Ikc

K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by Elfan
Sorry I meant maybe I will be there. Don't they have the divisions set up ahead fo time?

Yes, they have. But nonetheless, last year in Madrid some of the divisions were redone in the last minute. That is, ladies blue-green belts competed with the gentlemen :)

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by True2Kenpo
Seig,

Greetings sir from Pittsburgh! How are you? We look forward to seeing you and your students in Boston. There will be six of us from Pittsburgh traveling to the tournament. It is going to be an awesome weekend!

Hope all is well sir, and if I do not talk to you before hand, please have a safe trip to Boston!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh
Josh,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm doing just fine, you? I will be bringing a contingent of 9 of my students, 1 Black Belt from another system and Mr. Conatser (plus his sons). We look forward to seeing you!
Mike

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Josh,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm doing just fine, you? I will be bringing a contingent of 9 of my students, 1 Black Belt from another system and Mr. Conatser (plus his sons). We look forward to seeing you!
Mike

Seig,

No rush sir! :) It will be great to see you guys up in Boston and again I wish you all a very safe trip! Tell Mr. C, I said hello and I hope I have the honor of talking with him once again.

Till then, take care and good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

Just wanted to ask what everyone was competing in as far as divisions and such??

Weapons, Team Fighting, etc...

Hope all is well.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

E

Elfan

If anyone is planning to wear a distinctive T-shirt so MT people can find each other it would be a good idea to post it here so we know about it.

I'll probably have on a white "Modern Kenpo Karate" T-shirt if I come.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If anyone is planning to wear a distinctive T-shirt so MT people can find each other it would be a good idea to post it here so we know about it.

Hey why not show up in MartialTalk Tshirts?

Ask Kaith about this. There must be an angle on here for him.

What would a picture of 30 people at the IKC wearing a MT Tshirt be worth? With trophies of course. After you all compete and are sweaty and have not been sitting at the Keyboard all day.
:)

I mean that would be cool I think. To have a group shot of MTers in the real world. :asian:

Good luck everyone.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

Just wanted to ask what everyone was competing in as far as divisions and such??

Hope all is well.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

Hi Josh :)

In our group.. here's our run-down..

everyone will be sparring, I will be doing both, team (with 2 other females of our school) and freestyle and all but Seig will be doing forms. :)

Look forward to seeing you there!

Have a safe trip!

Tess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
Hey why not show up in MartialTalk Tshirts?

Ask Kaith about this. There must be an angle on here for him.

What would a picture of 30 people at the IKC wearing a MT Tshirt be worth? With trophies of course. After you all compete and are sweaty and have not been sitting at the Keyboard all day.

I mean that would be cool I think. To have a group shot of MTers in the real world. :asian:

Good luck everyone.

well not everyone has a MT t-shirt Doug .. and getting them one by next week isn't an option here.. Besides.. Seig doesn't wear baby blue *G*

Now maybe next year if Kaith gets out Black ones. .then we'll be onto something..

I don't think anyone will have any problem finding our group :)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Just look for a redhead in black/Red ..and you'll have found us :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

There will be black ones (I hope) out before December. (Great xmas gifts ya know. :) )

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
next question sence i have prior commetments on the 2nd where are most people meeting or staying or planning on getting toeather.
I dont live that far away but have to attend another tournament and be with my instructor and GM on Sat. in Laconia, N.H., but i would like to get down and meet some of you
Is there any planned get togeather on friday night or on Sunday?

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

Mr. Ryer, you wouldn't happen to know anyone who needs an extra person for team sparring, would ya...? :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
never mind I got to the web site and saw what was listed. I hope I can get away long enough to meet some of you there.
I'll be the one not wearing something that says Kenpo:D
Most likely i'll have on a sikaran shirt or a Martialtalk shirt

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
next question sence i have prior commetments on the 2nd where are most people meeting or staying or planning on getting toeather.
I dont live that far away but have to attend another tournament and be with my instructor and GM on Sat. in Laconia, N.H., but i would like to get down and meet some of you
Is there any planned get togeather on friday night or on Sunday?

Mountaineer Martial Arts group will be checking in Friday in Wyndham Chelsea Hotel
201 Everett Avenue, Chelsea, MA
you can give a call there .. our flight will be getting in early afternoon, though Seig will have worked the midnight shift and most likely will be resting most of the afternoon.. Mr. Conatser will be driving up and not sure what time he'll make it to the hotel,
but maybe the evening would work.. or Sunday.. as our flight doesn't leave til 6pm ..we will be over at the school meeting people and taking in the sights :)

Hope to see you there~!

Tess & Mike Seigel

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Boston IKC 2003 Information

When: July 31, 2003 -August 3, 2003
Where: Revere High School Field House
101 School Street
Revere, Massachusetts 02151 U.S.A.
Phone: 781-289-9535 • fax 781-289-0592
wwwreverekarate.com • email [email protected]

Friday August 1, 2003 Seminars: Revere High School Field House 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Friday August 1, 2003 Black Belt Judges Meeting: Revere High School Field House 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm

Saturday August 2, 2003: International Karate Championships
Revere High School Field House
9:00 am

Sunday August 3, 2003 Seminars: Revere High School Field House 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Sunday August 3, 2003 Brotherhood Dinner: : Wonderland Entertainment Complex 7:00 pm - Midnight

:asian: