If George W. Was an Idiot...

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Recently recieved this in e-mail.

If George W. Was an Idiot...

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD's, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potato as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had Okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11.?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

Can't think of anything? Don't worry.

He's done all this in 5 months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember when all we had to worry about was a Vice President and his potatoe. ;)

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where is the "mainstream media" on this? Why all the Late Night video clips of every "W" faux pas but NOTHING on the "Holy O"?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When was the last time the Late Show repeatedly poked at someone that didn't have an R next to their name?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

Given that the US dollar only retains its value because at the moment it is still the going currency for oil, it is an appropriate gesture ;)
If a little bowing and groveling can keep the saudis from switching to Euros and killing the dollar, I'd say well done.

Only a little joking here.
Any politician will say or do stupid things. Obama as much as another one. The main difference with Bush is imo the scale of things. Obama may have misspelled 'advice' or not known how to say '5th of may in Spanish'. Otoh, before his second term was up, there was already an entire book full of 'bushisms'.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My mom sent me that in an email last night. I was about to reply to her that one president being an idiot doesn't make another president less of an idiot, but I decided not to reply. Maybe I just don't get how what President Obama has done so far changes the things that President Bush said and did?

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ahh, the time honoured 'you hypocrite' defence.

Obama could misspell his own name, it won't change any of the awful, malicious or blind things that George Bush did to your country.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I look at the list of gaffs, flubs, and screw ups in the OP, and I think they run the course from trivial to significant. I'm not really aware of the Mr Obama getting a pass on them. It may well be that some media have ignored them, or given them little play. At the same time, other media have inflated them beyond recognition.

Partisanship has two edges. This reminds me of some of the recent discussion going on about the Bushes visiting Ft Hood. It's a wonderful, patriotic, compassionate thing to do -- but it doesn't make Obama a traitor. Similarly, if the current president does something smart, it doesn't automatically make George Bush stupid.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When was the last time the Late Show repeatedly poked at someone that didn't have an R next to their name?

Uh, Clinton's presidency? Actually, he poked quite a bit of fun at Hillary during the campaign ... and ... ever since her husband began to run for office ... and ... everytime she's on TV ... and ....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Obama is the darling of whomever is REALLY running this country and just doing what they are telling him to do. The media that is controlled by those who are REALLY in power won't allow any of his present and future flubs to mar his image that they've built up so well.
It seemed that almost everyone hated Bush by the end of his term. Seemed that (almost) everyone was so excited to have this young new guy come in and make "CHANGE" for everyone.
I get e-mails from Republican friends with anti-Obamaisms ... I'll probably get the OP in the mail sometime today or tomorrow. I just delete it and go on.
Lots of folks say to me "if you didn't vote you don't have a voice"... pppfft on them I pay my taxes and I got a voice. I don't vote because IMO there hasn't been anyone WORTH voting FOR since I became age-eligible to vote. Now almost 30 years and 7 elections later since I became eligible and all I ever saw were fancy used car salesmen promising this and promising that and slinging crap and mud on their opponents when they should've been talking about what GOOD they will do for the country and ignore what BAD their opponent has and will do for the country.
Everyone has an idea on how to make this country better. I got ideas but I don't have the money to run for office, hell, I don't even have the money to make those guys on the hill want to give me an even passive interest in my ideas. I'm a little guy and I'll probably always will be a little guy. Well that's okay as long as I can just live my life, go to work each day and plan a nice little nucleus with my future fiancee.

We can vote the guy out in 2012 (if the world hasn't come to an end :lol: ) and hope and pray that the next guy will be able to straighten out the mess. Perhaps that is what Obama is trying to do. Trying to straighten out the mess by piling up everything that is already messed up and making those piles bigger (thus more noticable) and everyone's attention is drawn to it. The man still has 3 years to do it or at least make a noticable dent in the clean up/straightening out process. He's been in office less than a year now and with a mess like that it's going to take a while.
Like any man sitting behind the desk, he's going to need time. If things haven't improved by the next election then we vote his butt outta there and put in someone else who may need to take even LONGER to clean up the mess.

If I decide to vote in the next election the opponent is going to have to really impress me, or the current man has made noticable improvements. If not... :idunno: I'll do as I've always done... put my head between my legs, kiss my *** goodbye and get back to my job and my life and hope for the best.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My mom sent me that in an email last night. I was about to reply to her that one president being an idiot doesn't make another president less of an idiot, but I decided not to reply. Maybe I just don't get how what President Obama has done so far changes the things that President Bush said and did?

I laugh at all the people with their heads buried in the sand about how bad Obama is by trying to constantly point out how past presidents had problems.... I dont know of anyone who disagrees that our past presidents made mistakes and did dumb, or even wrong things... it does not change the fact that Obama is selling out America at a pace that will soon outdo all the wrongs of all the other presidents combined... he is trying to drive us into a third world country...

how about answering the question... whats so good about Obama?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I laugh at all the people with their heads buried in the sand about how bad Obama is by trying to constantly point out how past presidents had problems.... I dont know of anyone who disagrees that our past presidents made mistakes and did dumb, or even wrong things... it does not change the fact that Obama is selling out America at a pace that will soon outdo all the wrongs of all the other presidents combined... he is trying to drive us into a third world country...

how about answering the question... whats so good about Obama?

VOTE AN INCUMBANT OUT OF OFFICE CAMPAIGN 2010 now extended through 2012!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queen of England?
Please, get it right, her correct title is
"'Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Queen of England?
Please, get it right, her correct title is
"'Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'

:lookie: HUH?!?

*scrolls and searches madly for reference to ... the monarch abroad*

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*finally finds it in the op*

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*finally finds it in the op*

LOL

" If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?"

The answer actually is that HM the Q has a very good sense of humour and exactly what do you give the richest woman in the world and who has literally everything?

Latest Discussions