Dumb Warning Labels

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and sadly, there is a reason for those warning labels....

(actually, the last one is taken very seriously by bird owners: Supposedly birds have been falling of their perches in respratory distress within minutes of the teflon over heating...)

Sometimes I wonder about the story behind labels and announcements like that: I have seen signs in 2 doctor's offices now that warn that 'firearms are not permitted on the premises'

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think it was McDonalds a few years back that had a warning label on their Apple Pie

"Contents becomes hot when heated"

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This one is my favirote, but sadly it is not real

SIGN-HAS-SHARP-EDGES-BRIDGE-OUT.jpg

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it was McDonalds a few years back that had a warning label on their Apple Pie

"Contents becomes hot when heated"

They've been known to also serve coffee hot to unsuspecting customers.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True but it is much harder to put "do not hold cup between legs while driving because the contents may be hot" on a little label :D

I don't know, they have been putting ridiculously long warnings on alcohol and cigarettes for a long time now...

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know, they have been putting ridiculously long warnings on alcohol and cigarettes for a long time now...

True but you can’t spill the cigarettes on you while your reading the warning label and if you spill the alcohol on you while your reading the warning label it won’t burn you… well that is unless it is on the side of the shot glass you happen to be doing flaming shots in… but that is a whole other issue… but put that on a cup of McDonald’s coffee the next thing you know you would need another warning label telling you not to read the warning label or you might burn yourself…which would lead to another and another and another just to cover themselves and eventually you would get a brochure of warning labels with every cup of coffee :uhyeah:

Yes I know I went off the deep end there… but I had fun :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True but you can’t spill the cigarettes on you while your reading the warning label and if you spill the alcohol on you while your reading the warning label it won’t burn you… well that is unless it is on the side of the shot glass you happen to be doing flaming shots in… but that is a whole other issue… but put that on a cup of McDonald’s coffee the next thing you know you would need another warning label telling you not to read the warning label or you might burn yourself…which would lead to another and another and another just to cover themselves and eventually you would get a brochure of warning labels with every cup of coffee :uhyeah:

Yes I know I went off the deep end there… but I had fun :D

Just don't dive: Sadly you are not too far from the truth! :D

("HOT S***, DON'T SPILL" should do the trick, red on a white lid...)

Latest Discussions