If George W. Was an Idiot...

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who says it's got anything to do with mitigating "W"'s mistakes?

I think it's an interesting example of how some things seem "important" when one person does them...but less so when another does.

How about the point of the post? If "W" had done any of those things do you think the media would have attacked like a bunch of sharks? Well of course...as they probably should...doubling the debt in ONE YEAR??

Why is it that the media response to "O" is either non-existent...or powder puff?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:lookie: HUH?!?

*scrolls and searches madly for reference to ... the monarch abroad*
You calling the Queen a broad??? gee I'd get my face slapped for that one... :lol:
LOL

" If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?"

The answer actually is that HM the Q has a very good sense of humour and exactly what do you give the richest woman in the world and who has literally everything?
You mean J.K. Rowling?

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As Instapundent said, "It looks more and more like Obama's presidency becoming a Jimmy Carter's is the BEST scenario."

He's had almost a year and he still hasn't learned. And every mis-step is being watched very carefully by China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, al qaeda, the Taliban, and every other country that would just love to have an advantage over the U.S.

And I assure you, if any of those countries leaders find a way to get an advantage, they will do so, at our expense. That's the nature of the world and no Obama jive is going to change that.

Yes three more years. And after the mid-terms, remember the phrase, "lame duck".

Deaf

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
As Instapundent said, "It looks more and more like Obama's presidency becoming a Jimmy Carter's is the BEST scenario."

He's had almost a year and he still hasn't learned. And every mis-step is being watched very carefully by China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, al qaeda, the Taliban, and every other country that would just love to have an advantage over the U.S.

And I assure you, if any of those countries leaders find a way to get an advantage, they will do so, at our expense. That's the nature of the world and no Obama jive is going to change that.

Yes three more years. And after the mid-terms, remember the phrase, "lame duck".

Deaf

Interesting that you call al qaeda and the Taliban countries.
And I sincerely doubt that any protocol gaffe a US presiden commits will have an effect of what those people are doing.

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Why is it that the media response to "O" is either non-existent...or powder puff?

Wouldn't some of this be that folks, that is, most folks, are savvy enough to know what can reasonably be accomplished in under a year given the current circumstances?

I mean, 'W' managed to balloon the debt without a global financial crisis, and I, for one, rarely heard this talked about during his presidency.

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score

And if you are characterizing Obama's foreign policy in this manner I shudder to think how one might characterize the most disastrous American foreign policy moves in decades, perhaps ever. Those would be the ones committed by George Bush.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... it does not change the fact that Obama is selling out America at a pace that will soon outdo all the wrongs of all the other presidents combined... he is trying to drive us into a third world country...

I think that ha more to do with a century of economic and socio-political decisions that paid no mind to the concept that there would one day be a bill to pay.

how about answering the question... whats so good about Obama?

Nothing - just like any other American President or any other world 'leader'.

The real question people should be answering is why it is that, no matter who gets selected (sorry, voted) to be the head-on-a-stick for a few years, nothing ever changes.

In global terms, Bush was a dangerous and stupid man in entirely the wrong station, making happen what his father (a dangerous and cunning man) could not legally hold office to make happen. The Clintons (deliberate plural) were self-serving and duplicitous. Reagan was cleverer than many think but far too eager with the sabre-rattling for the miltary-industrial complex that calls the shots.

I could go on taking cheap shots at almost any president my leaky memory can recall. The point is that not one of them did a great deal for those that took part in the democratic process and none of them worked to fix the underlying problems that have gradually made their way into the public perception.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The real question people should be answering is why it is that, no matter who gets selected (sorry, voted) to be the head-on-a-stick for a few years, nothing ever changes.
Because we've been trained to pay no attention the man/men behind the curtain.