"We" Passed Today!

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
JT, are you one of Sa Bom Nim C.S. Kim's students? I used to live in Murrysville, PA back when i was in high school and remember seeing his studio in Monroeville. I was going to start training there but chickened out (hey, i was young). Unfortunately, i waited until i was 35 to start my MA training when we started sending my 4 year old (he's almost 6 now). Sheesh, if i woulda just started back then... i would prolly be Ko Dan Ja by now. But hey, better late that never, right?

It's Choong Jae Nim C. S. Kim, but yeah, although indirectly. I go to the Tuesday night black belt classes at Monroeville, but I usually train at the Oakmont school, which is closer to my house.

Yossarian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Lynne, keep up the good work.

Ive got to agree with JT on the Dobohk issue, heavy ones are definately cooler. They sit on you in such a way that more air gets in and they make a louder snap when you punch etc.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Lynne, keep up the good work.

Ive got to agree with JT on the Dobohk issue, heavy ones are definately cooler. They sit on you in such a way that more air gets in and they make a louder snap when you punch etc.

Indeed. And just on top of that, training with a bit of extra weight makes you work all the harder, so when you're not wearing a heavy dobok you'll be able to fight better (or if you're in a lot of clothing during the winter).