I hurt myself again

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am in fear rigth now. Last monday I was a little blue, that day wa sone of these days one feels depresed (emotionally) and went to dojang to shake off the bad feeling, I assisted my sambonim with the peewes and then proced to train with the teens, the class went very good, very cardio but I hurt my feet again. The next day my feet soles felt like I had run a marathon, with so much disconfort and swollen so basically tuesday and thursday class (the class I teach) I tried to not overcharge my feet so only teach the techs and put the students to work keeping an eye on them.

I had to put on the madical insoles in my shoes again and well I am a little desapointed, it seems to me tha I must keep my working outs (TKD) easy and without asking so much to my feet if I want to keep on TKD mat.

The fasitis plantar was almost forgotten but it seems it's going to be with me forever!

I will have to use the TKD shoes again (I will ned to buy another pair) with the insoles and that su....s I don't like to be inside dojang with shoes, I am to used to do it bare feet.

Getting old it's something I don't get used to.

Manny

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, Manny. I had a bout with Plantar's Fascitis some time ago, but it fortunately went away. It may have been related to the fact that I lost a lot of weight, or not. I hope yours goes away too.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, Manny. I had a bout with Plantar's Fascitis some time ago, but it fortunately went away. It may have been related to the fact that I lost a lot of weight, or not. I hope yours goes away too.

Yes Matt I need to loose some more bacon, so I will eat more vegetables. Something I have noticed over time is that if don't push the limits into training the problems is none, but if I for example I train with the kids and teens where the exercise requirement is high I suffer from my feet, another example is if I do pomsae for more than a n hour my feet suffer, if I do pure kicking drills using turning and jumping kicks my feet suffer.

Also I can not remain stand up for more than two or three hours, I mean, when I get withg the other senseis once a month tha class takes not less then 3-4 hours so been standing thet time is not good for me.

Manny

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny, getting older really does have its' challenges. Hopefully we get some wisdom to go along with the age, allowing us to tailor our training to fit with our challenges. I hope your condition improves so that you may do what you want to do.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manny, one of the things you no doubt know by this time is that treatment is anti-inflamatories. You might consider a dose before a hard workout, as well as a couple doses over the next day or so. Prevent the inflamation rather than try to deal with it after the pain starts.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny, one of the things you no doubt know by this time is that treatment is anti-inflamatories. You might consider a dose before a hard workout, as well as a couple doses over the next day or so. Prevent the inflamation rather than try to deal with it after the pain starts.

Diclorofenaco + paracetamol?

If I recall the fisrt is an antinflamatory and the second is for the pain.

Manny

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diclorofenaco + paracetamol?

If I recall the fisrt is an antinflamatory and the second is for the pain.

Manny

Diclorofenaco is a fairly good antiinflamatory, although I personally prefer naproxen sodium, if it's available in your part of the world (I suspect it is). Paracetamol is what US readers will recognise as tylenol. It's excellent for fever, fair for pain, but does nothing for inflamation.
I'd use diclorofenaco OR naproxen sodium (not both, because that leads to bleeding risks and excessive strain on the kidneys) primarily, and if that fails then talk to your health care provider about trying something a little stronger. My preference would be celebrex, simply because it's primarily a cox-2 inhibitor, which means less bleeding risk (and less bruising, for us...). Also, be aware that you feet will stop hurting BEFORE the tiny injuries to the tissue are totally healed. You need to continue treatment for a week or so after the pain stops, including wearing the insoles.

Last edited:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had to put on the madical insoles in my shoes again and well I am a little desapointed, it seems to me tha I must keep my working outs (TKD) easy and without asking so much to my feet if I want to keep on TKD mat.

Plantar fasciitis is a tough one--but the right shoes should help. Check with a podiatrist if it doesn't get better soon!

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been dealing with this for almost a year. I've only got it in one foot. At its worst, I couldn't walk for about 3 days. I had to hop on one foot to the bathroom. I can practice on it now, but I haven't tried to go every day. I think I would aggravate it.