I will never be able to accept that Adonis Creed won against Viktor Drago in Creed II

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Say what you want, Adonis Creed did not deserve to win. As a character, as an individual, as anything. I mean, even morally, he holds lower ground, he is literally the "bad guy". He acts like an ******* his first time seeing Viktor, for no reason at all. He doesn't have any idea why he is fighting either!
Viktor trained his whole life for that moment - he was raised in Ukraine his whole life, certainly a less comfortable place than the States, by his father (a boxing machine), both of them dedicating all their time towards this. Viktor literally started from the very bottom; he eats porridge for breakfast, and manual labour as his job.

Let's compare: Adonis is introduced in a juvie setting, but he is found by his mother, and literally spend most of his childhood in a mansion, with a mother, who knows nothing about boxing in compared to Viktor's father. He went on joyride fights in Mexico's underworld, but his scene in the boxing gym with Roy Wheeler, hints that he doesn't even have that much amateur experience! I mean, he has his life made, with what looks like a relatively high paying office job, while Vik is busting his backside in manual labour - even Vik's job constitutes to his training.

I think what irks me the most about this is not the result, but what the result shows - Adonis' talent won out against Viktor's lifetime of hardwork. Even with Viktor's low morale due to his gold-digging mother shouldn't have crushed that. As a person who has never showed any natural talent in anything, this pisses me off the most.

Karate student96

White Belt
Reaction score
You know it ain’t real right and he won because,,,he’s the main character and it was in the script

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes I know it's not real but come on! You guys know this isn't right, and if I could take it up with the writer, I would.
Do I?....frankly I don’t care That much at all....it’s a brainless boxing movie like all the rocky movies....a decent bit of entertainment for a hour or so...but I’m not getting upset over which character won....obviously the main characters going to win....that’s just logic....did you expect him not to?

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Say what you want, Adonis Creed did not deserve to win. As a character, as an individual, as anything. I mean, even morally, he holds lower ground, he is literally the "bad guy". He acts like an ******* his first time seeing Viktor, for no reason at all. He doesn't have any idea why he is fighting either!
Viktor trained his whole life for that moment - he was raised in Ukraine his whole life, certainly a less comfortable place than the States, by his father (a boxing machine), both of them dedicating all their time towards this. Viktor literally started from the very bottom; he eats porridge for breakfast, and manual labour as his job.

Let's compare: Adonis is introduced in a juvie setting, but he is found by his mother, and literally spend most of his childhood in a mansion, with a mother, who knows nothing about boxing in compared to Viktor's father. He went on joyride fights in Mexico's underworld, but his scene in the boxing gym with Roy Wheeler, hints that he doesn't even have that much amateur experience! I mean, he has his life made, with what looks like a relatively high paying office job, while Vik is busting his backside in manual labour - even Vik's job constitutes to his training.

I think what irks me the most about this is not the result, but what the result shows - Adonis' talent won out against Viktor's lifetime of hardwork. Even with Viktor's low morale due to his gold-digging mother shouldn't have crushed that. As a person who has never showed any natural talent in anything, this pisses me off the most.
Dude its a movie, get over it.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes I know it's not real but come on! You guys know this isn't right, and if I could take it up with the writer, I would.
When you make your own movies you can decide what's right and what's wrong, in your movies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

To me, a big part of the plot is seeing that what is not supposed to happen, for all the reasons you listed, can still happen. Happened in the original Balboa/Drago fight and happened again in this fight. A pretty good, albeit cheesy 'overcoming the odds' movie.
The intent is to make you ask yourself "what if". Pretty cool marketing most of the time.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do I?....frankly I don’t care That much at all....it’s a brainless boxing movie like all the rocky movies....a decent bit of entertainment for a hour or so...but I’m not getting upset over which character won./QUOTE]

I just read this and my respect for you dropped faster than Rocky vs. Clubber Lang, the first time.

Of course you're not getting upset. You're just a troll.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do I?....frankly I don’t care That much at all....it’s a brainless boxing movie like all the rocky movies....a decent bit of entertainment for a hour or so...but I’m not getting upset over which character won./QUOTE]

I just read this and my respect for you dropped faster than Rocky vs. Clubber Lang, the first time.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wtf....first learn to use the quote function properly second I don’t care if you respect me or not especially if that respect is based on a movie and third how am I being a troll by saying the obvious,..its only a movie....there’s a lot more things to get upset about in life than the main character winning a fictional boxing match in a movie

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wtf....first learn to use the quote function properly second I don’t care if you respect me or not especially if that respect is based on a movie and third how am I being a troll by saying the obvious,..its only a movie....there’s a lot more things to get upset about in life than the main character winning a fictional boxing match in a movie

"He didn't see Rocky..."

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
To me, a big part of the plot is seeing that what is not supposed to happen, for all the reasons you listed, can still happen. Happened in the original Balboa/Drago fight and happened again in this fight. A pretty good, albeit cheesy 'overcoming the odds' movie.
The intent is to make you ask yourself "what if". Pretty cool marketing most of the time.
Yep just like how Bruce lee can’t really beat up 20 men at once And James Bond can’t run down a tight corridor dodging bullets and killing an entire army by himself. Their movies not documentary’s

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, are you saying that Tatum O'Neill couldn't have pitched an entire season without other players covering at least 1/2 of the innings in route to the Bears' historic rise to the championship game?

We all saw it with our own eyes. How can you deny such an obvious truth?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, are you saying that Tatum O'Neill couldn't have pitched an entire season without other players covering at least 1/2 of the innings in route to the Bears' historic rise to the championship game?

We all saw it with our own eyes. How can you deny such an obvious truth?

Clearly it's also a brainless movie. No heart, and just another scathing indictment of American hypercompetitiveness.

Or not.

Latest Discussions