I need help with finding a new fighting stance

Mitlov

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Getting back to the original post, here's an example of someone fusing TKD and kickboxing with a very different resulting style than, say, Superfoot Wallace. Play around with it, see if it works for you.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sigh. Ok, bad analogy, showing off my lack of automotive mechanical knowledge.

I do however stand by my comments that some systems function on a different engine than others do, and that makes them awkward to mix. Not always every single bit of them, but in general.

Not really.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think that's universally true. Much of my defense in grappling starts with making it difficult for them to break structure (prevent the entry), which doesn't depend on being heavy. Once the grappling gets close (they're actually starting technique), heavy is more important.

It is more complicated than that.

Heavy works untill they change direction. And then you have to very quickly be heavy in a new direction to counter that change.

So it is sort of heavy but also light.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is more complicated than that.

Heavy works untill they change direction. And then you have to very quickly be heavy in a new direction to counter that change.

So it is sort of heavy but also light.
Agreed. That's why I said "more important" (meaning more important than it is when entering). Being able to be "heavy" when they try to move you, but still able to move quickly so they can't get out with simple evasive movement.