TKD Dobaks

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have a great store called Lang Son Traders in Arlington Texas on Abrams street and then there is always Tekno out in Wautagua and there J-3 is probaly the best as far as comfort goes. lLet me know if I can help I'm in Arlington myself.

Thanks a lot for the info! ^^

Do u know if those stores sell bigger sizes? Because I've been looking in internet for Mooto, Adidas, etc but they always offer just sizes 4, 5 and 6, and my husband is 7.

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have a great store called Lang Son Traders in Arlington Texas on Abrams street and then there is always Tekno out in Wautagua and there J-3 is probaly the best as far as comfort goes. lLet me know if I can help I'm in Arlington myself.

A few members of my sparring team wear Tekno. They're very nice dobok.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Do u know if those stores sell bigger sizes? Because I've been looking in internet for Mooto, Adidas, etc but they always offer just sizes 4, 5 and 6, and my husband is 7.

Yes both carries bigger sizes.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

If he can use an 8, there are Size 8 Adidas Champion doboks here for 13 bucks! :) Worth breaking out the sewing kit for maybe :lol:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You obviously have never seen me throw.

Anyway, I have some questions:

When did Kukkiwon first come up with the V-neck, pullover dobaks?

About how long was it before most schools of KKW-certified instructors had switched from the crossover (bathrobe/kimono-style) dobaks?

Does anyone else get a little irritated when people insist that "dobak" refers specifically to the V-neck-style uniform, rather than simply to any martial arts uniform?

Is there anyone who makes a heavyweight, all-cotton, white-lapelled V-neck dobak? (Would be great for forms and demos [but suck for sparring]. Nice, loud snap. However, everything I've found is either medium-weight at best or is a polyester blend.)

Anyone ever tried attaching patches with Velcro? I would love to
be able to bleach a uniform, but patches can't handle it.

Dan

Hi Dan:

I did notice if anyone answered your first question. The v-neck dobok was adopted by the Kukkiwon in 1978.

I've not found that dobok is exclusive to the v-neck. Perhaps your instructor does feel this way, however.

I wish there was a way to take patches off for a good cleaning. Unfortuneatly (sp?) bleach is not a good substance for most doboks. It tends to ruin the material. In my experience, dry bleach works well.

gustavogd

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm posting from Brazil and in December I'll will be travelling to the USA as a tourist. But I want to buy a Adidas uniform when I'm there because the prices are much cheaper than in here. So, I'd appreciate a lot if anyone could tell me where can I find a store in New York or Miami that sells these uniforms.

Thank you all.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm posting from Brazil and in December I'll will be travelling to the USA as a tourist. But I want to buy a Adidas uniform when I'm there because the prices are much cheaper than in here. So, I'd appreciate a lot if anyone could tell me where can I find a store in New York or Miami that sells these uniforms.

Thank you all.

Welcome if you come to Texas I have them. Maybe you should go to the meet and greet section and introduce yourself.

Latest Discussions