I'm right, you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan

People often get caught up in training only for tournaments and neglect “real”
techniques. You will fight the way you train.
Without a doubt that is a problem. One of the more practical advice I have heard is, if you want to defeat someone of a particular art, just locate their rule books on illegal strikes and learn those. Lol, b/c they don't practice those and wouldn't know how to defend against such attack.

Most grown men, trained or untrained couldn’t subdue such an adversary either.

hahaha, tell that Zou David, or Mya Ryu Jitsu or David Shultz or whatever he calls himself. He claims that not only he could, but all the 120 lb females he claimed to have trained could too! LMAO.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by akja
So you think she has NO chance?

No legitimate instructor of women self defence would even pretend to present such ludicurous notion.

A legitimate self defence instructor would NEVER make the BS claim that he is going to teach a 120lb woman to defeat a 250 lb psychopathic socialpath.

This kind of bogus claim is in the same league as "I'll teach you how to disarm knives and guns in 30 hours" "I'll teach you to fight off a dozen attackers." "No painstaking training. Just my secret techniques from the Spetznaz and the IDF special forces." :rolleyes:

If you want to know what the really experienced fighters would instruct, PM me. I am not going to tip off the half baked operators on how to sound legit.

A

A.R.K.

haha, tell that Zou David, or Mya Ryu Jitsu or David Shultz or whatever he calls himself. He claims that not only he could, but all the 120 lb females he claimed to have trained could too! LMAO.

Could you post where I said all the 120 lbs females I have trained could do so please.....or are you merely running off at the mouth again with your hurt feelings?

I stated that one of my female students HAS successfully defended herself against a male who intended to rape her. This means that in real life a woman CAN successfully defend herself against a male attacker. I would hate to be a woman going to you for training, I can hear you saying "well, your just a woman so we know there is no way you can protect yourself so just lay down a spread your legs and hopefully he won't kill you afterwards". People like you are a throwback to the 70's and make me sick.

If your form of training REQUIRES you to be a man with size and strength to have a CHANCE...then you've got the wrong training! Like AKJA said all she needs to do is escape if nothing else.

Your trapped in a competition mind set that doesn't allow you to view real world situations. It is abundantly clear you have never been in a real world encounter. Sitting next to me is a female Deputy with 15 years on the job who has had to fight men....and won. Why? Because she knows what she's doing and is determined to win. Does that make her superwoman...no. But it does blow your BS out the door.

To ALL women here who read this thread, ignore JN's nonsense. There are usually two crime scenes in a rape situation. The first is where the attack/abduction begins and the second is where the act is carried out. It is your choice but be advised that your chances of surviaval drop DRAMATICALLY if you allow yourself to be taken to crime scene two. It's your body and your life, don't let some know-it-all feed you a BS line that you haven't got a chance.

The last LEO statistics that I have seen are that only a small % of rapes are successfull against a victim that resists with wits and determination. And only 1% against a woman that is armed with a firearm and is competent with it's use. If you are hit...fight back. If you are stabbed...don't panic and fight back. If you are shot...don't panic and fight back. Do it for yourself, your husband, your family, your kids...whatever is personal to YOU. This is how LEO's are trained and you are NO LESS important.

If a man can't breath...he can't fight. If a man can't walk...he can't reach you. If a man can't see...you can escape. Jonathan thinks you will fail because your going to box them or try to throw them. I think you are going to win because your going to strike with RAGE AND INDIGNATION a vital area, you are going to use naturally occuring weapons such as keys, a purse, a lamp...whatever. Your not looking to score points....your looking to survive and win!!!!!

Stay safe :asian:

Q

Quick Sand

There are also a few throws/ take downs that are easier on a larger opponent becausae the smaller person has the advantage of a lower centre of gravity.

I'm not saying all throws and take downs but there are a few that don't take much strength, they just need to be done correctly.

One other little thing, I'm not sure your average women these days is 120lbs either. Most of my friends and the other women I know are larger then that. No, they're not as strong or as big as most guys but they are bigger then 120lbs. I have a small beef with guys assumeing all women at tiny.

QS

J

Jill666

I worked in detox, I worked in psych. Worked 12 years total in state-funded programs for homeless, mentally ill addicts with criminal histories.

Now most of these men & women are in poor health, underfed and unco-ordinated, and were trying to get well. BUT occasionally I found myself in the company of a true psychopath, a rapist, a murderer. Ever sit for two hours 1 on 1 interviewing a man who rapes old ladies tied to a chair, then sets them on fire to destroy trace evidence? I have. I can't really describe the difference, except to say there are a handful of people that truly made me feel that my life didn't mean $h!t to them except maybe the money or amusement they could get off me. Man or woman, big or small, there are some people that are truly dangerous. Get out, shoot for the heart, call the cops, whatever- you don't want to go toe-to-toe.

As for being jumped by a large man, well I am not training to defeat him hand-to-hand, I am training to stay alive, use surprise, fight dirty, get an opening, get away.

Yes, given certain situations it is horse manure to say "I can take any man". But I can and will do whatever it takes to survive. Period.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most grown men, trained or untrained couldn’t subdue such an adversary either.

Yes, an excellent point--this is setting the standard very high. Certainly one must consider and train for the possibility but if that's the standard then a lot of people would fail.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
No legitimate instructor of women self defence would even pretend to present such ludicurous notion.

A legitimate self defence instructor would NEVER make the BS claim that he is going to teach a 120lb woman to defeat a 250 lb psychopathic socialpath.

This kind of bogus claim is in the same league as "I'll teach you how to disarm knives and guns in 30 hours" "I'll teach you to fight off a dozen attackers." "No painstaking training. Just my secret techniques from the Spetznaz and the IDF special forces." :rolleyes:

If you want to know what the really experienced fighters would instruct, PM me. I am not going to tip off the half baked operators on how to sound legit.

Whose making false claims. My daughter is 16 and she is well on her way to proving you (and anyone else that thinks like that) wrong.

We are not making any claims or selling any secret techniques. Just stating the facts. There are many men who think they can fight, but really can't. Are you saying no small woman can beat any of them enough to make a safe getaway?

Maybe you should evaluate why you are in the martial arts. You don't seem to think that they work.

A

A.R.K.

Posted by Jill,

As for being jumped by a large man, well I am not training to defeat him hand-to-hand, I am training to stay alive, use surprise, fight dirty, get an opening, get away.

Yes, given certain situations it is horse manure to say "I can take any man". But I can and will do whatever it takes to survive. Period.

You go girl ;)

People would really be suprised what they are capable of when the adrenaline starts to flow and your fighting for your life or the life of a loved one. I'm not aware of any rule that states "well this will only work up to a certain height or weight of bad guy" or "well if he's crazy you might as well give up".

It's better to fight and die for what is right than to just give up and die for nothing.

D

Disco

JN, PM you to find out what REAL fighters would teach?

I was under the impression that these forums were for sharing information and to assist fellow Martial Artists:confused:

I'm still trying to figure out just what your attempting to accomplish.... You keep refering to a total worst case scenario, where I too admit that even many men would have a problem dealing with, to validate your viewpoint. There are no absolutes in this world when dealing with self defense and personal protection. I feel that when you make a generalization about females and their training, using that WCS as your guideline, your doing a disservice to all who view these forums looking for insite and direction. If you truly feel that most / all females are being taken, then please post your full rationale for your reasoning.

When you seek to go private with your answers, RED Flags go up.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
JN, PM you to find out what REAL fighters would teach?

I was under the impression that these forums were for sharing information and to assist fellow Martial Artists:confused:

I'm still trying to figure out just what your attempting to accomplish.... You keep refering to a total worst case scenario, where I too admit that even many men would have a problem dealing with, to validate your viewpoint. There are no absolutes in this world when dealing with self defense and personal protection. I feel that when you make a generalization about females and their training, using that WCS as your guideline, your doing a disservice to all who view these forums looking for insite and direction. If you truly feel that most / all females are being taken, then please post your full rationale for your reasoning.

When you seek to go private with your answers, RED Flags go up.

Short answer to a bunch of philosophical entertainment

Red flag? My a$$! I am not selling anything. I have no website to promote. I don't even promote my name here. (unlike some over the hill dead-ender :rolleyes: )

I'll tell you what, I would simply give any one who asks, the name of another member who teaches self defence (who really knows the subject at hand, unlike some fly-by-night, over the hill, dead-ender who is out to make a buck) to talk to. You don't even have to talk to me. I couldn't care less one way or the other.

A

A.R.K.

I don't even promote my name here.

Can't blame you there....

who really knows the subject at hand, unlike some fly-by-night, over the hill, dead-ender who is out to make a buck

And who here fits this rambling description?

I think this is a clear case of you putting your limitations on others.

D

Disco

Just stated my opinion and asked for a simple clarification and

HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF.........

I'd hate to see the response if someone accused you of something.:confused:

A

A.R.K.

Disco, I knew you were over the hill....but I didn't know you 'flew by night'. :D

D

Disco

Only if I can get those discount prices at the ticket counter:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
The shortcoming inherented in tournaments is obvious. But everyone jumps on the bandwagon to piss on tournys, including those who have never fought in one in their whole life time. :rolleyes:

Tournament competition is a useful training experience. None of you who "play" inside the safety of your dojangs/dojos know what an adrenaline rush can impact your ability to function. Tournament gives young fighters the very few chances they have to experience the adrenaline rush (and how to deal with it) and the opportunity to engage unknown opponents.

Everybody knows there are artificial rules in tournys, and so forth and so forth. Yesterday's news. THere are ways to train to compensate for that. Throwing out tournys altogether, is like throwing out the baby with the water.

I have never fought in a tournament! I have never wanted to! My martial arts journey is not about sport.
I have nothing against tourny fighters, and I love to watch, but I have never felt the need to compete.
I have enough on my plate trying to better me, without trying to better someone else.
In our school, the advanced ranks wear protective equipment, and fight. No rules, no tip tap ****, no quarter given or expected.

We lose a lot of juniors when they happen to see the advanced classes going for it, I once left a school because I was expected to spar, and wanted to leave because, people kept getting upset at my lack of contact control. Of course I pulled my punches, but they always made contact, and they always hurt.

Hey if you want to compete, and it makes you happy, then more power to you. As they say, whatever floats your boat!

--Dave

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Considering we spar full contact with bogu gear in my dojo and most of the tournaments outside my dojo are “tippy-tap” I don’t get much of a rush.

What is bogu gear?

--Dave:asian:

R

RyuShiKan

A close up

Attachments

• $boguclose.jpg
    $boguclose.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions