Iado Greetings!

Hope2321

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I'm 21 and I have been practicing Hokushin Shinoh Ryu Iado.
I have also been involved with Arkijutsu, Kali and TKD. So roughly 3 yrs of martial training!
I can say I've stuck with Iado for 8 months now! I've been to Japan and made some awesome friends for many years to come. A dear friend of mine introduced me to this style and ever since it's given me a feeling of being at "home."

I'm still considered white belt as I still need to be used to Iai goshi sitting and made of the basics in Iado. >_<
My main passions lay in discussing philosophy, Martial Arts(especially JMA) and mostly my writing. It is my dream to one day write a book based in Japan around the Meiji period. But for that I need more studies on how a dojo was still running back then and so on! ^_^

Other than that I am happy to chatter away! So fellow Masters, Sensei's and Students don't be shy!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Hope. Always happy to see a fellow student of the sword arts :rei:. Where in the world do you call home?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. You'll find we have a number of very knowledgable JSA practitioners here.

OP
H

Hope2321

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey there!

I call home in Australia! To the rest of you I am happy to be here and looking forward to future discussions!
My knowledge is very limited being a Shodan in Iado but i will do my best :)

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey there!

I call home in Australia! To the rest of you I am happy to be here and looking forward to future discussions!
My knowledge is very limited being a Shodan in Iado but i will do my best :)

And you'll not be sorry :) like I told you this is one of the most knowledge, respectful, and kind forums I've found online. So glad you finally signed up ;)

Latest Discussions