Passed My 3rd Gup Test Today

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Someone who's more concerned with not having complaints of possible sexual abuse than teaching properly.

There are times when the only way to get someone to understand a motion is to touch them, and to move them through the motion. You can't always get it across with a "watch me; do it this way" -- you sometimes have to move that hand.

Personally -- I've never seen a kid piss him/herself because they were asked to do something. And if they are going to -- they're too immature to be learning martial arts!

Some of the "teaching kids" stuff Lynne is describing is just weird and bizarre!
We do have little ones - 3 years old, I think. I'm not surprised that 3- and 4-year olds lose control of their bodily functions. They can learn to kick, I've seen them.

We do have a very large school and there are bound to be some litigous persons. You know, I recall one instructor telling me that parents have approached the dojang area because their children were being corrected (they fussed at the instructor). As far as I know, the instructor was just telling the kid to behave or they'd have to sit out. I think I can understand why our Sa Ba Nim doesn't allowed much touching of the children. Maybe the instructors are allowed to touch more so, I don't know.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations, Lynne. Nice job.

Just got to learn the first half of Yuk Ro Cho Dan (Du Mun) myslef the other day, very fun and challenging form. Do you guys do the Yuk Ros? I forget if you ever mentioned as i can only recall you mentioning the Chil Sungs.
Hi Joel,

Yes, we do the Yuk Ro's. I won't be learning Yuk Ro's until I'm black belt. As part of black belt club, we do have to learn the Chil-Sungs. We learned Chil-Sung E first because it's easier. I need to learn the rest of Chil-Sung Il. I will be learning Chil-Sung Sam over the next 6 months (for 3rd gup). It will be challenging but fun!

Latest Discussions