The pulling strike

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not whilst in the act of pullng you cant, and they are alwzys going to be less efficient than having the correct range/ swing
Of course you can. Hook the back of the neck with your cupped palm with one hand, strike while pulling the head down or to the side. We drill this all the time, it happens in every single Mui Thai match that has ever happened. I've personally landed many such strikes and ate many more.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im trying to picure it ?

I hook their head And pull and then rotate by uper body to do an elbow strike, i either stop pulling or as i rotate, my pulling arm is taking them away from my elbow ?
Your shoulders and chest constrict together.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I mean is if I grab your head I don't need to pull your whole body down. I just need to make your head move that way and your body will follow. Similarly, if I twist your wrist and pull your hand towards me, I'm getting your shoulder and head to come towards me.

What I mean is that I am pulling, and you're moving the way I want you to pull. But I'm not pulling your entire body. I'm getting a part of your body to move in such a way that the rest will follow. But it happens with a pull, and the body moves in the direction of the pull.
If you pull my arm and move me firward you would need to move my whole body, or to put it another way if i moved b body back you would come toeards me

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you pull my arm and move me firward you would need to move my whole body, or to put it another way if i moved b body back you would come toeards me
Control the head control the body.

One of the more useful principles I got from wingchun, although it's also heavily utilized in Mui Thai, wrestling, bjj and probably other arts too.

Latest Discussions