Pin Sun Wing Chun Level 1

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
What is “rope hands”?

Rope hand, or sook sau, is one of the signature techniques of Bak Mei. I think every form has at least two sook sau in it. Nine steps push has, wait... six or seven of those in it! And it's a decently short form!

Here's a video:

Reactions: KPM

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rope hand, or sook sau, is one of the signature techniques of Bak Mei. I think every form has at least two sook sau in it. Nine steps push has, wait... six or seven of those in it! And it's a decently short form!

Here's a video:

So, in WC terms...it looks like lop sau & jut sau

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with WC jargon and orthography... Laap (拉/pull) and Jyut (?), I guess?

This should be the expression:

Also, either of the pulling hands should be available for punch in the rebound as instantly as possible.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

Here's a video

That two-hand grab and pull is called "Lung Na" or "Dragon Grab" in Pin Sun. There is an entire set devoted to it with its own 2 man training. :) I will be putting up a video of it at some point when I get around to posting the 2nd level training.

cwk

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First post in years-
We call it ‘lit sao’, it’s one of our 13 hands. You can see Ku (choi Wah)Sifu doing it in the Cho Gar clips posted. Very useful technique and doesn’t always have to be a pull.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess you guys saw that I have been ousted from the Boston Pin Sun family for posting youtube videos. But what do you guys think? Is that legit? Or should I keep sharing videos?

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I guess you guys saw that I have been ousted from the Boston Pin Sun family for posting youtube videos. But what do you guys think? Is that legit? Or should I keep sharing videos?

I for one have found the stuff you've been posting to be useful and insightful. I say keep posting.

If PSWC guys don't want their stuff on YT, and what you're teaching isn't TEH REAL PSWC, then what's the problem? ;)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Ousted" ....ooooh. Sounds painful. :confused:

Anyway, I thought you were already done with that bunch. They were accusing you of trying to misrepresent yourself as some kind of master of their system when you were doing nothing of the sort. They never even got that you are training "WC-Boxing", drawing on your varied WC experiences (Fong's WC, Cheung's TWC, Pin Sun, etc.) as well as Western boxing, and maybe some historical Western bare-knuckle pugilism (?).

Personally, I thought they came off like another group of "true-believers" spouting off about lineage, authenticity, etc. etc. Been there, done that myself. Wouldn't go back even if I could. ;)

Latest Discussions