I finally built it!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cool. Thx. I didn't know the gerk jong was taught in that lineage. Did you learn it from your two sifu's?
LT taught drills to work on the "tripodal dummy" (as he called it) when I was with him, but insisted that there was no specific form for it in the Yip Man lineage, at least when GM Yip was alive.

Yak did you learn otherwise?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
LT taught drills to work on the "tripodal dummy" (as he called it) when I was with him, but insisted that there was no specific form for it in the Yip Man lineage, at least when GM Yip was alive.

I had no idea what that was and had to look it up, interesting, thanks for posting it.

now I will get out of the way, sorry for interrupting

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
How did you get all that old barn wood?

There's a saw mill about 20 miles from my house where I was able to buy rough cut lumber. And some of it actually came from an old barn that was being torn down near my house.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool. Thx. I didn't know the gerk jong was taught in that lineage. Did you learn it from your two sifu's?

As far as I know, Emin doesn't teach it. At least I didn't learn it from him. Sifu Fong learned it from Leung Ting.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

Same here, just drills.

Latest Discussions