest Discussions