The Instructors:

Master Ahati "Kilindi" Iyi: African Martial Arts
Mestre Dennis Newsome: Capoeira - Angola
Master Graciella Casillas: Filipino Knife & Stick Science
Master Rick Suskind: Bando - Cobra System
Maha Guru Cliff Stewart: LA Kilat Pukulan Pencak Silat
Guru Thomas Lomax: LA Kilat Pukulan Pencak Silat
Guru Tony Felix: Wali Songo Silat
Dr. Ron Chapél: Ed Parker SL-4 Kenpo(Sunday)

Camp Schedule:

Friday June 10, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Master's Symposium
Saturday June 11, 7:30 AM: Camp Registration
Saturday June 11, 8:30 - 5:30 PM: Camp Seminars
Sunday June 12, 7:30 AM: Camp Registration
Sunday June 12, 8:30 - 5:30 PM: Camp Seminars

More info:
http://www.cliffstewart.com/

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate seeing Kenpo/Kempo/Kaju folks expanding their knowledge. I couldn't make it as I was out of town (however, I did get to train with extremely talented Kajukenboists in Chicago). How did the event go?

Thanks!

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Evans said:
I appreciate seeing Kenpo/Kempo/Kaju folks expanding their knowledge. I couldn't make it as I was out of town (however, I did get to train with extremely talented Kajukenboists in Chicago). How did the event go?

Thanks!
It was great. There was great diversity in style and philosophy, but we all co-existed for the weekend with a healthy respect for everyones point of view and expertise. The Kenpo in attendance was exemplary and held up their end in executing the information of the different instrctors, and gained some new respect from everyone. The instructors were literally from all over including several from Europe. All were great.

After the awards presentations at the end of the day on Sunday, we had the usual food fest and continued to exchange ideas and information until everyone was stuffed.

Unfortunately much later on before the evening was over, the conversations degenerated into a disagreement over which movie would be better. "Batman Begins," or "Fantastic Four." The group seemed to be evenly divided between the two and no one seemed to be willing to budge from their perspective.

We argued so much that everyone became hungry again and we had to send some students out to "In & Out" to replenish the food supply. "Double Doubles for eveyone!" was the cry and after nearly overdosing, I drove myself home and passed out mumbling something about "Flame on!"

I suspect the "Camp of the Masters III" next year will be even bigger, and by then the big question of the day should have resolved itself.

Latest Discussions