how many people here used to watch kung fu theater ?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who could forget such classics as Cooking Kung Fu or the Five Deadly Venoms or The Kid With the Golden Arm?

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I sure did! Great stuff, for the most part.
My, have martial arts (Kung Fu) movies come a long way!
Especially the choreography. :)

Some fond memories, to be sure...

Thanks,
Milt G.

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yup. My father, my wife and myself used to watch EVERY Saturday. Some real good stuff. I loved when they would jump over trees, buildings and mountains and stuff, the sounds that were dubbed in was like someone flapping a towel or shirt...LOL. The voice overs were bad they were good!

Michael

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
My first introduction to the MA....Sat TV was taboo in my house....Too many chores to do...BUT....would watch it any chance I got.. my Dad didn't find much value in it...yet years after he died I found a handmade whipchain buried in a box in his shop....A couple of his 1/4" square headed nuts welded to some 3/4" round steel stock about 5' long with a handmade chain...My mom knew nothing about it...hmmmmmmmmmm what fathers know and never tell......

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not only did I watch them, I try to collect them now. Always checking the discount bins in stores, come up with the occassional gem (Yoga vs. Kung-fu or Beggar of No Equal)....fun stuff.

Peace,
Erik

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I used to watch kung fu theater. But I'll tell you something: I would only watch it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . But never at dusk! Never at dusk, I would never do that. :D

And I own the DVDs :D

Last edited:

Latest Discussions