Ikc

K

KenpoGirl

Yes that's a no. :(

I asked around in January if anyone was going and it seemed that no one was, so I didn't bother saving up for it. Then suddenly a month a go or so everybody started saying they were going and then it was too late for me. :(

Oh well, I hope everyone has a great time. And posts lots of pictures and lets us know how it went. I know Seig is going to be doing a report for the martial talk magazine so I'll live vicariously through you all. ;)

Dot

K

Kirk

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
And posts lots of pictures and lets us know how it went. I know Seig is going to be doing a report for the martial talk magazine so I'll live vicariously through you all. ;)

LOTS AND LOTS of pictures please!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we have a contigency heading up a week from Friday.. Mr. C and his boys along with 10 competitors and other spectators.. should be a good time.. :)

Wonder if any other females in my rank and age will be there..
I hope so~!

Tess

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
My bracket historically speaking is rare..

Sounds like a trophy to me!
I qualified for a State Championship tournament last year because, well, old Brown Belts are rare competitors as well.

I won't be in the "automatic trophy" category once I make Black. I think I'll be "lumped" in with the seasoned master black belts. :eek:

I may or may not attend another tournament as a Brown Belt. But it is possible I could still be Brown next year long enough to qualify for State again as a Brown Belt. If so, they'd let me go even if I had made it to Black by the time of the tournament. They say that happens all the time.

I asked about this about 2years ago, I thought it might be an issue then... :rolleyes:

Good luck. And get some video. I think I have some video from my run, but none of my good fights. My 2 best fights I had no photographer. I lost them both, but they were good matches. :shrug:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah kinda takes the fun out of it .. just going to receive a trophy.. the Flame patch.. now.. that's something I do want :)

don't know of many ole lady brown belts in my division .. but hopefully at least one other will show up :)

I'm uppin' my dose of Geritol all next week :D

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
.. the Flame patch.. now.. that's something I do want :)

There should be some competitors. It is the IKC, and international tournament... I would think there would be at least 5, but who knows.

I also want a few more flame patches and an IKC Trophy would be very nice as well.

I don't know how many trips that will take. I should go now while I'm a 20yr Brown Belt before I show up and have to fight 40yr old Black Belts... :eek:

I'll post here if I find a way to attend.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
There should be some competitors. It is the IKC, and international tournament... I would think there would be at least 5, but who knows.

I also want a few more flame patches and an IKC Trophy would be very nice as well.

I don't know how many trips that will take. I should go now while I'm a 20yr Brown Belt before I show up and have to fight 40yr old Black Belts... :eek:

I'll post here if I find a way to attend.

Yeah I hope so :)

You should go~!
We 40 plus Brown belts are something to be reckoned with..;)

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You should go~!
We 40 plus Brown belts are something to be reckoned with..;)

Yes, I just realized that this could be my last trip as a Brown Belt. I think I came in 6th place in 1997. I could do better this time, but the competition could also be tougher. Hard to say.

I will go if I can but I'm not optimistic. I will hook up with the IKKO Contingent though. I would likely be the only AKF person present if I do go.

I'll look into this more tonight. Thanks. :)

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi KenpoTess
I too will be joining you in the "geritol" group - you are right "40 plus brown belts are something to be reckoned with" - although I just earned my black last month! Looking forward to the tournament and seminars! See ya' there.

Kenpo Mama :asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpo Mama
Hi KenpoTess
I too will be joining you in the "geritol" group - you are right "40 plus brown belts are something to be reckoned with" - although I just earned my black last month! Looking forward to the tournament and seminars! See ya' there.

Kenpo Mama :asian:

Excellent Kenpo Mama~!! Great to have you aboard ~!

We will be the I.K.K.O. contigent :) Congratulations on your BB and I look forward to meeting you :)

Just look for a 43 yo redhead in a black /red gi :)

Tess

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
How many of you will be attending the IKC?

Seig,

Greetings sir from Pittsburgh! How are you? We look forward to seeing you and your students in Boston. There will be six of us from Pittsburgh traveling to the tournament. It is going to be an awesome weekend!

Hope all is well sir, and if I do not talk to you before hand, please have a safe trip to Boston!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

E

Elfan

My bracket historically speaking is rare..

Sorry I meant maybe I will be there. Don't they have the divisions set up ahead fo time?

Latest Discussions