Over training?

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been practising ITF Taekwon-do now for the last 18 months and have progressed pretty fast, I train 6 hours over 3 nights a week with my instructor, and every night after work when I don't have a class that night. I also recently started back at Judo after 2 years out and now I've been asked to start an Iado class with a friend at weekends.

Can there be such a thing as too many arts to learn? My current thinking is that one is a striking art, one a throwing/grappling art, and the other a weapons art. Would it become too confusing? I seem to be fine with TKD/Judo so far...

Indie12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been practising ITF Taekwon-do now for the last 18 months and have progressed pretty fast, I train 6 hours over 3 nights a week with my instructor, and every night after work when I don't have a class that night. I also recently started back at Judo after 2 years out and now I've been asked to start an Iado class with a friend at weekends.

Can there be such a thing as too many arts to learn? My current thinking is that one is a striking art, one a throwing/grappling art, and the other a weapons art. Would it become too confusing? I seem to be fine with TKD/Judo so far...

Sound like me!

I found it best to learn just one Art throughly, and then move on and become familiar with another Art. If you cram too many Arts together, it gets hard to learn each Individual Art, seperately...

And I agree, I think you answered your own question!