Knee kick in stand up game, elbow drop in ground game

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you tested it out because it provides it makes it easier to discuss possible counters. When I saw the video suggesting to move the leg to side, I already knew that wasn't going to be a solution for me. I think some people come up with partial solutions and not understanding that it get rid of one problem but then creates another that may be bigger than the original issue of being kicked in the knee.
that clip is not a "knee stomping" like the following clip does.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
that clip is not a "knee stomping" like the following clip does.

I've seen this video before. Horrible techniques. I'll have to show you the way that I do mine during free sparring vs how they are showing it here.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think in full contact, American Kickboxing around that time, it wasn't allowed to kick to the leg all together as it was considered too easy and trashy....like spamming. Then this fight happened where the Karatekas/Kickboxers agreed to let a Nak Muay kick to the leg (although I doubt they allowed full Muay Thai....so no clinch, knees nor elbows):

I read that despite Rick Roufus' brother talking mad trash about how cheesy it was during the interview right after, their whole camp went out ASAP to train Muay Thai techniques.

I remember that fight so well. I winced watching every leg kick.