I’m in for a beating

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been on a hiatus from training with my Sanda Sifu for a few months now; his wife had a baby so we took time off. We were supposed to start back up in November but nothing happened and I will be totally honest here I have not been training my Sanda for about a month now..I am fairly disgusted me with me about that :disgust:…..

He just called me and wants to start training again… I am so doomed and in for such a beating… :EG: IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Please don’t tell him I said that. :anic: :uhyeah:

Time to get of my lazy butt and TRAIN SANDA AGAIN.:bangahead:

Trees beware..... I'm back :EG:

Somehow... and I am not sure how I need to convince him that :lisafault:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
aahhh, the pleasures of relaxing from trainng and the pain of going back.

I know that after the first few welcome backs he will forgive you a little.

be sure to let us know how it goes

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Luck.....have hope, maybe he'll understand about it being Lisa's fault....doesn't seem likely though....

Kennedy_Shogen_Ryu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's find of funny, I just got a call from my instructor who I haven't been able to train with in a couple of months and we got talking and set up a training date. The very last thing he said to me in our conversation was "oh and make sure to bring your sparring gear, don't forget your sparring gear!" I wonder what that could mean.....

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I am sitting here waiting for the phone to ring to give me the appointed time of my…aaa…. training… But I suspect he will wait until next week. He is from WAY north China and it is just not cold enough for him right now to take me out and…aaa… train…

I remember last winter it was 0 degrees and he was saying “Just like home”… strange I was getting beaten then too….

I think it is all part of some sort of Sanda Psychological warfare to keep me on my toes…. DAMN Trees….. I’ll show them for letting me goof off.

It's find of funny, I just got a call from my instructor who I haven't been able to train with in a couple of months and we got talking and set up a training date.

It is nice to know that I am not alone in the hurting that is going to be placed upon me :EG:

The very last thing he said to me in our conversation was "oh and make sure to bring your sparring gear, don't forget your sparring gear!" I wonder what that could mean.....

And I kind of wish my Sifu had said that.... it would mean I was getting less of a beating.

And the story I am sticking with is :lisafault:

Seriously I am looking forwrd to getting back to training and I REALLY want to get started again.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Somehow... and I am not sure how I need to convince him that :lisafault:

And the story I am sticking with is :lisafault:

Seriously I am looking forwrd to getting back to training and I REALLY want to get started again.

I seem to be seeing a theme...:uhyeah:

If you want, I can write you a note to the teacher. :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I seem to be seeing a theme...:uhyeah:

If you want, I can write you a note to the teacher. :D

Actually yes.

And could you give it to him personally it would go a long way in me being able to convince him it is after all you fault. As well as give me time to assess his feelings on it to see exactly HOW much pain I will be in later.

But now that I think about it…. This may just make it worse… Let me get back to you….

But at this point :lisafault:is still what I am going with

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and the trees chuckle....

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
and the trees chuckle....

Yeah, it's been awhile, they don't have the fear they once had

Not only that but one of them has taken up residence in my house. It has tried to disguise it self with multicolored lights and shinny ornaments but it CAN’T fool me I KNOW it’s a tree

I have been away too long, I Must once again strike fear into their hearts...or....um..... bark that it....Strike fear into their bark

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not only that but one of them has taken up residence in my house. It has tried to disguise it self with multicolored lights and shinny ornaments but it CAN’T fool me I KNOW it’s a tree

I have been away too long, I Must once again strike fear into their hearts...or....um..... bark that it....Strike fear into their bark

Now that's just disrespectful, a ninja tree in Xue's house, spying on him. I think you should use it to dispense misinformation and then, at the appropriate time, send it through a shredder

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually yes.

And could you give it to him personally it would go a long way in me being able to convince him it is after all you fault. As well as give me time to assess his feelings on it to see exactly HOW much pain I will be in later.

But now that I think about it…. This may just make it worse… Let me get back to you….

But at this point :lisafault:is still what I am going with

I will gladly give it to him in person. Along with a copy of this thread showing him how you are making up excuses NOT to train with him. I am sure he is a sensitive teacher and will understanding your whining and not take it out on you at all.

I would do that for you Xue...its just the kind of girl I am....:EG:.....err.. I mean....:angel:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Now that's just disrespectful, a ninja tree in Xue's house, spying on him. I think you should use it to dispense misinformation and then, at the appropriate time, send it through a shredder

I would but it has also managed to endear itself to my family so I will wait until after New Years and when it least expects it BEAT into submission and throw it to the curb... possibly a shredder... I am not sure yet

I will gladly give it to him in person. Along with a copy of this thread showing him how you are making up excuses NOT to train with him. I am sure he is a sensitive teacher and will understanding your whining and not take it out on you at all.

I would do that for you Xue...its just the kind of girl I am....:EG:.....err.. I mean....:angel:

Now you see that WOULD make it worse but it would prove beyond any doubt that :lisafault: or at least the beating I recieved would be.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
DAMN Office :rpo:

Just another reason to really hate my job

:soapbox:

Today people did not show up… ok it’s the day after Christmas so I guess we can cut them some slack….. OK those that did show up 1 has a scheduled dentist appointment in the middle of the day and the other has decided to take an EARLY lunch that will also be EXTENDED to 2 hours.

OK, feeling unusually kind (this has always come back to haunt me by the way and you wuold think I wold have learned by now :disgust:) I have no problem with any of this and say sure go ahead why not.

The phone rings and my Sanda Sifu wanted to meet for lunch and TRAIN.:duh:

But I CAN’T go because EVERBODY IS GONE….. :cuss:

I am NOT happy… not one bit…:flammad:

I have been feeling a bit of the mediocrity of training the past few days and THIS would have been PERFECT….. I have said it before and I will likely say it again…. My job gets in the way of training.

I hate my job :banghead:

I thought this would help but now all it makes me want to do is look at many of the people in my office as trees. :boxing:

Later

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! :headbangin::highfive::boing1:

Well I am off to get hurt, :EG: my sifu and I have finally matched schedules and it is in the middle of the work day so I am off to take a beating and come back to see if I can still type... hell I am hoping I can still walk

Talk later....maybe

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well that didn’t go well... and if I want to continue I need to kick it up a notch…actually several notches.

If anyone has ever trained a Chinese martial art (hard style) with a very traditional type teacher this might come as no surprise to you. And even though this is a non-traditional CMA he has a whole lot of traditional views when it comes to training and martial arts.

I am apparently not training hard enough and if I am going to be serious about training Sanda I need to train more, much more, meaning 300 to 600 kicks (per leg) and 300 to 600 strikes (per arm) per day for starters, 600 is better and no I am not making this up and yes he is talking about hitting a tree with the hand strikes.

Now I see why he was so concerned about me training 3 CMA styles and not being able to figure out how I could do that and do the training justice if I was a beginner at 2 of them. I have the apps down I was shown but he is not happy with my progress or my lack of training while he was on hiatus due to his family expanding and other issues as well.

I am not all that sore right now, physically, but I am going to give the hundreds of kicks and strikes a try tonight, on a heavy bag, to see how many I can do before parts start falling off.

Back… waaaaaay back before I was married and a dad I use to do about 200 kicks (total) a day and an untold number of hand and elbow strikes and then forms bbut I have not had the time to do all that of late, but I suppose I am just making excuses... who needs sleep anyway.

I guess I am going to see how bad off this old guy is tonight. Hey at least there will be no fooling myself about my Sanda CMA level (or lack thereof) after this now will there. And another good thing, it is Friday so who cares if I can’t move tomorrow…

EDIT
I just reread and as I was thnking about what he said I realized I need to make a correction he said 300 per leg per day for a total of 600, not 600 per leg for a total of 1200.

Latest Discussions