Instructor's dobok different from students?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trust me, that would make the instructors stand out.

The way the sentence is written now (in context), it could still clearly and easily mean what I implied it to mean.

No, not really. But by all means let's have a debate about grammar in the middle of this thread :rolleyes:

Pax,

Chris

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
My instructors don't wear anything to differentiate them from their students. = a correct sentence

As it is now this sentence is correct. However place a comma in the correct place and you have something totally different.

My instructors don't wear anything, to differentiate them from their students. = a correct sentence + naked instructors

The English language is not that funny. You just need to understand the what, when, how, and why to use punctuations marks.

Just had to add my .02 on this.
icon10.gif

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, basically, you made a comment about what my sentence might have meant if I had written it differently? OK, thanks for the input.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Pax,

Chris

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you want to be instantly identified as the instructor, or do you wear what your students do to identify with them?

For us it is a yes and no. We actually started this about 3 year ago. All the instructors received straight black uniforms with Sensei "name" embroided. The main purpose of this was to have them stick out in the midst of the other ranks, so people could visibly see who was there as an instructor as opposed to student. This made it easier for parents to know who to ask questions or speak on any concerns about their kid, etc.

Now last year, Sensei Sharkey started a Leadership Program. It is an invite only program for 4th gup/kyu or higher. It is a free class in which either himself, myself or Sensei Brendon will lead. The kids in this class also where a straight black uniform with their name and "Leadership Team" on it. These are the kids which other under belts can go to for assistance if an instructor is already busy assisting someone else.

So to sum all of that up...instructors and assistant instructors do where a different color uniform from non-instructors.