How many uniforms do you wear in a week?

How many uniforms do you wear in a week?

• One (and I wash it daily)

• Two & I alternate them

• Three

• Four or more that I wear in a week

Results are only viewable after voting.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how many dobok you wear in a week. Do you use the same one for a week & wash it daily (or not)? Do you have several that you wear during the week? I especially interested in use for instructors who teach regularly &/or own a school.

For me, I have one that I wash after each class.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wear atleast four different one or should say makers of dobooks, I can not stand to wear the same uniform for more than one day, the sweet and dirt how can you

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with terry. I teach 6 classes a week and have separate uniforms and sparring gear for all of them. It's one thing to get sweaty but then to put your wet gear back on for the next class, yuck. the uniforms though are all of the same brand and look identical to each other.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least three when I'm training full-time...I sweat alot. :)

Peace,
Erik

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wear three generally and alternate them throughout the week (5 days of training/teaching). Classes with a lot of sweat is different story, I'll never put on a wet or wrinkled uniform. However, I really do not sweat much at all (could be because, except for a few sips of water during classes, coca-cola is my ONLY source of hydration....something I am really trying to work on!)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wear 2 and alternate. After one is worn twice, it gets washed.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have three (well actually four) uniforms. I take two martial arts, so for one style, I use two uniforms (and a third very old one as a back up). For the second style, I have only one uniform.

- Ceicei

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I usually go through 2-3 pairs of pants and 4-5 t-shirts in a week.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a large number of Dobak/Gi and I try to rotate them around. I have different uniforms for if I am teaching or learning, sparring or forms or self-defense. It all depends on what I am doing in the class. If a uniform smells I can't stand it and then there is that whole yellow stain thing. Both of them gross me out.

dsuh86

White Belt
Reaction score
I have 2 uniforms. I switch everyday. I usually wash it every workout if it's full of sweat. If I'm teaching, I just wear the same uniform until it gets dirty.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 2 uniforms. I switch everyday. I usually wash it every workout if it's full of sweat. If I'm teaching, I just wear the same uniform until it gets dirty.

Me too - and given my schedule, I tend to teach more than work out, so I usually wear the same one until I do laundry on Sunday, although I do have a spare ready if I need it.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have two gi`s and an older one as backup. I hang them up to air between classes and wash them after two uses. If doing a lot of instructing I`ll sometimes stretch it to three.

Most people I know only has one. Instructors tend to have two, three or four.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have 4 (3 TKD, 1 judo gi). But as of late, I use only two. I train 2 days a week, so I wear my 2 best uniforms for class (the 2 newest ones).

When I trained at the main dojang, I used all 4. I trained in TKD 3 days a week, and jujitsu once per week.

I NEVER wear the same uniform twice. I sweat really bad for a female, so I will NOT put a sweaty uniform back on ... YUCK! They get tossed in the basket for washing after every class. I usually make sure I have enough doboks for the whole week, then wash them at the end of the week.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have lots of uniforms (now 8), but I only have one that currently fits so I wear it both training sessions in a week, but wash it between (being as large as I am, I sweat buckets and couldn't think of wearing it twice without washing it - yuck!).

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have 14 doboks. I guess I'm the Imelda Marcos of doboks. :) I wear 4 each week, but usually they are the same 4 though I rotate some of the others in on occasion.

Miles

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've got two full dobaks and an extra pair of pants. Mine are always clean when I go to class. My instructor will let us wear a t-shirt with dobak pants as long as it isn't a test but I haven't done that yet.

I think if someone shows up with a smelly uniform he should be sent home.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I only have one at the moment, I train once or twice a week and don't sweat a lot, in fact I hardly sweat at all... I'm odd I think. I wash my Dobuk whenever it gets dirty, as I wear a T-Shirt underneath it, it doesn't really get smelly it gets more dirty from the dirt off the floor when we do warms ups and fitness excersices. (Oh yea and when I fall over)

bushi jon

Green Belt
Reaction score
If i do change it its because it smells I have 14 gis all them at least 4 years old or older.I hand wash them with mild soap

Latest Discussions