How effective is the MT knee strike?

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
To receive a knee strike on the chest is bad. But when you hold on your opponent's kneeing leg and then hook his standing leg off the ground, the hard falling for him can be worse. Also, since you hold on one of your opponent's legs, your knee can drop into his groin, that can be even worse.

It's pretty much like if you don't kill me with your knee strike, I will take you down hard and then drop my knee into your groin. Which one is worse?

The moment that your opponent is down, the moment that the striking game is over, the grappling game will start.

Sure it's possible with your counter, but more likely you're getting hurt with the knees. The clinch is pulling you down. After the 1st knee lands, you're weakened; making it easier to bend you downward more. Then the 2nd knee => face is now in kneeing range.

The counter to your grab the knee & sweep the standing leg is to hop over your sweeping leg; while holding onto the full plum with full body weight pressing down on your neck => stomp down hard w/the leg caught to escape => start kneeing again, but this time to the face as all of the above should've worn down your posture significantly more.

Latest Discussions