I am not certified by Kukiwon

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know they sell DVD's, but those are available to anybody. I'm talking about access to stuff because I'm a member of the club. I'm talking about access to relevant training materials and research to improve how I teach what I teach. There's lots of things the Kukkiwon could do...but they don't.

Peace,
Erik

Such as? What in particular are you looking for?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Such as? What in particular are you looking for?
How about something along th elines of a professional publication...a journal if you will (not TKD TIMES). How about a more well thought out curriculum that includes Boon Hae of the Taegukl forms (not the basic block/kick combos of oen or two moves out of a select few forms that is currently on the website). How about information on student development and pedagogy...so that as an instructor I can evaluate and train students better? How about training drills?

these are just a few things I'd like to see from the kukkiwon (or some other unified TKD association). A large org liek the Kukkiwon has the resources to do all of those things and more. Things that woudl truly benefit and promote TKD as an art form. Right now we send them lots of money and they send us certificates. At least, that how it feels to this humble practitioner at this end of the dojang.

Peace,
Erik

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How about something along th elines of a professional publication...a journal if you will (not TKD TIMES). How about a more well thought out curriculum that includes Boon Hae of the Taegukl forms (not the basic block/kick combos of oen or two moves out of a select few forms that is currently on the website). How about information on student development and pedagogy...so that as an instructor I can evaluate and train students better? How about training drills?

these are just a few things I'd like to see from the kukkiwon (or some other unified TKD association). A large org liek the Kukkiwon has the resources to do all of those things and more. Things that woudl truly benefit and promote TKD as an art form. Right now we send them lots of money and they send us certificates. At least, that how it feels to this humble practitioner at this end of the dojang.

Peace,
Erik

Those are some great ideas. I honestly don't know if KKW has that type of material, but I will ask around and see. If not...let's start working on one. :)

Latest Discussions