I got my black belt!!!!!

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I took my test anyway even though I am injured and I passed! I wrapped my leg real good and I was even able to run. 10:00 until 4 :00. It was so strenuous but invigorating. I have big bruising already from wrestling but I don/t care. I am so happy. I was determined to test even with an iinjury. Im so proud of myself. My leg hurt so bad at times but black belt is all about attitude and not giving up.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rachel, congratulations!!

Doesn't it feel good to know you could still do it, even under less than ideal circumstances?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rachel, that is absolutely great to hear. I know from posting with you for the past couple of years that it hasn't been an easy road to travel. That just makes it all the sweeter to reach this particular way point. Now, you can really start learning the fine points of the techniques with out having to worry about getting that next color belt.
:partyon:

and this is for testing while injured (even though you got lucky and didn't screw things up worse than they already were) :whip:

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, Rachel

Sometimes I compare the study of the martial arts to being like the old-time prospectors. We look and look, did and dig until we discover the gold we're looking for. Now as a black belt you'll go back into the mine and discover the
precious gems you overlooked before.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

K

Kempogeek

rachel said:
I took my test anyway even though I am injured and I passed! I wrapped my leg real good and I was even able to run. 10:00 until 4 :00. It was so strenuous but invigorating. I have big bruising already from wrestling but I don/t care. I am so happy. I was determined to test even with an iinjury. Im so proud of myself. My leg hurt so bad at times but black belt is all about attitude and not giving up.
That's awesome Miss Rachel!!! 2 BIG THUMBS UP!!! Everyone as well as myself are very proud of you! You definately have the heart of a warrior. I only hope that if I ever get to my BB test, I can be have the strength and determnation that you have. Well deserved indeed!! Enjoy the fruits of your hard work! Continued success!!.......Steve

Big Pat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations !!

It shows a real strength of character to complete this part of your Kenpo journey. Please take the time to let your leg to heal properly. Best of luck for you.

EKP RIP
Big Pat

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats Rachel, glad you tuffed it out and went for it. Now take care of your leg!!! (probably didn't need to say ;) ) TW

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate it! I see the orthopaedic surgeon again on tuesday. Hell probably chew me out but hey it will be worth it!

G

Gary Crawford

Congratulations!! Now you are a member of "the club" and no one will ever take that away from you EVER!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rachel there was never a doubt about your test I'm so happy for you and believe me when I say training has just begun so get back in there in train.

Terry L Stoker
Twin Dragons MAS :bow: :supcool: :uhyeah: :samurai: :ninja: :ninja: :btg: :btg: :cheers: :cheers: :yinyang:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats on passing your test. Now the real fun begins. I bow very deeply to your showing of perseverance. You have shown that you truly have the qualities that will make you a great BB.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new rank!! Keep up the good work! :partyon:

Mike

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Congratulations and Kudos! You will sleep well tonight (probably with your belt under your pillow ;))

-Michael
No way - I bet 10 bucks she doesn't take the belt off for at least a week. hehe.

congrats, thats totally awesome!