How good can you get alone ?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What he said pretty much was that "with my training program you can get decent at home by yourself, though if you want to step up and reach some impressive lvl you would need a gym" But yeah I get what are you saying.

He's selling his video. Of course he's going to say you can use it to get good. What's he going to say? "With my video, you won't get good, but buy it anyway"?

This is a BJJ guy that I really respect. He and his friend, who had wrestling experience, tried to learn BJJ at home together, and he says he feels all that time was wasted. Because they didn't get instruction and they weren't sparring people who knew what they were doing.

He has experience in a grappling art, and he feels that trying to learn another grappling art with a partner was a waste of time. You need to be in a group of people who are better than you in order to get better yourself.

I do watch videos and learn things from them. I'd learn them a lot better if I was sparring with them.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alone and before any training, you can improve fitness. Nothing more.

In parallel to regular, group training, you can practice a bit (especially striking).

You need partners to learn how to manipulate a human body and, eventually, a human mind (fighting), and to improve timing. Not to say for guidance and coherence (1 way, rather than random videos).

Latest Discussions