IKC 2006 in Utrecht

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

Yesterday was the first day of the Golden IKC 2006 in Utrecht.
I will attend to this IKC until Sunday.

It was a plaesure to learn old techniques (he said they were from the late 60s) from Mr. Paul Dye and his Senior Instructor, Mr. Montoya.

Today are the next seminars all day long. On Saturday and Sunday will be the tournament.

Kind regards from Utrecht,
kenpostart

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time, KenpoStart! If you can post more about what you've learned, it would be great to hear.

Enjoy!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kenpostart said:
Hi there,

Yesterday was the first day of the Golden IKC 2006 in Utrecht.
I will attend to this IKC until Sunday.

It was a plaesure to learn old techniques (he said they were from the late 60s) from Mr. Paul Dye and his Senior Instructor, Mr. Montoya.

Today are the next seminars all day long. On Saturday and Sunday will be the tournament.

kenpostart

Sounds like a good time! Please post a follow-up to this event for us!!:ultracool

Mike

OP
K

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

yesterday there were several semianrs for my belt level.

I mussed the general Cardio Kenpo (the gys from Mr. Hesselmann)...
At first we started wtih Sub Level Four Kenpo. This was very interesting, but full of new concepts and ideas of and for movement (I think it was Mr. Mills from Ireland).
Then followd by a trainings sequence for the freestyle tournament.
After the break we played with special blocks and strikes (Jimmy Poland).
The next one was a short time to use some nerve pressure (instructors from the LTKKA).
The last one was about speed and launchig (Mr. da Silva).

This was a very short report. More to come, but i must now leave for the tournament ...

kenpostart

OP
K

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow,

what a experience.
This was my first time on a tournament.

I was was relaay nervous, but happily one of the judge wwas Mr. Liles.
After my division I was ranked in middle of the division.

Great fun!

kenpostart

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Job!

I've never seen a Kenpo tournament, what did you have to do?

OP
K

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

here is an Update.

@Carol:
I had the pleasure to perfom in the Self Defense Division. I was totally nervous, but one of the judges was Mr. Bob Liles. The right man for cool down before perfoming. My demonstration was a "deseaster", but it was my first time.
Okay I was bowing to the ring, then to judges. In the middle of the mat we stopped an I walked to the judges, bowed again and announced my name. The I started with my techniques - first in slow-motion, the in street-speed. It was a defense against a grab, punch, kick and weapon. After this we waited in the middle, listen to the score, bowed to the judges and left the mat.
I'm looking forward for the next open tournaments here in Germany.
Two of our small group reached the second place in Self defense and Freestyle.

@MJS:
I want to describe my impression or the description from other guys.
In my last seminars I learned something about Kenpo-2000, speed-striking from Mr. Kongaika.
Our group is independed and we got our input from Mr. Ellis and Mr. Planas.

So it was very god to see new things.
I remeber the old school techniques from Mr. Dye and the differences to now. No checks in the past in Kenpo?
It was my fist time to try the Sub Level Four, this is really different from our "style". More travel time, but it works ...
It was a pleasure to get informations from Mr. John Ward and the family groupings.
The techniques with Mr. Roy Macdonald were marvellous. Short moves, Breath and really hard strikes !
Our beginners attendes to the class of Mr. liles and his street defense. I think Mr. Liles got three new fans.

It was a good time to train with Kenpoists from other schools and countries. It was a experience to see other ways to practice Kenpo.

I think the Kenpo in Europe needs events like this.

Kind regards from Germany,
kenpostart

JenniM

Orange Belt
Reaction score
kenpostart said:
Hi there,

yesterday there were several semianrs for my belt level.

I mussed the general Cardio Kenpo (the gys from Mr. Hesselmann)...
At first we started wtih Sub Level Four Kenpo. This was very interesting, but full of new concepts and ideas of and for movement (I think it was Mr. Mills from Ireland).

Hi there - yes it certainly was an excellent event (it was Mr Mills from England btw - I should know I'm married to him lol!!) I thoroughly enjoyed all the Seminars I attended and was pleased to meet old friends and gain new ones - here are some pictures which I hope you like - maybe you're in some of them? Regards.

http://homepage.mac.com/jennimills/PhotoAlbum2.html

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kenpostart said:
Hi there,

here is an Update.

@Carol:
I had the pleasure to perfom in the Self Defense Division. I was totally nervous, but one of the judges was Mr. Bob Liles. The right man for cool down before perfoming. My demonstration was a "deseaster", but it was my first time.
Okay I was bowing to the ring, then to judges. In the middle of the mat we stopped an I walked to the judges, bowed again and announced my name. The I started with my techniques - first in slow-motion, the in street-speed. It was a defense against a grab, punch, kick and weapon. After this we waited in the middle, listen to the score, bowed to the judges and left the mat.
I'm looking forward for the next open tournaments here in Germany.
Two of our small group reached the second place in Self defense and Freestyle.

@MJS:
I want to describe my impression or the description from other guys.
In my last seminars I learned something about Kenpo-2000, speed-striking from Mr. Kongaika.
Our group is independed and we got our input from Mr. Ellis and Mr. Planas.

So it was very god to see new things.
I remeber the old school techniques from Mr. Dye and the differences to now. No checks in the past in Kenpo?
It was my fist time to try the Sub Level Four, this is really different from our "style". More travel time, but it works ...
It was a pleasure to get informations from Mr. John Ward and the family groupings.
The techniques with Mr. Roy Macdonald were marvellous. Short moves, Breath and really hard strikes !
Our beginners attendes to the class of Mr. liles and his street defense. I think Mr. Liles got three new fans.

It was a good time to train with Kenpoists from other schools and countries. It was a experience to see other ways to practice Kenpo.

I think the Kenpo in Europe needs events like this.

Kind regards from Germany,
kenpostart

Sounds like this was a very good learning experience for everyone!:ultracool

Mike

Ross

Orange Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Sounds like this was a very good learning experience for everyone!:ultracool

Mike

Man alive it was a great time had by all.
It is always good to see and meet other Kenpo guys and gals and glean information from them.

A special thanks to everyone who organised it - you did a fantastic job!

OP
K

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
@JenniM
I'm sorry.

@MJS
You're absolutely right.
I hope that there will be more seminars with such instructors.

@Ross
Yep, the organization was fantastic.

Kind regards,
kenpostart

Bode

Green Belt
Reaction score
JenniM said:
Hi there - yes it certainly was an excellent event (it was Mr Mills from England btw - I should know I'm married to him lol!!) I thoroughly enjoyed all the Seminars I attended and was pleased to meet old friends and gain new ones - here are some pictures which I hope you like - maybe you're in some of them? Regards.

http://homepage.mac.com/jennimills/PhotoAlbum2.html

WOW... I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing "Sublevel 4" written on the backs of so many uniforms. Everyone looked great. Couldn't ask for a better SL4 representative in Europe (Mr. Mills). Maybe next year I'll be able to go and be Mr. Angell's test dummy.

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bode said:
WOW... I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing "Sublevel 4" written on the backs of so many uniforms. Everyone looked great. Couldn't ask for a better SL4 representative in Europe (Mr. Mills). Maybe next year I'll be able to go and be Mr. Angell's test dummy.

Hey Bode,

if any of you guys ever fancy a trip over to the uk just remember my home is your home so drop me a line.

Amrik