I'm Angry!!!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by chungmoowarrior
I've read some posts on Chung Moo Doe. How can any of you, as martial artists, bash such a fine art? Our art is one of the deadliest taught in the world. Tournaments won't let us in because they are afraid of what we can do! People in other systems are just jealous of the fine physical and mental accomplishments we have made through Chung Moo Doe. I ask that you all show respect to one of the world's **TRUE** martial arts.

I believe you.

Wanna Randori?
:idea:

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

ok here ya go i dont normaly do this but here is an open challange to any and all CMD cult memebers to recieve a a$$ kicking... in the immortal words of The Rock lol.... "Just Bring It!" ive delt with little punk cultists before and a few more wont be a problem. so just let me know when you want to come find out how deadly you really are

OP
V

vincefuess

He's probably going thru the "Ten thousand groin kicks followed by being pitched off a building" cleansing process.

I kinda wish we hadn't kicked on him so hard, I really would have liked to hear what he had to say about the training and dojo etiquette.

You know, it's funny. I always feel uncomfortable when I have a real "gung-ho" student- you know, the guys who seem as though they finally found their calling and their life's meaning. It's a good thing, but it lays alot of responsibility upon you as the instructor to guide them properly, and sometimes that guidance means tempering their zeal a bit. When someone takes every word you say as gospel, it tends to make ME very self-conscious and inhibits my ability to teach, for I find myself worrying about "what-if's".

How do some of you experienced teachers handle these kids? (I say kids, cuz they are usually teen or pre-teen, looking for answers to life's questions). I am just a guy, like anyone else. I have a skill that I can teach, that I hope can help someone as it helped me, but sometimes I see seeds growing that scare me.

I'm gonna post the main body of this post as a new thread, so those of you who wish to respond, please do so there. This thread made me think of this, and it is realted, but I think this subject deserves a thread of its own. This subject hits very close to home for me, and I would appreciate all of the constructive comments I can get.

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by chungmoowarrior

:soapbox:

I've read some posts on Chung Moo Doe. How can any of you, as martial artists, bash such a fine art? Our art is one of the deadliest taught in the world. Tournaments won't let us in because they are afraid of what we can do! People in other systems are just jealous of the fine physical and mental accomplishments we have made through Chung Moo Doe. I ask that you all show respect to one of the world's **TRUE** martial arts.

typically said of a person who cant really fight. furthermore, if all chung moo doe is, is a culmination of martial arts, all "iron" kim has done is what bruce lee did before him, so hes no pioneer.
As for being the "deadliest", well no more deadly than anything else on the market, after all, there are only so many ways to hurt someone.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another link if anyone is interested
http://www.rickross.com/reference/chung1.html

I'm from the Chicago area. My instructor and several others were the ones that had the media get involved with this cult. I've met quite a few ex-chung moo students. Their experiences always brought tears of hilarity or ones of deep saddness. The bottom line is this group takes advantage of a persons weakness. They suck out your funds, mind, and soul. When you have nothing left to offer, they discard your dried out husk in the gutter. The sad thing is there are still a few schools left out there. To all who may read this that may be involved in this system, please take the time to research this on your own. Don't take my word, I'm nobody to you.

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Zoran

Here is another link if anyone is interested
http://www.rickross.com/reference/chung1.html

I'm from the Chicago area. My instructor and several others were the ones that had the media get involved with this cult. I've met quite a few ex-chung moo students. Their experiences always brought tears of hilarity or ones of deep saddness. The bottom line is this group takes advantage of a persons weakness. They suck out your funds, mind, and soul. When you have nothing left to offer, they discard your dried out husk in the gutter. The sad thing is there are still a few schools left out there. To all who may read this that may be involved in this system, please take the time to research this on your own. Don't take my word, I'm nobody to you.

i dont understand really, why wouldnt they just keep on taking your money if you joined? Are you referring to martial arts knowledge above? they suck all the knowledge they can from each individual then basically disgard you? could you please elaborate a little more on your comments. I have never heard of these guys before, nor do i really care, they sound like they are full of s$%t, as for the flying kicks, (thats all they flamin talked about on that link above - not yours by the way) when the hell are they useful in a real bar fight, when its all packed in and hard to move? no offence to those who can do them, they look good but impractical.
thanks

OP
N

Nate_Hoopes

He meant suck the life out of people, and their money, i havent been in martial arts long but most people have the concensus that chuch moo do was that biggest martial arts scam in history, as for high kick I agree not use in a bar fight, bu when you can easily do a jump spinning back kick it makes it relatively easy to throw that knee or wasit high basic round kick.

OP
T

thaiboxer

sorry zoran
ive read the link and that pretty much described in full what they are about. I must say some people are gullible. If i was being extensively mistreated and paying huge sums of money to learn something such as how to supposedly fight, i certainly wouldnt entertain it for long,
where i come from its up to the individual to put in the hard yards behind the scenes to get enough physical strength and endurance to continue in muay thai. We actually just do pur ecombination and technique work, and spar against each other every training session, and believe me an hour and bit of plain combos takes it out of you, plus then full contact sparring.
Our trainer charges us a meagre 45 australian dollars a month, so ten dollars a week for 2 lessons a week - 5 dollars each. Id happily pay him more if he wanted, he has even does extra at his home for free if the individual so wants too. Nope im lucky, thank god ive never even come across anything remotely similar to that crap.
And by golly im not learning some flying kick bull from roof top to roof top.
Outrageous claims as well, id like to see him in the ring with a lumpinee champion. :)

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Nate_Hoopes

He meant suck the life out of people, and their money, i havent been in martial arts long but most people have the concensus that chuch moo do was that biggest martial arts scam in history, as for high kick I agree not use in a bar fight, bu when you can easily do a jump spinning back kick it makes it relatively easy to throw that knee or wasit high basic round kick.

sorry nate
but im of the opinion that (and this is just my opinion by the way, nothing against anyone, or being disrespectful) all that spinning kick stuff is just show, and not very useful in real life application. check out "www.muaythai.fi" and then the multimedia stuff there, a TKD guy is extremely lucky not to be hurt more in one mpeg fight show. Simplicity is the key i believe - hence i study what i do.
But yeah on the chung moo doe thing, its completely outrageous, i agree.

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Dutch

I think to sum it up. The style and "Iron Kim" suck. Who the hell is named "Kim" anyway? It's a girl's name.
:D some guy from korea apparently, who is the asian champion

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thaiboxer

sorry zoran
ive read the link and that pretty much described in full what they are about. I must say some people are gullible. If i was being extensively mistreated and paying huge sums of money to learn something such as how to supposedly fight, i certainly wouldnt entertain it for long.

No problem thaiboxer. You must understand that many people, not all, who join the martial arts are people with low self confidence or self esteem. At some point they decided to try to do something about it. So they try the martial arts. It's many of these same people who are the most vulnerable. For some of us it's hard to understand. We may forget what it was like to be new or some where fighters already before joining a martial art. There are still people out there that see the martial arts as something mysterious. Ofcourse we know that all the martial arts is a lot of hard work, good intruction, and lots practice.

Dutch

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by thaiboxer
some guy from korea apparently, who is the asian champion

What is he champion of? Bilking students out of their money with a cheesy art and giving himself stripes on his belt for it?

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Dutch

What is he champion of? Bilking students out of their money with a cheesy art and giving himself stripes on his belt for it?

well he certainly is nothing less than an 8th dan in con artistry

OP
T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Zoran

No problem thaiboxer. You must understand that many people, not all, who join the martial arts are people with low self confidence or self esteem. At some point they decided to try to do something about it. So they try the martial arts. It's many of these same people who are the most vulnerable. For some of us it's hard to understand. We may forget what it was like to be new or some where fighters already before joining a martial art. There are still people out there that see the martial arts as something mysterious. Ofcourse we know that all the martial arts is a lot of hard work, good intruction, and lots practice.

guess ive been fortunate enough to have lived life fairly tough growing up, so you tend to realize from an earlier age what life is all about, through your parents mistakes, and other family members and other people ultimately. I guess i was also lucky to have good parents who took the time to teach of the tyranny of this world to a certain degree.
And yeah thinking about it, low self esteem people would use it as a crutch, they would view life through a narrow tunnel and be oblivious to what is really happening, i agree totally.
anyhow have a good one zoran, catch you later

OP
K

Kroy

Nobody thought to ask Chungmoowarrior his age because he sounded rather immature. A young impressionable fella who's told that he's an almighty fighter, will tend to believe it. I think once he gets the snot kicked out of him in a street fight (which I hope he doesnt) he'll change his tune (and his art)
Hey Kid, if your here, dont be afraid to talk about it. Many of the folks in this forum have been training for many, many years and they can help alot.

P.S. $3500, come on think about it.

OP
S

SteelShadow

Ok im going to ask because as i read thru the post i didnt see anyone else ask..What is ying yang doe??And I mean no disrespect its just something ive never heard of .

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are still several CMD schools in the Seattle area, as well as several Temple Kung Fu schools in the Tacoma/Seattle area.

Sad to say, but it's true...

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I see the cheesy temple Kung Fu commercials on late nite TV here and they make me laugh.