If You Were Transported 300 Years Into The Past With No Clothes Or Anything Else, How Would You Prov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you were transported 300 years into the past with no clothes or any other items, how would you prove that you were from the future?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you were transported 300 years into the past with no clothes or any other items, how would you prove that you were from the future?
i really wouldnt try, they were still burning witches then, time travel would defonely get you burnt

have you been watchibg outlander, as that largely the plot, you describe.

if i was stuck there id use my knoledge of whats to come to get very rich, there a load of gold in California to go and find for a start, then i might invent the internal combustion engine and planes

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would probably be a T800 and I would simply take what I needed from anybody that I came across while I searched for John Connor’s mother. I wouldn’t need to prove anything to anybody.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd show them the time machine.
seems as they had just about invented the piano, im not sure what showing them a time machine would prove, lets face it we dont know what a time machine looks like either, unless its a police box

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
if i was stuck there id use my knoledge of whats to come to get very rich, there a load of gold in California to go and find for a start, then i might invent the internal combustion engine and planes

Yep use the knowledge you know to get rich. I would have a hard time re inventing air travel or the internal combustion engine though myself. Dont have those technical skills and I dont think the parts to make it work would have come into existence yet 300 years ago. I could describe it to them and thats about it! Hopefully Ben Franklin could figure it out from their! lol

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep use the knowledge you know to get rich. I would have a hard time re inventing air travel or the internal combustion engine though myself. Dont have those technical skills and I dont think the parts to make it work would have come into existence yet 300 years ago. I could describe it to them and thats about it! Hopefully Ben Franklin could figure it out from their! lol
so invent velcro then, every knows how velcro works, or if thats to technical leggo

h3ll just invent the b cle tyre, right after youve invented the bicycle, you know how a bike works, dont you?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'd invent the guillotine and sell it to France.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ha ha ha.. If I was transported that far back then I would be in trouble. I probably wouldn't want to prove anything. 1700's is probably not the best time period for me.

But if I had to be in that position then I'm probably going to screw up the time line. With all the tings that were wrong during that time period. I would probably start looking to build alliances with anyone who didn't want to put me in chains. I would probably be 100 percent in self preservation mode.. The Butterfly Effect would be an understatement lol.

I would definitely team up with some skilled tradesmen some how and some chemists. I figure I would want gear up for some upcoming conflicts, wars, and territory battles. I would have to implement some modern warfare tactics. I would definitely import and breed lions and tigers, gorillas, maybe a komodo dragon or 2. If it can kill or eat a man then I'll need it, to help create a natural barrier between east and west. I'll utilize the desert and plains. Invent some sniping rifles .

Yep. lots of things would change lol. And after I stomped on everyone with my new inventions, then it would be known that I was from a different time. I would definitely up the game on naval ships. and explosives. That's a done deal.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would I want to? In 1720, they still burned witches.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why would I want to? In 1720, they still burned witches.
Yep and all it takes is for you to create medicine, ice, or 2 can and a string to get a VIP spot on some burning logs logs. And don't do CPR on anyone. that's game over. lol

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep and all it takes is for you to create medicine, ice, or 2 can and a string to get a VIP spot on some burning logs logs. And don't do CPR on anyone. that's game over. lol
making ice goes back to biblical times, so it was very old tech even in 1720, i mean making it in a hot desert, not just waitibg for it to freeze on a cold night

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ha ha ha.. If I was transported that far back then I would be in trouble. I probably wouldn't want to prove anything. 1700's is probably not the best time period for me.

Why is 1700's not a good time period for you? Now that I think about about it anyone not a white male at this time period is pretty much screwed. Even if you are a white male if your gay or mentally ill its game over as well.

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Yep CPR would be proof your a witch and can bring back the dead. Certainly being burned at the stake for that! Or maybe you will be treated as a God! Could go both ways?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is 1700's not a good time period for you? Now that I think about about it anyone not a white male at this time period is pretty much screwed. Even if you are a white male if your gay or mentally ill its game over as well.
He's black, and IIRC much taller than the average height back then of 5'4". I get the feeling the settlers might have some trepidation about that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep CPR would be proof your a witch and can bring back the dead. Certainly being burned at the stake for that! Or maybe you will be treated as a God! Could go both ways?
Being that Humans have proven time and time again they we kill our Saviors doesn't give me great hope in that lol.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He's black, and IIRC much taller than the average height back then of 5'4". I get the feeling the settlers might have some trepidation about that.
eah and what's worse is that we have to travel in our birthday suits.

The last thing I really want to do is be naked in the woods and trying to figure all of the places on my body these guys are going to be hiding. I'm thinking those first couple of weeks are going to be really miserable..
About-Deer-Tick-Large.jpg

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Good point. The question dosent specify the location you are arriving at though. If its South Carolina yea being a tall black guy may create just a few problems you may not want to deal with! However if your placed in Nigeria or Kenya you could fare much better.

Make things real interesting you could be dropped somewhere in Asia in 1720. Not sure how familiar black people would have been to the common Chinese peasant. Be a good test of your Wing Chun skills! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions