I passed my 6th gup test

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
on Saturday and my daughter passed her 4th gup test.

I had to break a board with the back kick. The first time, I missed the board because it was too high. So, I lowered it and wham. It was weird to me. I felt the board break and I heard the board break, but I never saw it happen. I did look over my shoulder to aim.

My daughter had to break her board with a jump front kick. She did great, got it the first time. And she broke it with the ball of her foot, not the toes. Some poor person recently broke a board with their toes doing that kick. Ouch.

I'm really excited. I get to learn Pyung Ahn Sam Dan and, of course, new Ho Sin Sool and Il Soo Sik Deh Ryun as well as new hand strikes and kicks.

When Master R was tying my new green belt on me, he told me that things were going to become more difficult with spins and balance. I do have rotten flat fleet. I hope I can compensate.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Lynne...I'm sure between you and your instructor you will figure something out...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I've heard a few people refer to Pyung Ahn Sam Dan Hyung as the Chicken Dance form because of the techniques done while returning down the center bar.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I've heard a few people refer to Pyung Ahn Sam Dan Hyung as the Chicken Dance form because of the techniques done while returning down the center bar.
Lol. Someone at my dojang mentioned that. They also said they remember a certain move as, "I'm a super hero!" When that person performed it, she reminded me of superman...so I can see how she came up with that.

No doubt about it, it's going to be a very different form for me.

Unfortunately, upnorth doesn't have the video posted. I wanted to see how he performs it.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol. Someone at my dojang mentioned that. They also said they remember a certain move as, "I'm a super hero!" When that person performed it, she reminded me of superman...so I can see how she came up with that.

No doubt about it, it's going to be a very different form for me.

Unfortunately, upnorth doesn't have the video posted. I wanted to see how he performs it.

LOL! Yeah, Superman too. Ask your daughter to play some Soulja Boy Crank Dat when practicing this form then. Hehe

JoelD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, nice job on your break. That was my last one too. I'll be testing for 4th gup in late March. Good luck with Pyung Ahn Sam Dan, it's a nice little form.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Ian Abernethy has cracking Bunkai for those moves, made me look at them in a different light. I prefer the Wado version to the TSD though as there's no leg moves and looks better.

Congratulations Lynne and daughter!!!

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Lynne and to your daughter, And as Graig said, Welcome back to the board.

Tang Soo!!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gratz to you and your daughter.

:partyon:

WOOT!

:partyon:

AWESOME!

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations, nice job on your break. That was my last one too. I'll be testing for 4th gup in late March. Good luck with Pyung Ahn Sam Dan, it's a nice little form.
Hi Joel.

Good luck with your testing for 4th gup. My daughter had to break with the jump front kick. We practiced with a large focus pad and that seemed to help in getting those toes curled back.

Pyung Ahn Sam Dan looks less tricky than Pyung Ahn E Dan. I look forward to the new moves, should be fun.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratz!!!!! to you and your daughter!!!!

Latest Discussions