DF: Best Clothing for Self Defense?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Best Clothing for Self Defense?
By Hot_Wings - Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:15:04 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

I am trying to take my self defense equipment, training, and readiness to a whole new level. Part of that plan is to create or purchase clothing and or uniforms for everyday wear that are specifically designed to enhance personal protection and self defense.

What are your ideas?

So far, I am not impressed with the standard security, military, and police uniforms and undercover clothing. I think that they are wholly inadequate for true self defense. Mostly, their shirts only have a concealed carry pocket sewn in them, and the pants generally only have an inner knee pocket for a sleeve of foam padding. I want more than this.

http://www.karatedepot.com/g/Kung%20...s/un-sp-02.jpg

I have done a lot of research on clothing from the past for defensive purposes and so far, the Chinese and Japanese seem to have developed the best everyday wear defensive clothing. The standard Kung-Fu uniform is also a standard traditional Chinese men’s jacket worn in China. The collar is fully around the neck at all times and the material of the jacket is heavier than normal western wear and usually satin or silk lined or completely made out of these materials. The pattern of the clothing is also conducive to martial arts and not too tight fitting. As well, the jackets are long sleeve and provide extra protection there as well.

Do you have any other ideas about defensive clothing?

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Latest Discussions