& I vs & me; a Pet Peeve...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh, I do myself. LOL

ok yourself do then so me myself do too... although me really could care less :D

89lsi.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I take written grammar in stride, but I have a few that crop up often in spoken conversation. When I'm at a restaurant and the server says, "How are we today?" I hate that. "Are WE ready to order?" It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I'm agitated just typing it out. :)

Another one, and this is admittedly very petty, when I'm ordering coffee and the person says, "Room for cream?" I like room, because I'm clumsy, but I HATE milk. I know rationally that this is an innocent thing, but this irritates the crap out of me. Why not just ask if I'd like a little room? "Sure," I'd reply. But no... "Room... for CREAM???" NOOOOO! Yuck! :D

Oh, and speaking of coffee, when I pull up to the drive thru, it's raining, my window is down and I'm getting water on me and in my car, and the person asks, "How are you doing?" As though I'm at all interested in small talk... "I'll be fine after you take my order." Dumbass...

I think I might have anger issues. :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I take written grammar in stride, but I have a few that crop up often in spoken conversation. When I'm at a restaurant and the server says, "How are we today?" I hate that. "Are WE ready to order?" It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I'm agitated just typing it out. :)

Another one, and this is admittedly very petty, when I'm ordering coffee and the person says, "Room for cream?" I like room, because I'm clumsy, but I HATE milk. I know rationally that this is an innocent thing, but this irritates the crap out of me. Why not just ask if I'd like a little room? "Sure," I'd reply. But no... "Room... for CREAM???" NOOOOO! Yuck! :D

Oh, and speaking of coffee, when I pull up to the drive thru, it's raining, my window is down and I'm getting water on me and in my car, and the person asks, "How are you doing?" As though I'm at all interested in small talk... "I'll be fine after you take my order." Dumbass...

I think I might have anger issues. :)

LOL, you throw people off if you actually answer the way you feel:

How are you today?
Lousy would be bragging, how about you?

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't care how many Presidents have said it, there is no such word as "nucular".

New. Clear. Now say them together. How hard is that?

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
It drives me up a wall when people use 'soandso and I' when the sentence would read 'me' if soandso wasn't coming along...

'You are going to meet Mom and I' when you would say 'You are going to meet me' I am assuming on the corner of Walk and Don't Walk....

My pet peeve is when people mix up 'who' and 'whom'.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
These errors don't bother me as much as people applying the identity rule, "It is what it is," to something they really can't or won't explain.