I got my black belt!!!!!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations,
Testing through an injury and passing...
Totally awesome:asian:

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, Ma'am--WooHoo!! :partyon: :asian: :partyon: :cheers: You should be very proud of yourself. :supcool: Glad to hear you're taking care of the leg. I salute you!

Oss,
Gin-Gin :asian:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Your right, your doctor probably won't understand, but we all do. Way to go! :asian:

Take care of the leg.

K

Kempogeek

rachel said:
Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate it! I see the orthopaedic surgeon again on tuesday. Hell probably chew me out but hey it will be worth it!
Hi Miss Rachel. I hope everything went well and nothing major showed up that will keep you from training for a long period of time. Good luck and keep up posted.....All the best, Steve

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
No way - I bet 10 bucks she doesn't take the belt off for at least a week. hehe.

congrats, thats totally awesome!

I wore mine to sleep that night. Rachel, congratulations. You will likely look back fondly on this day as a major milestone and perhaps turning point in your life. All the other forthcoming tests are just degrees of what you earned today. :asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations, Rachel!!!! It's tough, but you made it!!! Now, that is a worthy achievement!

Take care of yourself (your leg) as your body is the only one you've got....

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $Bouncing Cool.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 169

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rachel said:
I took my test anyway even though I am injured and I passed! I wrapped my leg real good and I was even able to run. 10:00 until 4 :00. It was so strenuous but invigorating. I have big bruising already from wrestling but I don/t care. I am so happy. I was determined to test even with an iinjury. Im so proud of myself. My leg hurt so bad at times but black belt is all about attitude and not giving up.
Congratulations! The lessons learned about perseverance and discipline will affect every day of your life for the better. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. What's that saying? ... be a light, not a judge. Meaning, an example rather than a critic. Now you are an example to the lower ranks as well as your fellow Black Belts.

gakusei

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congrats. Sounds like you definately have the right attitude.

gmkuoha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well congratulations and now your learning and training really starts. You have now mastered the basics so now you will have to train twice as hard. Keep up the good work and many good things will happen!
Grandmaster Kuoha
Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo Karate
Professor Chow's system

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rachel said:
I took my test anyway even though I am injured and I passed! I wrapped my leg real good and I was even able to run. 10:00 until 4 :00. It was so strenuous but invigorating. I have big bruising already from wrestling but I don/t care. I am so happy. I was determined to test even with an iinjury. Im so proud of myself. My leg hurt so bad at times but black belt is all about attitude and not giving up.

Congratulations. Your presence is missed at Martial Talk. Hope to see you online again soon.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
her account is closed, didnt you notice?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sam said:
her account is closed, didnt you notice?

Yes, I did. Sometimes old members lurk and reactivate their accounts. I'm hoping she'll be one of them as I miss her contributions.

Latest Discussions