How to flow out of a pinned hand.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you do pull it off and the other guy cried foul for it not being wing chun. I think that is more of a case of salty panties. Rather than a system breaking ethic.
Salty Panties??? Never heard that before. Sounds really awful. Worse than sandy underpants. If I had salty panties I'd be very grumpy indeed!

...So is that where the current American term "salty" comes from? My son uses that all the time to describe me.

And I disagree with the analogy. If say I spoke English but wanted to use the word chi sau to convey an idea. I should have to learn Chinese to do it.
I don't get what you are saying. I was just using learning languages as a metaphor for learning different martial arts. I certainly don't think its necessary to learn Cantonese (beyond basic terminology) to be proficient in Wing Chun or to have to learn Korean to do TKD. Do all BJJ guys have to speak fluent Brazilian Portuguese? That would be a stretch.

Heck, next you'll tell me I have to learn Aussie!!! :p

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's talk about the CMA principle 來留去送 if you come, I'll keep you. if you go, I'll follow you.

1. Your opponent uses left arm to push up your right arm, and uses right arm to press down your left arm (separate hands).
2. He then use his right arm to take over his left hand control, and free his left arm (switch hands).

During step 2, if your left hand can follow his right arm (stick/follow), and push his right elbow to your right, and spin your body to your right (let your opponent's right arm to push into the thin air), you will have a perfect skill demonstration video - 來留去送 if you come, I'll keep you. if you go, I'll follow you.
its a bit confusing what your saying I have to see an example of it.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
its a bit confusing what your saying I have to see an example of it.
Form 0.01 - 0.03, your opponent's right arm touched on your left arm, and your left arm tried to control his right arm (you come. I'll keep you). At 0.04, his right arm moved away from your left arm, but your left arm did not follow/control his right arm (you leave, I'll follow).

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, just goes to show that size DOES matter. That is a big, stout and aggressive snake. Probably a Northern Diamondback Watersnake:

1638757084696.png

And BTW the Crane succeeded in defending itself. Now if the crane were bigger and the snake smaller, it might have gone like this:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, just goes to show that size DOES matter. That is a big, stout and aggressive snake. Probably a Northern Diamondback Watersnake:

View attachment 27693

And BTW the Crane succeeded in defending itself. Now if the crane were bigger and the snake smaller, it might have gone like this:
Thst isn’t a crane in the first video, the one with the fight with the snake in the water. Looks like some kind of egret or something.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Form 0.01 - 0.03, your opponent's right arm touched on your left arm, and your left arm tried to control his right arm (you come. I'll keep you). At 0.04, his right arm moved away from your left arm, but your left arm did not follow/control his right arm (you leave, I'll follow).

Why should I follow that poem..am free to do what I like..

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thst isn’t a crane in the first video, the one with the fight with the snake in the water. Looks like some kind of egret or something.
Heron vs. Crane, same stuff different day.

I still prefer Kangaroo fu to these smaller fights.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I still prefer Kangaroo fu to these smaller fights.
Kangaroo fu? Well, a Kangaroo tail would be really awesome for a WC guy. Then you could lean back on your tail and do two legged chi-gurk just like chi sheung sau or poon sau. And for sparring? Wow! :p

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kangaroo fu? Well, a Kangaroo tail would be really awesome for a WC guy. Then you could lean back on your tail and do two legged chi-gurk just like chi sheung sau or poon sau. And for sparring? Wow! :p
Kangaroos are some of the most lethal kickboxing animals, and there aren't that many of those.

And they actually do look a little like Wing Chun Youtube fight videos, don't they. The difference is the kangaroos clearly know what they're doing, especially the one with better muscle tone than me.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hear cassowaries are pretty dangerous kickers. I guess if you encounter one in the wild, you put your knapsack on front to protect your torso. They kick, and will eviscerate you with their talons.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why should I follow that poem..am free to do what I like..
Because you don't want your opponent's left arm to be free (you think 1 step ahead). Your opponent tries to use his right arm to free his left arm so his left arm can

- go behind your waist (as shown in your clip),
- grab your right leg (better follow up),

If you just push on your opponent's right elbow to use his right arm to jam his left arm, you will free your right arm while both of his arms have no threaten to you.

It's not easy to have a chance to use your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm. In your clip, he gives you that opportunity, and you should take it. When you do that, your right arm is already free.

In other words, your main concern should be his left free arm and not his right arm that left your right arm up.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hear cassowaries are pretty dangerous kickers. I guess if you encounter one in the wild, you put your knapsack on front to protect your torso. They kick, and will eviscerate you with their talons.

They are not that bad.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Because you don't want your opponent's left arm to be free (you think 1 step ahead). Your opponent tries to use his right arm to free his left arm so his left arm can

- go behind your waist (as shown in your clip),
- grab your right leg (better follow up),

If you just push on your opponent's right elbow to use his right arm to jam his left arm, you will free your right arm while both of his arms have no threaten to you.

It's not easy to have a chance to use your opponent's leading arm to jam his own back arm. In your clip, he gives you that opportunity, and you should take it. When you do that, your right arm is already free.

In other words, your main concern should be his left free arm and not his right arm that left your right arm up.
Yes I understand what your saying but it's only a Demo no need for me to worry about what he might do..I already know what he's going to do..

Latest Discussions