I can't believe some of the stuff he says

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The whole "we are so oppressed routine, you hate Christians and love Muslims" is a massive pile of projection and fail.

LOL. You are right. What was I thinking, reading what is actually posted instead of agreeing with your assessment of it.

Oh wait, yeah, I can read for myself and don't subscribe to mindless lib groupthink.

OOH, teh Zombiez FTW! (look, I can use pointless LOLSPEAK too, Neat!)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But ok, seriously, outside of me being a sarcastic dick for a moment.

Despite your claim that its weak whining, the fact remains that you can find a number of examples here on MT where someone will post somthing along the lines of "Local Church is Forced to Remove Nativity" or what have you and people will complain, and someone like Jdenver will say just what he said in the thread I referenced, about how Christians deserve it because of how they treat everyone,but then someone else will come along and complain about Muslims blocking access to elevators because they have to Pray, and the same poster who said "Ha! Screw those christians" will stand up on his soapbox and attack the person for "Hating Muslims."

The examples ARE here if you care to look.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1.2 billion Muslims live on this planet. If they all wanted Sharia law, they'd have it. There are certainly Muslims who want what he wants, just as there are Christians who likewise want to live in a theocracy. They don't speak for me, why would I assume this man speaks for "all Islam?"

In any case, say you're right. What do you propose we do
about it? You speak of our inability to see the problem; OK, so what is the solution?

Because the countries where they are the majority and hold political power are such beacons of democracy and human rights?

I know he speaks for a more extreme element of Islam, however, in the absnse of strong condemnation of those views by more moderate Muslims, one must assume aquiesence. IOW, there is a minority that puts out those views, and a majority that agree, but are silent about it.

We need to isolate, politically and economically, countries that espouse those views. We need to deport non-citizens that spew that venom. We need to actively encourage and support Muslims that hold moderate views that are compatible with our way of life.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because the countries where they are the majority and hold political power are such beacons of democracy and human rights?

Democracy and human rights are not exactly the model for the rest of the world outside of the 'West', regardless of the percentage of Christians or Muslims living in it, I'd say.

And as to your assertion that Muslim majority countries are not democratic and not observers of human rights:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_majority_countries

Some are, some aren't. Hardly universal.

I know he speaks for a more extreme element of Islam, however, in the absnse of strong condemnation of those views by more moderate Muslims, one must assume aquiesence. IOW, there is a minority that puts out those views, and a majority that agree, but are silent about it.

Two logical fallacies here. First, just because you don't hear the 'strong condemnation' you seek does not mean it is not present. Second, silence does not mean consent.

We need to isolate, politically and economically, countries that espouse those views.

I have no problem with that from a conceptual point of view, but I doubt it can be achieved from a reality-based point of view. We are dependent upon the Middle East for oil, for example. Despite numerous calls to change that, we haven't.

We need to deport non-citizens that spew that venom.

In other words, the Bill of Rights only applies to citizens, not to legal resident aliens? I'd have to take a stand against that concept.

And try to remember, what's venom to you isn't venom to someone else. And what you consider patriotic speech today might be venom to someone else tomorrow. Once you begin to silence people for what they say by chucking them out of the country, you open the door to a never-ending stream of demands that this person and that person be silenced. Sooner or later, it's your favorite point of view on the chopping block.

We need to actively encourage and support Muslims that hold moderate views that are compatible with our way of life.

http://tiny.cc/czdp8

Scary, dangerous, and wrong. From the late 1800's to the early 1920's, German Jews were encouraged to assimilate into German culture, to embrace the German lifestyle, language, and customs. To a large extent, they did. Fat lot of good it did them.

Latest Discussions