I will never be able to accept that Adonis Creed won against Viktor Drago in Creed II

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is why Ivan and his son both lost.

Sure, both trained and worked hard. Ivan grew up under Soviet Communism, his son grew up under something even worse. Brigitte Nielsen.

But their HEARTS were never ON FIRE like Apollo Creed's, Rocky Balboa's or Adonis'

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
This is why Ivan and his son both lost.

Sure, both trained and worked hard. Ivan grew up under Soviet Communism, his son grew up under something even worse. Brigitte Nielsen.

But their HEARTS were never ON FIRE like Apollo Creed's, Rocky Balboa's or Adonis'

Viktor's heart was on fire for his father, and disdain for his mother...

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Viktor's heart was on fire for his father, and disdain for his mother...

A vainglorious image of his father, much like Ben Solo's image of Darth Vader, which led to ruin, but ultimately salvation at the hands of a greater fighter than he or his father ever was.

So really, everyone wins something. Adonis, a fight and some closure. Viktor and father, enlightenment. Both of them, inner demons defeated. I don't want to spoil any more but the movie is a father-son masterpiece like few others.

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Say what you want, Adonis Creed did not deserve to win. As a character, as an individual, as anything. I mean, even morally, he holds lower ground, he is literally the "bad guy". He acts like an ******* his first time seeing Viktor, for no reason at all. He doesn't have any idea why he is fighting either!
Viktor trained his whole life for that moment - he was raised in Ukraine his whole life, certainly a less comfortable place than the States, by his father (a boxing machine), both of them dedicating all their time towards this. Viktor literally started from the very bottom; he eats porridge for breakfast, and manual labour as his job.

Let's compare: Adonis is introduced in a juvie setting, but he is found by his mother, and literally spend most of his childhood in a mansion, with a mother, who knows nothing about boxing in compared to Viktor's father. He went on joyride fights in Mexico's underworld, but his scene in the boxing gym with Roy Wheeler, hints that he doesn't even have that much amateur experience! I mean, he has his life made, with what looks like a relatively high paying office job, while Vik is busting his backside in manual labour - even Vik's job constitutes to his training.

I think what irks me the most about this is not the result, but what the result shows - Adonis' talent won out against Viktor's lifetime of hardwork. Even with Viktor's low morale due to his gold-digging mother shouldn't have crushed that. As a person who has never showed any natural talent in anything, this pisses me off the most.
There will always be someone more talented than you. Deal with it and move on. Now keep training so you can be the best you that you can be.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
There will always be someone more talented than you. Deal with it and move on. Now keep training so you can be the best you that you can be.
Yep and the actor needs to have a chat with the writer. Maybe in the next movie he’ll win if he asks nicely

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's keep things friendly, folks... before some Moderator has to step in...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions